What's new

AREZ God Of War Has Passed Away

REYTHEGREAT

WOW. that is crazy. Arez and I go back to the MKU days and our last conversation was on here Dec2019 then he disappeared. May his soul rest in peace.

xKMMx

Banned
I would have to get a hold of his mom to find out, but I am brainstorming ideas about personally doing a live memorial stream event for him. He wasn't a big fan of MK11 but he liked MK9, KI, UMK3, and SFA3, just to name a few.

I think it would be possible to pull together enough players for a hype ass tournament for each of those games. Any proceeds would go directly to his mom. I don't necessarily consider myself the best streamer or tournament organizer though, I'm more of a competitor so I would need help. I would not be opposed to hosting it on someone elses stream/platform that has a wider audience if that were a possibility.
I’m in for PS4. Whatever we can do for his family would be great.

VulcanGoF

God of Fire
I'm rather off my game as far as thinking goes. . . I didn't even bother to look in here before I made a post. I would like you all to come over and take a look and leave a comment if you so feel. I posted most of the pics that I could make fit in the forum, I have more, and will have to shrink them to fit. Be sure to keep an eye out. I also have paper pics that I'm going to digitize and add soon, hopefully. Thank you all, for being such great friends to him.

https://testyourmight.com/threads/in-memory-of-arez-god-of-war.73408/#post-2645581

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
I am just seeing this now. How awful. He started messaging me again recently really opening up about things after years of disappearance, I assume to some of you as well.

Shock

Administrator
Premium Supporter
Needed a few minutes to gather my thoughts, this is really sad so I'll keep it short.

I went to his place in PA with @AC1984 once for some classic MK. He showed us his veritable zoo of animals and cooked us a chicken parm dinner. I remember him being a Kano player in UMK3 and that he would bind his kick button to one of the triggers. He was very upset when I didn't let him have 2 LK buttons and then I believe his controller stopped working in that tournament so he bowed out. Everyone who says he was super passionate is spot on. Very intense and had a strong personality. I wish there was something that could have been done.

BurdaA

Frost-Byte
Really sorry to hear this

Was always cool when we interacted here.

Thoughts go out to his friends and family.

REO

Undead
Horrible and depressing news. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at a few tournaments back in the day. AREZ was a hilarious dude and very passionate about animals and FGs. I got the chance to play him in so many different games during the 3D era.

Rest in piece. It feels gut wrenching having to make this post.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Horrible and depressing news. I had the pleasure of meeting him in person at a few tournaments back in the day. AREZ was a hilarious dude and very passionate about animals and FGs. I got the chance to play him in so many different games during the 3D era.

Rest in piece. It feels gut wrenching having to make this post.
Very gut wrenching and ever since I heard this news I can’t stop remembering all the conversations we have had over the years. Arez shared my love of classic FG’s, UMK3, one of my favorite movies of all time (Chronicles of Riddick), and so much more. He was just a genuinely good and funny friend to have. Wasn’t afraid to express his opinions, or tell it like it is. Wasn’t afraid to call you out on your BS, or to admit when he himself was wrong too.

This still is very painful for me. And we weren’t even SUPER tight like some others. So I can only imagine how they’re feeling. Life can be so devastating...

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I always wondered what happened to him years ago. Very sad to hear about this just now. Fondest memory I have of him was back at NEC 2012. I got to hear him call some of my matches in MK2. He always had great insight and knowledge. A good guy to talk to and overall to be around.