What's new

Tech - Dragon Breath Armor break tech and combos

Kandarr

Mournful Avenger
Special Cancellable Starters-

F1 (8F mid, armor breaks, can be cancelled at any point in the move)

F3 (26f Overhead that can be cancelled into a special, or leads into a double overhead pop-up string (F34) OR another string which has a command grab that connects on hit and block (F3 + grab) Can be cancelled before connecting)

B3 (24f low. Same benefits as F3 without the overhead string. F3 and B3 have very similar startups)

B233 (24f Mid-low-low. A very good footsie tool albeit a bit on the slow side)

B12 (11f Low mid. Short range but good if your opponent isn't respecting the F or B3 because of their slower startup)

Midscreen meterless-

(Any Starter)DB1, D4 BF4

341 run F21 BF4

Midscreen 1 Bar-

(Any starter) ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B233 DB1, D4 BF4

Corner Meterless-

(Any Starter [F1 needs to be cancelled on the 3rd hit]) wait for recovery, 21, 21, 21, F1- You can end in DB2 for max damage, DF1 for a DoT, or DB4 for an armor break setup (explained later)

341, 21, 21 21, F1(ender)

Corner 1 Bar- (49% 1 bar minimum)

(Any starter) ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B223 DB1, 21, 21, 21, F1 DB2

(If the opponent jumps out) DB1, 21, 21, 3 ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B233 DF2 (Ends in standing reset with you at +9. If the opponent doesn't respect you, F1 is guaranteed and armor breaks.

Armor Break set-up-

Ending any of the above corner combos with DB4 sets up an armor break situation at the cost of about 3-4%. What you want to do is F1 as soon as you recover from the fart. The reason this armor breaks, is because the fart lingers (teehee) and the first hit of F1, your 8F 4hitting mid, will both connect at once, and both are mids which will always hit. Since the fart armor breaks, you cannot fart again in the combo, so the best option off this setup is - F1 DB1, 21, 21, F1 (ender).

This variation does a great job on oki, and leads to great safe damage and meaty setups. I'll be working on a full guide ASAP then moving on to triborg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/48kd4s/dragons_breath_combo_guide/

Last edited:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
So your saying the mini fart will linger long enough to help break the armour or are you talking EX?

EDIT: by gawd you're right, batman

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
Practicing on reptiles slide since it's the fastest armour and the best I can do is break it with a D1. It's definitely something worth learning since the opponent loses meter and we have slight plus frames.

The slower attacks can be full combo punished with anything as F1 as the starter

I'm using
413u4 21 NJP 21 3 db4

If the opponents move is slower then F1's 8 frames you can spend a bar and EX fart to combo.

Note that on the combo above you have to press 3 when they are low to the ground so the fart lingers long enough to still be active. It's easier to delay the second 21 for a moment.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
I've known & tested this on Reptile since the night of his release. Posted it in the general discussion thread, it's timing specific but fairly easy with a little practice. You can break Reptiles armor with the lingering gas & F1. On block you're safe & on hit you get 30%+, plus the chip makes up for the damage loss.

Last edited:

BigMacMcLovin

B2s and Birdarangs
I've known & tested this on Reptile since the night of his release. Posted it in the general discussion thread, it's timing specific but fairly easy with a little practice. You can break Reptiles armor with the lingering gas & F1. On block you're safe & on hit you get 30%+, plus the chip makes up for the damage loss.
I can't break his slide with F1. He low profiles the first of it cause it's a high and then gets me before the barrage comes out.

Percimon

Sky above, Voice within
Armor crush fart setup in the corner (DOESN'T work with ex-spin of Kung Lao):

Inputs:
1) 21, 21, 21, 34, ex-db4, d1;
2) 21, 21, 21, f1, ex-db4, d1.

ImAura

Ironic Irony
I can't break his slide with F1. He low profiles the first of it cause it's a high and then gets me before the barrage comes out.
I don't have a video, but here's the easiest way to do it. Starter, 21, wait a little then db4 into f1. I am allowing the hit advantage from 21 help me break all armor. I might stream it later to showcase what I think Bo' Rai Cho should be doing

Juanchaaa

Skarlet Tech Junkie
In the armor breaking section you mention something about sacrificing 3-4% I assume you're talking about damage right?

The term oki always slips my mind, what does it mean?

And thank you for the thread.

Parasurama

Dragon
Special Cancellable Starters-

F1 (8F mid, armor breaks, can be cancelled at any point in the move)

F3 (26f Overhead that can be cancelled into a special, or leads into a double overhead pop-up string (F34) OR another string which has a command grab that connects on hit and block (F3 + grab) Can be cancelled before connecting)

B3 (24f low. Same benefits as F3 without the overhead string. F3 and B3 have very similar startups)

B233 (24f Mid-low-low. A very good footsie tool albeit a bit on the slow side)

B12 (11f Low mid. Short range but good if your opponent isn't respecting the F or B3 because of their slower startup)

Midscreen meterless-

(Any Starter)DB1, D4 BF4

341 run F21 BF4

Midscreen 1 Bar-

(Any starter) ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B233 DB1, D4 BF4

Corner Meterless-

(Any Starter [F1 needs to be cancelled on the 3rd hit]) wait for recovery, 21, 21, 21, F1- You can end in DB2 for max damage, DF1 for a DoT, or DB4 for an armor break setup (explained later)

341, 21, 21 21, F1(ender)

Corner 1 Bar- (49% 1 bar minimum)

(Any starter) ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B223 DB1, 21, 21, 21, F1 DB2

(If the opponent jumps out) DB1, 21, 21, 3 ex DB4, DF1, jump back, JI2 B233 DF2 (Ends in standing reset with you at +9. If the opponent doesn't respect you, F1 is guaranteed and armor breaks.

Armor Break set-up-

Ending any of the above corner combos with DB4 sets up an armor break situation at the cost of about 3-4%. What you want to do is F1 as soon as you recover from the fart. The reason this armor breaks, is because the fart lingers (teehee) and the first hit of F1, your 8F 4hitting mid, will both connect at once, and both are mids which will always hit. Since the fart armor breaks, you cannot fart again in the combo, so the best option off this setup is - F1 DB1, 21, 21, F1 (ender).

This variation does a great job on oki, and leads to great safe damage and meaty setups. I'll be working on a full guide ASAP then moving on to triborg.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalKombat/comments/48kd4s/dragons_breath_combo_guide/
Thanks for the breakdown. A guide would be useful. Thanks!