What's new

Ares quickstand setups

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
So because there hasn't been a thread made about this, i figured i made one to explain how it works and post some setups.

Whenever you do a combo where you use d2, and end the combo with d2, it makes the opponent stand up much faster.
They still can wakeup tough or backdash. Techrolling us not possible in some cases like in the corner.

So ending d2 into special like godsmack, will turn it into reset if you mb it.
You can also teleport or turn invisible to mix things up.

So far, from midscreen this is what i use:

D1D4 J2 B23 D2 D2 godsmack 27% (same for starting with 22)

112D4 J2 B23 D2 D2 godsmack 33%

You can end with teleport too instead of gs wich is nice to reverse their wakeup.

Corner: 3D2 F23 F23 D2D4 J2 D2 close gs (for crossup do far gs)
You can also end in invisible to change it up.

Credits InFlames for finding out about quickstand.

Also feel free to add more setups with quickstand!

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
After a Rising Axe you can go for a God Smack as it will quick stand the opponent...but that is a more of a predictable setup. Plus you need the axe to hit at least twice for it to quickstand.

InFlames

dead
Quick stand was known for a while. I've seen people mention d2~godsmack plenty of time but were ignored. I was just the one who wasn't lol.

Here's some midscreen ones I've been using

b23, d2, b23, 1, d2~godsmack
d2, b23, 1, d2~godsmack

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
You can do it off double ground bounce but its really hard. I find if u hold the sec one for a split second, it makes it easier.

I use some with the rising axe such as GS b3 j2 d2 dd4 into GS or 3D2 MB GS b3 j2 d2 dd4 into GS and it works pretty well.

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
Its really nice to mix up with d1 and b2 in the corner after a double d2. I love getting a b2, 3 with corners with a free d2 interactable following, or you can b2,1 for the plus frames or full convert with a 112. 112. d4 combo. His options are really good.

Its really nice to mix up with d1 and b2 in the corner after a double d2. I love getting a b2, 3 with corners with a free d2 interactable following, or you can b2,1 for the plus frames or full convert with a 112. 112. d4 combo. His options are really good.
Do you find people you play a lot still get hit by these set ups? Just wondering, and yeah Ares + quick stand is murder lol

orochiDragon

PSN OROCHI-dragon / Archangel-44
Every top player in this community, even after grinding out the mu, long sessions, etc
That should be what more Ares players do. Run around until you put ur opponent in the corner, cause his corner set ups( and the way his combos have so much corner carry) are monstrous when u master them.