What's new

Video/Tutorial Ares - Stage Interactable Setups (work in progress!)

4x4lo8o

Noob
I like how Fortress of Solitude now has the 'fucking nothing' image, even though Ares gets some sick stuff off that laser and that ship works out pretty well for him too.

I still think Insurgency is a poor map for Ares, just because of all the ridiculous shit other characters get on that map. This stuff kind of evens it up, and it's probably a good map against some characters, but in general I don't think Insurgency is going to be a stage I'm looking to play on.
Luckily the community's finally settled on random stage, so we can focus more on learning every stage as opposed to figuring out one really broken stage to run to

InFlames

dead
I like how Fortress of Solitude now has the 'fucking nothing' image, even though Ares gets some sick stuff off that laser and that ship works out pretty well for him too.

I still think Insurgency is a poor map for Ares, just because of all the ridiculous shit other characters get on that map. This stuff kind of evens it up, and it's probably a good map against some characters, but in general I don't think Insurgency is going to be a stage I'm looking to play on.
Luckily the community's finally settled on random stage, so we can focus more on learning every stage as opposed to figuring out one really broken stage to run to
Lol I'm just moving that around as I get past them.

I'll start working on these again. Not sure which stage to do next, maybe Ferris or Atlantis.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Atlantis added.
Great stuff, as always.

For the stone tablet interactable, you can also OTG them if they don't tech roll by using f2~interactable(like d1~d4, j2, f2~interact or 3d2~mb GS, b3, j3, f2~interact). It doesn't seem like there's any way to OTG them with that one if they know to tech roll, but it seems like it's generally safe to try even if they tech roll.
Off of the Globe on the other side you can OTG after d4. So you can do j2, 3d2~mb GS, b3, j3, f23~d4, interactable for 68%. If you're feeling ballsy you can do teleport and break the glass for 22% more. It's not guaranteed at all - unless you do mb teleport, mb interactable(at which point you spent 4 bars but did 90%, with the last 42% being unclashable) - but it can be hard to react to especially if they don't know if you're teleporting in front of them to put them in the corner or behind them to use the interactable and have to guess which way to input their wake up

I think Atlantis is my favorite map. It doesn't have any interactables that that Ares has trouble avoiding or dealing with in the neutral game, and he has pretty good set ups for all the interactables. I think most of the overhanging interactables and stuff that respawns or flies across the screen is a bitch to deal with as Ares and some of the corner interactables on other stages mess with his corner game.

InFlames

dead
Found another guaranteed reset for that fire interactable with only 1 bar against big body characters. Over 70% damage even off a d1, and there is no timing. Definitely useful against those armor freaks. Will post it soon.

Edit: found one that works on everyone with 1 bar as well. A little hard but you get 60% off a d1.

Last edited:

InFlames

dead
Here it is:

All combos done while trying backdash. All MB Godsmack resets are guaranteed, they cannot jump, backdash, or armor through.

Watchtower = best stage for Ares? I'm starting to think so.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
If you guys have any Fortress setups then tell me. I'm planning on doing that stage.
I don't have any particularly good setups, but don't forget that you can use the laser to combo off MB fireball or axe.

Also, you're a genius if you can find a good way to use that portal thing on the other half

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I just put Injustice into my 360 for the first time in months to mess with these. Very impressive
I want to keep testing with all corner interactables, and he has so many other options than the ones I recorded, like the fire is so close you can toss a b2 or d1 right there as a mixup as well. But the f1 can cause that after walking foward after any combo or conversion into d4, I always catch myself off gaurd by getting like a j1 into it in the corner, and most stages on that side can lead into this, pretty scary, 60-70% getting air to aired jumping out of the corner, into guessing again some stages