What's new

Arika's Fighting game EX - Doctrine Dark reveal

EntropicByDesign

It's all so very confusing.
Ive never played him in any of the game(s?) he's been in in the past, but Ive seen the character and some of the concept art and some general gameplay with his move set and such.. and I can honestly say, If someone came up to me and said "Design a fighting game character" Doctrine is DAMN CLOSE to exactly what i'd come out with.

I haven't been paying much attention to this weird Arika game, i dont even know what/who Arika is, though I could google it, lol.. But after seeing that he's going to be in? I'm almost certainly going to give it a look with him as my day one main.

I've never played any of the ex games but he is easily my favorite looking character from those games. This game is shaping up pretty well.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
All I can say is:

Jump in ferice, 2x crouching d1, crouching d3, dark wire, dark spark, cancelled in to Dark Shackle, cancelled into Death Trump, cancelled into Dark shackle. With his sick animation & his cool ass blade cutting the water on his stage. Under tube if I remember correctly.

I remember the salt very well. I can still taste it. Since I was always on the other end of this combo & many many more. It was especially nice when my brother would set it up with a cross up explosive.

The salt was real in back in 96/97.

I can't not wait for this game to come out.

Doctrine Dark. The man that detestes Rolento & Guile.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
It's so odd that smaller studios are releasing games that look so interesting like this and Capcom is releasing shit.

I had a lot of fun with the EX series and I'd definitely buy this when it's released. I remember playing a lot of Vulcano and Shadowgeist.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
It's so odd that smaller studios are releasing games that look so interesting like this and Capcom is releasing shit.

I had a lot of fun with the EX series and I'd definitely buy this when it's released. I remember playing a lot of Vulcano and Shadowgeist.
Are the two next characters in line i'm thinking about along side crackerjack

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ive never played him in any of the game(s?) he's been in in the past, but Ive seen the character and some of the concept art and some general gameplay with his move set and such.. and I can honestly say, If someone came up to me and said "Design a fighting game character" Doctrine is DAMN CLOSE to exactly what i'd come out with.

I haven't been paying much attention to this weird Arika game, i dont even know what/who Arika is, though I could google it, lol.. But after seeing that he's going to be in? I'm almost certainly going to give it a look with him as my day one main.
Street Fighter EX was wildly popular when it came out, i remember of playing SF EX on arcades and then SF EX 2 Plus on consoles, also played EX 3 but that was much more about tag and a few mechanics were taken out, so EX 2 Plus was the pinnacle of the series.

The game was developed by Arika back then and it was insane, the amount of combos you could do was off the chart as well.