What's new

General/Other Ares: Trials of a God! (Community Effort)

Gh0sty

ばかみたいに無料
xInfra Deadx and RedRaptor10 are the two best Ares players that I've played on PSN. I hope that the prophesy in the OP comes to pass and the Ares community joins gauntlets to discover some way not to get stomped by BG.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
The difference here is that you guys in this Ares sub-forum all have each other to share your accomplishments.... ;_;
That's true... And Ares isn't Banned either. haha.

PS: I like how you said "you guys" when this is barely my first day lab-ing it up with this character and venturing into these forums.. lol...

I guess as a Kratos main you see the God of War in me?

4x4lo8o

Noob
One of these days I have to get something off my chest as far as Ares goes.

That he's a shitty low tier character that only experiences any limitedof amount of success because most players are incredibly unaware of the match up? And threads like this one are amusing and depressing at the same time because of how futile they are?

It's ok, you can say it

That's true... And Ares isn't Banned either. haha.
PS: I like how you said "you guys" when this is barely my first day lab-ing it up with this character and venturing into these forums.. lol...

I guess as a Kratos main you see the God of War in me?
Yeah.
I didn't know that.

Maayyybe. :p
That he's a shitty low tier character that only experiences any limitedof amount of success because most players are incredibly unaware of the match up? And threads like this one are amusing and depressing at the same time because of how futile they are?

It's ok, you can say it
Whenever he falls into his low-tier depression state, which isn't guaranteed.

Red Reaper

The Hyrax Whisperer
PTG Slayer
So are you progressing with finding tech with this character? I'm interested in picking him up and I wanted to know if you guys were diving into finding stuff. With my other characters it seems like people are lacking motivation and if this is the same way here then that sux...

A good setup I've been using lately is a corner gimmick

If you land a corner combo against an opponent, end it in 112 ~ MB close tele, and jump forward to cross them up with j2, it's something you shouldn't try to do repeatedly, but it will definitely catch people off guard, and I've had like 98% success with it online lol.

ryublaze

Noob
I think everything has been found besides interactable setups.

When it comes to this game, tech is pretty bare bones compared to MK9 IMO...then again it might just be the characters that I use.

InFlames

dead
Is there a thread with all Ares tech compiled together? Videos appreciated. InFlames 4x4lo8o xInfra Deadx
Not all of them, but 4x4lo80's thread has all the wall setups which are 90% of all his stuff anyway. We should make one though to help out the newcomers.

I'll try to find some interactable setups for him. I hate how gadget characters have all these sweet setups off interactable and all power characters can do is throw stuff.

4x4lo8o

Noob
If my entire pool at SCR is Batgirl players you won't hear me complaining. Well, maybe a little bit about how my corner game is useless, but as long she keeps the MMH's and Superman's and Flash's away I'll deal with that.

I don't know what to put in a tech thread. There's a lot of stuff I'd call set ups or gimmick but I don't about much actual tech. Ares seems pretty bare boned in that area compared to other characters. Maybe that's our fault, but I'd inclined to blame it on the character.