What's new

AREZ God Of War Has Passed Away

I never knew the guy but I've seen his posts here since I found this site in the MK9 days. I have to admit it's gonna be weird not seeing his name pop up in posts. I never post things like this but I feel compelled to bc it feels like this site lost something good. Condolences to all his friends and family. Rest in peace.

Cobainevermind87

Mid-match beer sipper
God damn it man. Fuck this year. It's been nothing but shit. RIP AREZ. One of the few posters I respected here.

I also wonder what happened to @Braindead. I hope he's well, and just taking a break. But my pessimistic mind tells me otherwise.

Can we get a mental health thread going or something? A lot of folks are going through rough times, maybe it would be appropriate.

Just spit balling.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
I never thought I'd be posting this, but I just received news that @AREZ God of War has passed away. He has been an online friend of mine since 2008 during the 3D MK days, and I considered him a close friend. Cause of death was alcohol. We ran a clan back in the day called The Black Dragon, and were like family though we never met in person.

https://blackdragonmk.proboards.com/ is our old clan website. Looks nothing like it used to but is filled with memories, and history (don't click any fishy russian links).

Rest in peace, brother.
Would you know if there was any kind of funeral yet, or at least some kind of online memorial? Sometimes it's nice to be able to send flowers, or a card, or leave a comment of some kind.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
God damn it man. Fuck this year. It's been nothing but shit. RIP AREZ. One of the few posters I respected here.

I also wonder what happened to @Braindead. I hope he's well, and just taking a break. But my pessimistic mind tells me otherwise.

Can we get a mental health thread going or something? A lot of folks are going through rough times, maybe it would be appropriate.

Just spit balling.
I was just thinking about this yesterday. How people on here could pass away and unless someone knows them personally, we may never even know. :/

mastermalone

Use only logic, please
I never thought I'd be posting this, but I just received news that @AREZ God of War has passed away. He has been an online friend of mine since 2008 during the 3D MK days, and I considered him a close friend. Cause of death was alcohol. We ran a clan back in the day called The Black Dragon, and were like family though we never met in person.

https://blackdragonmk.proboards.com/ is our old clan website. Looks nothing like it used to but is filled with memories, and history (don't click any fishy russian links).

Rest in peace, brother.
My condolences to his family. This is tragic news.

B W1zZ

Noob
Would you know if there was any kind of funeral yet, or at least some kind of online memorial? Sometimes it's nice to be able to send flowers, or a card, or leave a comment of some kind.
I would have to get a hold of his mom to find out, but I am brainstorming ideas about personally doing a live memorial stream event for him. He wasn't a big fan of MK11 but he liked MK9, KI, UMK3, and SFA3, just to name a few.

I think it would be possible to pull together enough players for a hype ass tournament for each of those games. Any proceeds would go directly to his mom. I don't necessarily consider myself the best streamer or tournament organizer though, I'm more of a competitor so I would need help. I would not be opposed to hosting it on someone elses stream/platform that has a wider audience if that were a possibility.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I would have to get a hold of his mom to find out, but I am brainstorming ideas about personally doing a live memorial stream event for him. He wasn't a big fan of MK11 but he liked MK9, KI, UMK3, and SFA3, just to name a few.

I think it would be possible to pull together enough players for a hype ass tournament for each of those games. Any proceeds would go directly to his mom. I don't necessarily consider myself the best streamer or tournament organizer though, I'm more of a competitor so I would need help. I would not be opposed to hosting it on someone elses stream/platform that has a wider audience if that were a possibility.
That sounds like a great idea. I have retired from playing UMK3 online, but I would play it online for this.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
I'm shook. Him and @Sutter Pain and I were just having a discussion in the music thread about late 90's early 2K hip-hop. He mentioned how much he liked Killah Priest and we were kind of going back and forth posting links.

He said he's been wanting to talk to me for a while (about hip-hop I suppose) and we were just discovering that we had a lot in common. This was literally 2 weeks ago. He was always super nice and I could tell he had a good heart.

Rest in Peace, brother.
:(

B W1zZ

Noob
I'm shook. Him and @Sutter Pain and I were just having a discussion in the music thread about late 90's early 2K hip-hop. He mentioned how much he liked Killah Priest and we were kind of going back and forth posting links.

He said he's been wanting to talk to me for a while (about hip-hop I suppose) and we were just discovering that we had a lot in common. This was literally 2 weeks ago. He was always super nice and I could tell he had a good heart.

Rest in Peace, brother.
:(
Yeah texting one day, dead the fucking next like what the fuck. This world is too much sometimes.