What's new

General/Other Ares: Trials of a God! (Community Effort)

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
I do pretty good online. If anyone wants to add me, I'm always trying to find new tech. psn OROCHI-dragon

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Ares bnbs is similar to riding in a Cadillac "smooth" his move set flows like a ocean lol metaphors ... Ares will forever be my main injustice character and anybody that has met me FreedomPilot on Xbox or psn know I either body you or get bodied because bad reads combos are not the problem

MILE_HIGH_CLUB

FREEDOM'S LABORATORY
Amen brother. Me in a nutshell.

The problem with using Ares competitively is that it's so easy to make bad reads against the top tier characters.
Exactly pro player against ares list
1 teleports are dangerous
2 you can never keep them in footsie range
3 godsmack so punishable
4 d1 trait is ublockable online (Jk)
5 1 drop combo can either go 2 ways you get max damage off his godsmack or the opponent just blows you up and crosses up your wake up game.

orochiDragon

Does anybody else have trouble with Grundy?! It's so easy to make bad reads against a good Grundy. Btw my brother plays a mean Grundy if anyone needs help with that match up.

Does anybody else have trouble with Grundy?! It's so easy to make bad reads against a good Grundy. Btw my brother plays a mean Grundy if anyone needs help with that match up.
I did have trouble with Grundy but then I learned to just keep the fuck away. Wake-up with Away Teleports, play footsies and zone him out. He'll eventually get annoyed and try rushing you and that's when you get in and capitalize on his mistakes.

orochiDragon

I did have trouble with Grundy but then I learned to just keep the fuck away. Wake-up with Away Teleports, play footsies and zone him out. He'll eventually get annoyed and try rushing you and that's when you get in and capitalize on his mistakes.
Dude my bro has his walking corpse cancels on lock lol. Playing footsies too much is like asking to get wc'ed out. If u try and shoot full screen u get swamp hands, which I might add is just as fast as ares's options. He plays me, so he knows too look out for most of my mix ups and resets. When we play a set to thirty it ends 30 him 21-25 me :(.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Playing keep away with Grundy doesn't work offline. He can mb Swamphands on reaction. You basically have to try to put him in the corner or play this really fucked up footsies game. b13 and f3 have some throw immune frames you can try to abuse, and beyond that Ares doesn't have a whole lot in this match up

InFlames

dead
Playing keep away with Grundy doesn't work offline. He can mb Swamphands on reaction. You basically have to try to put him in the corner or play this really fucked up footsies game. b13 and f3 have some throw immune frames you can try to abuse, and beyond that Ares doesn't have a whole lot in this match up
Not sure but doesn't f23 have throw immunity as well? I've had throws whiff when the 3 comes out.

Do u play with multiple characters? I only play with ares :(... Never really wanted to play with anyone else.
I main Ares and Zod(mostly for Ares' bad match-ups), but I also like using some other characters for fun.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Not sure but doesn't f23 have throw immunity as well? I've had throws whiff when the 3 comes out.
I think it does, but I'm not sure how you'd take advantage of that. b13 has some throw immunity on start up and near the end of the string. I think if you time it right you can do b13 on reaction to walking corpse and make it whiff if Grundy doesn't cancel

orochiDragon

I think it does, but I'm not sure how you'd take advantage of that. b13 has some throw immunity on start up and near the end of the string. I think if you time it right you can do b13 on reaction to walking corpse and make it whiff if Grundy doesn't cancel
The timing on the b13 is hard. U have to start it up perfect because it seems like only the 3 has throw immunity near its end .Imagine the look on my face when I time it wrong. It's usually a 27% into a reset , into 48%+, into another reset attempt. I'm so glad I know how to at least block and stop the set ups.

4x4lo8o

Noob
The timing on the b13 is hard. U have to start it up perfect because it seems like only the 3 has throw immunity near its end .Imagine the look on my face when I time it wrong. It's usually a 27% into a reset , into 48%+, into another reset attempt. I'm so glad I know how to at least block and stop the set ups.
The 3 has throw immunity, but I'm pretty sure the start of the b1 does too

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Ares bnbs is similar to riding in a Cadillac "smooth" his move set flows like a ocean lol metaphors ... Ares will forever be my main injustice character and anybody that has met me FreedomPilot on Xbox or psn know I either body you or get bodied because bad reads combos are not the problem
Oh you are freedompilot? we had some gg's some time ago :)