What's new

Article From MKOnline Shares a Few New Details About KP2 Characters, and the DLC Selection Process

Hexin_Wishes

Likes nerds with big ...
Yeah, thinking like this, you got a point. It's just that now things are a little different when we meet new kharacters. Back then, anything cheesy would do, and as the years passed, names like Reptile and Chameleon became a lot easy to relate to the actual kharacters since they were labeled like that long ago. But these days, introducing new kharacters, anything like that might sound weird for some, probably reason why D'Vorah isn't called anything directly related to the word "insect".

Tri-Borg sound a little odd for its time of birth, but your point makes sense considering we're talking about the MK universe and its roots.
Chulo, "D'Vorah" is based off of "Devorah"(which is also "Deborah") which is Hebrew for " Bee".

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Fujin rocks! to the dude who said he sucks, no QC sucks and is did I mention Dead? haha.

This will always be true. Always. Yes we buy but it doesnt always cover everything. Promotions, conferences, marketing, development, loss management, and you gotta pay people. And Esl and otber tornaments in which they donation life changing amounts of cash. @SonicFox5000

*Mic drop*
Sadly yes, though I do hope NRS and I'm sure the team(as it's not always their choice ie with higher ups WB) do at least consider the fans, I think most of the time they do with the value packs, free costumes etc I mean it's more than I can say about other fighters *cough Capcom*cough* lol but yeah I mean I noticed unfortunately with DLC guest characters it's all about the money. I remember when Sony dished out a TON to get Kratos as their exclusive, I can only imagine how much they dished out lol

Yes exactly. Money talks (louder than tym posts) and its an obvious choice if someone pays you to put their product in the game before you even sell it to players. I really wanted fujin as well he was my only requested character and i am very disappointed with the choices they made.
Yeah dude I agree. I get it's a business but also something that wouldn't exist without the fans over the years. But I'm starting to think NRS just doesn't like Fujin lol call me paranoid but what 10 fighting games, he's only been in 2 lol. Here's hoping Fujin for MK 11! lol if they don't do a KP3 but I doubt they'll do that by now unless the second pack sells insanely well.

FrankOceansWaifu

Watch this set up.
People like Sareena because of her backstory and the fact that see can add to the lore. She has also never really gotten the spotlight (she was only playable in MK Tournament Edition on the GameBoy and MK Armageddon). She has a lot of potential, and people would really like to see her as a fleshed out character in MKX.

As for Ashrah, I'm not really sure. Not as many people like her, but she does have a following (I mean, every character does). I think one reason why people want to see her back in is the same reasons why some people wanted Bo' Rai Cho in: To bring back a MK Deception character and redesign them. If there's one thing I can agree on it's that I don't like NRS throwing away characters. I want to see them take the post-Trilogy characters and redesign them instead of simply pretending like they didn't exist. So yeah, people want Ashrah because of her potential. I guess another good example of what I mean is Tremor. He was never really playable, he made is debut in a terrible spin-off game, yet people still wanted him because they saw potential. And now he's in MKX and is a pretty great character.
Whoa I expected a more angry reply. What is this? Is this even TYM anymore? :eek:

HuttonMD

ADM Riddles
Guest characters are here to stay. The game has to make money in order for NRS to be able to support the game for extended time. Not that I'm a big fan of it but i get it from a business standpoint.

At least NRS does a good job at designing characters so leather face may end up being pretty legit.

Just to throw in my kp2 wish list :D
-Shang Tsung
-Sareena (she looked really good in story)
-Havik
-Frost

Gamer68

Fujin!
Whoa I expected a more angry reply. What is this? Is this even TYM anymore? :eek:
I wish more people would write honest comments that aren't filled with unnecessary angry and sarcastic comments. And I'm not just talking about Test Your Might, I'm talking about anywhere. I wish more people were honest in real life too.

kantboy-2

Ripper
D'Vorah is also a play on the spanish word 'devora' which translates to 'devour' or 'consume' which are two words she constantly mentions in her dialogues.

Just like Bo'Rai'Cho is a play on 'borracho' which is the spanish word for 'drunk.'

Spencer

Always Training
Leather face is in the game because once the movie comes out some people are going to think he's cool and want to play as him in the game therefore attracting more buyers.

Two characters for OG Mk fans and NRS

Two characters to attract new customers for WB to make more money.

Like it or not that's the truth.

They did the same thing with KP1.

Leather face is in the game because once the movie comes out some people are going to think he's cool and want to play as him in the game therefore attracting more buyers.

Two characters for OG Mk fans and NRS

Two characters to attract new customers for WB to make more money.

Like it or not that's the truth.

They did the same thing with KP1.
I still don't see the problem with the way they handled their DLC with MK9. They still had a guest to "pay the bills" so to speak and 3 MK characters that attracted the three main categories of fans. Splitting it down the middle is a little too much for me.

Spencer

Always Training
I still don't see the problem with the way they handled their DLC with MK9. They still had a guest to "pay the bills" so to speak and 3 MK characters that attracted the three main categories of fans. Splitting it down the middle is a little too much for me.
I don't really agree with it I'm just saying what they did.

I'm sure NRS studio would/might of did it like they did Mk9

But WB Plays a huge part in DLC selection and they saw a way too advertise and make more money. So they took it.

People not so much true MK Fans are going to buy the game solely to play Alien vs Predator and to play with Jason and Leatherface especially when that new movie comes out.

The Greed of Money bro that's all it is.

I don't really agree with it I'm just saying what they did.

I'm sure NRS studio would/might of did it like they did Mk9

But WB Plays a huge part in DLC selection and they see saw a way too advertise and make more money. So they took it.

People not so much true MK Fans are going to buy the game solely to play Alien vs Predator and to play with Jason and Leatherface especially when that new movie comes out.

The Greed of Money bro that's all it is.
Unfortunately. It speaks volumes after how WB / Rocksteady handled the Arkham Knight DLC.....honestly makes me fear their involvement in future MK titles. How long before guests start appearing as pre-order bonuses or unlocks in the main roster? I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

Jayroc

Hat tier ftw
Without Shao Kahn in this game it only makes sense to have his protege REIKO! in this game. He was such a boss in his day.