What's new

Video/Tutorial Ares - Stage Interactable Setups (work in progress!)

InFlames

dead
Behold! The God of War! Taking Ares under his wing, InFlames has begun a series of combos respective to each stage/environment. Considering how big of a part the stages are in Injustice, well... see for yourself. So far, InFlames has included some awesome set-ups including unclashable combos and much more just in the Batcave. ~ admin edit, STORMS

Work in progress. Will try to explore all stages in order starting with Batcave and ending in Atlantis a random order to find setups for each. Feel free to share your own setups/tech and I will add to OP.

Batcave

Insurgency
*The Laser works for d4 enders as well. Forgot to add that.

Fortress of Solitude

Gotham City

Metropolis

Ferris Aircraft

Themyscira

Stryker's Island

Watchtower

Akham/Joker's Asylum

Hall of Justice

Wayne Manor

Atlantis

4x4lo8o
Mr Aquaman
RedRaptor10
xInfra Deadx
IJS Dislexsik
DownfouralitY

Attachments

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I cant record, but for metropolis near the tank with the machinegun:

3d2 mb gs 3-interactable b3 j2 f23 d4 df1.
B23 interactable b3 j2 f23 d4 df1

If you happen to be near corner after j2 you can do b23 3-smash car.

And basically any air to air near tank you can use interactable into b3.

InFlames

dead
I cant record, but for metropolis near the tank with the machinegun:

3d2 mb gs 3-interactable b3 j2 f23 d4 df1.
B23 interactable b3 j2 f23 d4 df1

If you happen to be near corner after j2 you can do b23 3-smash car.

And basically any air to air near tank you can use interactable into b3.
I can record these if you want. I've started looking for stuff in Insurgency and so far that stage sucks aside from the electric thing on the right.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I can record these if you want. I've started looking for stuff in Insurgency and so far that stage sucks aside from the electric thing on the right.
For sure man.

Something i forgot to add is using mb teleport like forever king jr did on stream. Like f23 mb teleport b3 or 3d2 for that one its better to use mb gs unless your on left side at corner then u can carry back to corner if you do the mb behind teleport.

ryublaze

Noob
InFlames working on Atlantis right now and I took some of your ideas so they are kinda the same as the Batcave ones. These are just combos though, I can't really find any setups.

Corner:
112 d4 f3 (d2) f23 interactable (32%+22%=54%)
112 d4 nj2 f23 f23 112 tele interactable MB (42%+22%=64%)
Right Side you in the corner: d1 d4 delayed ji2, walk forward f23 interactable (22%+20%=44%)
Unclashable: MB GS b3 interactable (18%+22%=40%)

Middle of stage (you on left side):
starter+bg bounce, b3, ji2, f23, mb behind tele, d1 interactable

If you're farther to the left but still in range for bg bounce:
starter+bg bounce, b3, ji2, f23, d4, mb behind tele, d1 interactable

InFlames

dead
InFlames working on Atlantis right now and I took some of your ideas so they are kinda the same as the Batcave ones. These are just combos though, I can't really find any setups.

Corner:
112 d4 f3 (d2) f23 interactable (32%+22%=54%)
112 d4 nj2 f23 f23 112 tele interactable MB (42%+22%=64%)
Right Side you in the corner: d1 d4 delayed ji2, walk forward f23 interactable (22%+20%=44%)
Unclashable: MB GS b3 interactable (18%+22%=40%)

Middle of stage (you on left side):
starter+bg bounce, b3, ji2, f23, mb behind tele, d1 interactable

If you're farther to the left but still in range for bg bounce:
starter+bg bounce, b3, ji2, f23, d4, mb behind tele, d1 interactable
Nice, I really like the last combo.

I just got done recording Metropolis stuff. Mostly combos off of maching guns and the usual Godsmack 50/50's. Going to start editing now.

IJS Dislexsik The MB Tele isn't needed in that combo. You can just do a regular f23, machine gun, and b3.

ryublaze

Noob
I wish you could cancel moves into the interactable on the left of Atlantis. It would've been the perfect symmetrical stage. :/

InFlames for the last combos u could replace d1 interactable with d2 interactable for 1 or 2% more damage. idk if it's harder to do than d1

InFlames and u could also replace the j2 with j3

Last edited:

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I didnt realise you could also use the minigun after b21. Very interesting! All of them where very nice man. The metropolis stage has to be one of the best for ares. Good shit InFlames your really godlike in finding out this stuff :)

4x4lo8o

Noob
This thread is the best Christmas gift Ares could have gotten.

I really like the unclashable set ups using the missiles on Batcave. They're really simple to set up and effective. You can do one of your normal corner combos into cross up Godsmack reset for over 40% into about 40% more unclashable. It's perfect because usually the opponent clashes the second I start resetting them in the corner. This forces them to clash super early or die if they end up in that corner, and you don't have to go out of your way for any of it.

I'm not sure about the set ups into the 50/50 Godsmacks with the missiles. I feel like it's kinda gimmicky in that if the opponent's never seen it before they're almost definitely going to get hit by the reset, but if they know what's going on you're probably not any more likely to hit than if you just went for your standard corner set ups.

The barrel combos on the bottom seem good though. For those you're those you're actually gaining damage and still getting the 50/50 set up, plus they just look swag as fuck.

Do you have any good set ups with the bombs on the left side of that stage? I know they otg but I haven't found a set up yet. I like to pick them up after 112 on hit(you can cancel into it) and throw them immediately. I think it's gimmicky but I'm not actually sure. No one's ever blown me up for it before.

As far as Insurgency; it's not much, but on the level with the light fixtures interactable you can do d1~d4, j3~interactable and they'll otg. It does a few percent more than the normal combo and it's good for getting rid of the lights if you're playing a character that can abuse them better than you can(like Scorpion, power characters with air mobility, or anyone with better otg setups for them than you). You can also do d1~d4, j2, jump interactable. It does less damage but has a bit more leeway as far as spacing so it's good if you really want to get rid of those lights(fucking Scorpion. You can't even play the game against him if he has you near those lights)

The brain interactable that you throw in the corner can be used if you're not in the corner. So you can otg with it in corner combos ending in 112~d4. I also think there might be some gimmick using it off of a block string. Maybe throwing it after a blocked f3 while they're respect the f23 follow up? It might be too slow, I dunno. But the fact that you don't have to be in the corner to use it might be worth exploring.

There's probably at least some gimmick or something off the laser too. It's a standing reset. I like to end combos in that corner and then jump back and use the laser. You have to wake up to avoid it and most characters don't seem to have wake ups that can punish you for doing it. Maybe there's some way to build off that.

Aren't there cross up set ups with generator thing on the other part of the stage? I'm pretty sure you were the one who mentioned them to me before.

I was thinking about the Arkham stage earlier. Does Ares get an inescapable Godsmack off that freeze pipe? It might be like a just frame, but you should be able to time it so they can't jump out if you hit right as they thaw. I know command grab characters can do it, so Ares shouldn't be any different.

InFlames

dead
This thread is the best Christmas gift Ares could have gotten.

I really like the unclashable set ups using the missiles on Batcave. They're really simple to set up and effective. You can do one of your normal corner combos into cross up Godsmack reset for over 40% into about 40% more unclashable. It's perfect because usually the opponent clashes the second I start resetting them in the corner. This forces them to clash super early or die if they end up in that corner, and you don't have to go out of your way for any of it.

I'm not sure about the set ups into the 50/50 Godsmacks with the missiles. I feel like it's kinda gimmicky in that if the opponent's never seen it before they're almost definitely going to get hit by the reset, but if they know what's going on you're probably not any more likely to hit than if you just went for your standard corner set ups.

The barrel combos on the bottom seem good though. For those you're those you're actually gaining damage and still getting the 50/50 set up, plus they just look swag as fuck.

Do you have any good set ups with the bombs on the left side of that stage? I know they otg but I haven't found a set up yet. I like to pick them up after 112 on hit(you can cancel into it) and throw them immediately. I think it's gimmicky but I'm not actually sure. No one's ever blown me up for it before.

As far as Insurgency; it's not much, but on the level with the light fixtures interactable you can do d1~d4, j3~interactable and they'll otg. It does a few percent more than the normal combo and it's good for getting rid of the lights if you're playing a character that can abuse them better than you can(like Scorpion, power characters with air mobility, or anyone with better otg setups for them than you). You can also do d1~d4, j2, jump interactable. It does less damage but has a bit more leeway as far as spacing so it's good if you really want to get rid of those lights(fucking Scorpion. You can't even play the game against him if he has you near those lights)

The brain interactable that you throw in the corner can be used if you're not in the corner. So you can otg with it in corner combos ending in 112~d4. I also think there might be some gimmick using it off of a block string. Maybe throwing it after a blocked f3 while they're respect the f23 follow up? It might be too slow, I dunno. But the fact that you don't have to be in the corner to use it might be worth exploring.

There's probably at least some gimmick or something off the laser too. It's a standing reset. I like to end combos in that corner and then jump back and use the laser. You have to wake up to avoid it and most characters don't seem to have wake ups that can punish you for doing it. Maybe there's some way to build off that.

Aren't there cross up set ups with generator thing on the other part of the stage? I'm pretty sure you were the one who mentioned them to me before.

I was thinking about the Arkham stage earlier. Does Ares get an inescapable Godsmack off that freeze pipe? It might be like a just frame, but you should be able to time it so they can't jump out if you hit right as they thaw. I know command grab characters can do it, so Ares shouldn't be any different.
I didn't really mess with the bombs since you can't break them out in training mode. I'll try out the stuff you mentioned for Insurgency, and yeah the generator can be crossed up and comboed off of. I'm positive you can get a free Godsmack combo from freeze if timed right.

ryublaze

Noob
InFlames Wayne Manor has similar interactable stuff as Atlantis and I think your Metropolis car stuff can be applied to Wayne Manor's car interactable too.

Outside center:
starter+bg bounce, b3, (walk forward), ji2, f23, (d4), mb behind tele, d2 interactable
Might be able to replace the ji2 with ji3 idk. You can't do this with the piano cuz it takes too long to throw, but I think u can do it with the chair. Parentheses are optional depending on where u start the combo.

Mansion center:
Combo ending with bg bounce then jump and throw the chandelier interactable, but depends on spacing. Also can go for GS mix-up depending on spacing.

Right corner and both corners in the mansion:
Unclashable: MB GS, b3, jump interactable

InFlames

dead
I take this back. Insurgency has a lot of good stuff for Ares.

I recorded the stuff you mentioned. Using the brain interactable during block strings didn't work, the pushback on f3 left you too far to use the interactable along with other strings.

This stage has a lot of standing resets aside from the Laser. The pipe can give you around 8+ frames of advantage and the TV's can give you around 15+ frames of advantage(free 3d2/3d4 mix-up).

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I take this back. Insurgency has a lot of good stuff for Ares.

I recorded the stuff you mentioned. Using the brain interactable during block strings didn't work, the pushback on f3 left you too far to use the interactable along with other strings.

This stage has a lot of standing resets aside from the Laser. The pipe can give you around 8+ frames of advantage and the TV's can give you around 15+ frames of advantage(free 3d2/3d4 mix-up).
Cant wait to see what you got :)