What's new

Match Footage Ares gameplay videos

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Sup ares players, just to make the ares forum a little bit more alive, heres some match footage from yesterday against a good bane player.
Black Preon

So after watching i noticed i did too many bad teleports, putting me in the corner and such.
I messed up sometimes with the trait, like axe coming out instead of sword, or messing up my string.
Also i should f3/b23 or b2d4 more when my opponent is crouchblocking and also this match against bane i should try and go for MBGS when his venom is on cooldown.

Anyways lemme know what u think.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Good shit. I've been thinking about the lack of an Ares gameplay thread and meaning to make one, but I keep forgetting to record myself to get some footage to start one.

You definitely teleported to much. I don't usually use that move much, you have to be really careful with it. And you really don't ever want to teleport into the corner, especially against Bane. He also has a bunch of moves with dumb hitboxes that catch you as you appear behind him. The one time you can teleport against Bane is on reaction to his charge.

You were jumping a lot too. Bane as a lot of good anti airs and a really good air to air attack, so jumping really isn't what you want to be doing in that match up.

I wouldn't recommend using b3 outside of combos, use f3 instead. It's got better reach, is faster, and hits overhead. I'd also recommend using it more.

In general I would say try to just stay back and zone more in this match up. Bane literally can't do any to you if you're full screen. Use your projectiles and your trait and just harass him from fullscreen. Even his projectile immunity at level 3 doesn't help him much because your trait doesn't count as a projectile.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Thanks man, i agree with everything. I should deffenatly use f3 alot more in my game. And the jumping thing, man im embarrased watching it in the video afterwards.

Btw start recording man, the ares community needs more video stuff :p

4x4lo8o

Noob
For sure dude, I'll definitely get some footage up soon. I always feel like I gain a lot by watching myself and other people play my characer, so getting a gameplay footage thread rolling is great. I've got a tournament today so hopefully I'll get some match streamed that I can post and I'll see if I can record some casuals this weekend too.

Don't worry too much about how your gameplay looks when you watch it afterwards. I think everyone watches themselves play and feels awful. I know everytime I watch replays of myself and I spend the whole time thinking 'oh god, what was I even thinking?'. Haha, probably half the reason I haven't posted anything of myself yet is because I'm waiting for something I won't be embarrassed to post. I'm definitely gonna take my own advice and get over that and post something.

4x4lo8o

Noob
http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/407817818
I play at 5:11. I knew literally nothing about Flash and sort of just stood there and got bodied. I'm gonna get some better footage of myself tonight hopefully, and I'll post that later.
At 3:42 and 5:20 there's some footage of another Ares player from AZ who's really solid.

And here's a couple of Alucards matches from the weekend. We'll go ahead and make this an Ares gameplay thread
http://www.twitch.tv/leveluplive/b/408543766 - 35 min

The Gabriel

Mean Man
http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/407817818
I play at 5:11. I knew literally nothing about Flash and sort of just stood there and got bodied. I'm gonna get some better footage of myself tonight hopefully, and I'll post that later.
At 3:42 and 5:20 there's some footage of another Ares player from AZ who's really solid.
Ares can basically counter everything flash does...especially block punishes, just spend some time in training mode and see what you b1, 22, or 112

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ares can basically counter everything flash does...especially block punishes, just spend some time in training mode and see what you b1, 22, or 112
haha, thanks. That was the first thing I did after the tournament, but I appreciate the advice. The worst part about that was that we have a local Flash player who I'd been meaning to play a long set with for awhile and was supposed to train with me the night before but it ended up not happening. Oh well, I learned my lesson about getting proper match up knowledge before a tournament. Hopefully if won't happen again.

http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/409694271
I played a bunch on stream last night. First was a really long set against a Catwoman/Grundy player, then at 1:42 Sao87 jumped in and he played quite a few different character, and I got sets in on stream with a few other people through out the night too. So there's probably footage of me playing against about half the cast if anyone is looking for idea on any specific match ups(not that I'm an expert on most of those match ups, I'd love any critique or advice anyone wants to give too).

The Gabriel

Mean Man
http://www.twitch.tv/teamhazmat/b/409694271
I played a bunch on stream last night. First was a really long set against a Catwoman/Grundy player, then at 1:42 Sao87 jumped in and he played quite a few different character, and I got sets in on stream with a few other people through out the night too. So there's probably footage of me playing against about half the cast if anyone is looking for idea on any specific match ups(not that I'm an expert on most of those match ups, I'd love any critique or advice anyone wants to give too).
What do you think of the Catwoman match-up post-patch? I played a lengthy set vs. James Chen the other night which taught me a lot...her range is deceivingly good and she has a lot of options to get around Ares' slow zoning.

4x4lo8o

Noob
What do you think of the Catwoman match-up post-patch? I played a lengthy set vs. James Chen the other night which taught me a lot...her range is deceivingly good and she has a lot of options to get around Ares' slow zoning.
It was a pretty new match up to me, I was learning as I went. It was interesting, definitely not what I expected. I'll respond more in depth in a second in the match up thread just so people looking for match up advice see it.

I think ares is pretty heavily underrated, but that's why he's doing better than he should. Pig let the reset hit him every time alucard went for it. There were a few other things Pig could've done to stop ares or punish him, but i just don't think he knew the matchup that well. Same thing in the doomsday set.

All that said, i do think there's more to find with him/start using in tournaments(meter burn invis mixups), and alucard is beast of a player, who if i recall is used to underrated characters. It's a pleasure to watch him.

InFlames

dead
I think ares is pretty heavily underrated, but that's why he's doing better than he should. Pig let the reset hit him every time alucard went for it. There were a few other things Pig could've done to stop ares or punish him, but i just don't think he knew the matchup that well. Same thing in the doomsday set.

All that said, i do think there's more to find with him/start using in tournaments(meter burn invis mixups), and alucard is beast of a player, who if i recall is used to underrated characters. It's a pleasure to watch him.
Yeah, I noticed they didn't take advantage of the B23 nerf. I also noticed that AlucarD never used Invisibility, which in my opinion is under-used.

EpitomicaL

I play for FUN!
So I had previously made a thread here about match footage because I couldn't find this one lol but nevertheless, below is a video match footage from MILE_HIGH_CLUB himself. I record and edit his videos in HD so he allows me to post them anywhere. Let me know what you guys think and hope you enjoy :)

@MILE_HIGH_CLUB

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Good stuff guys keep em coming. Btw any of you who play on xbl who wanna add me for some ares mirrors? I really suck at them :(

At about 5:50ish, why didn't you transition him? It would have been free unclashable damage and might have even killed him.
No good reason why I just stood there teleported lol.

I played awful for the most part in that video; couldn't explain my mistakes if I tried. I have days when I block everything and always punish good-read days and days when I can't seem to do either no-read days. That vid was captured on a no-read day. Only hung with him on account of big damage combos. My awareness with Ares gets better on the daily though. I'm a much better fighter now. And shoooooooooot, with that d+2 buff...Ares is a fucking steamroller.

Aside from unclashable scenarios, I don't transition after the laser interactable b/c the damage scales so badly and its lame af. I usually do d3 or j3, f12. Definitely should have transitioned him in the situation you're referring to.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Stage transitions are awesome for unclashable damage. For exampe when u can land a mbgs in the corner and do b3 its unclashable and high damage.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Stage transitions are awesome for unclashable damage. For exampe when u can land a mbgs in the corner and do b3 its unclashable and high damage.
You can actually do MB GS, f3, b3 if you're right in the corner. Gets you a few extra percent and is still all unclashable