What's new

Tech Ares - Guaranteed Reset (Character Specific) by InFlames

InFlames

dead
Here is an Ares combo reset that is character specific. Demonstrated in the video below, you can see how this works followed by a quick explanation of how to do it.

This only works mid-screen:

When Godsmack hits invulnerable frames it acts as a hit and removes the huge recovery on it allowing for certain invincible moves to be punished on block or whiff.

Using this method allows for an inescapable reset. This works against:
-Cyborg*
-Black Adam
-Deathstroke
-Sinestro*

* - can escape with wake up super

VS SINESTRO difficulty - easy
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS f3, j2, b23, 112 - 34% = 69% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *ARACHNID WHIFFS* J2, 112d4, j2, f23b4 - 40% = 75% damage with 2 bars

VS CYBORG difficulty - easy
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS, ff, b1d4, j1, b13 - 29% = 64% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *POWER FIST WHIFFS* 112d4, j2, f23b4 - 37% = 72% damage with 2 bars

VS BLACK ADAM difficulty - mid
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS, f3, j2, b23, 112 - 34% = 69% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *CAGE/STORM WHIFFS* b1d4, j2, f23b4 - 31% = 66% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3. f3 - 35% + MB GS *SUPER WHIFFS* 112d4, j2, f23b4 - 46% = 81% damage with 2 bars

VS DEATHSTROKE difficulty - mid
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS, f3, ff, 1d4, ff, j3 - 30% = 65% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *SWORD SPIN WHIFFS* b1d4, j2, f23b4 - 31% = 66% damage with 2 bars
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *SWORD FLIP WHIFFS/GETS BLOCKED* 112d4, j2, f23b4
-3d2~MB GS, b3, f3 - 35% + MB GS *SUPER GETS BLOCKED* MB DE - 23% = 58% damage with 3 bars

Each character requires different position, so try can get used to each one.

@Mr Aquaman - here's a birthday present lol
@4x4lo8o
@WaywardStranger
@xInfra Deadx
@DownfouralitY
@RedRaptor10
@WannabePlayer

edited/promoted by STORMS*

Attachments

Last edited:

Vocket

Day 1 Phenomenal Teth-Adam Player
I can confirm that this works against Black Adam's wake-ups. I can also confirm that you can start it from MB~godsmack and not just 32~godsmack. And finally the best option that I find to do after GS is f2, because it covers options on whiff and on hit.

The BA specific part is that his lightning cage recovers quite fast, so you cannot do a j1 into combo. However, it still possible to do f2, b2, and b1 to punish his whiffed lightning cage. For his lightning hands you can do a j1 punish. His super also whiffs, as Ares ducks during the GS animation

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
I can confirm that this works against Black Adam's wake-ups. I can also confirm that you can start it from MB~godsmack and not just 32~godsmack. And finally the best option that I find to do after GS is f2, because it covers options on whiff and on hit.

The BA specific part is that his lightning cage recovers quite fast, so you cannot do a j1 into combo. However, it still possible to do f2, b2, and b1 to punish his whiffed lightning cage. For his lightning hands you can do a j1 punish. His super also whiffs, as Ares ducks during the GS animation
You guys need to seriously go thru each character

List a viability 1-10 rating per character w this new tech w video why

@xInfra Deadx

InFlames

dead

Thanks man. I'm looking forward to seeing who else it works on.

@AK Pig Of The Hut I can try and record a video on all of the ones that work. From what I'm seeing any character without fully invincible wake ups should be confirmed.