What's new

Guide Ares combo thread

InFlames

dead
I'm having a lot of trouble landing this combo. Both hitting the f23 after the j3 and with landing the godsmack after the sword. Any tips?
Should I be doing the ji3 as late as possible or do you do it earlier? And if I miss the godsmack is that just because I did it too late or is it dependent on early parts of the combo(i.e. if I timed my f23 slightly wrong or something like that it makes the godsmack impossible to land even if you input it as early as possible)?
Delay the D4 a little so the tip of the Sword hits. This will launch them up high and will make the GS incredibly easy to land.

Try it out and see if it works for you. :)

4x4lo8o

Noob
3,3/Close God Smack connects on hit while 3,D2/Close God Smack doesn't...it's a mixup. I'll have to experiment a bit with this though...

So 33 is good because you don't need to hit confirm?
It just seems like 3d2 is better on block(it's positive, gives a safe phase shift, or jails them into blocking trait and it has the overhead) and leads to better damage.
I know personally I never use 33. I'm not sure combos off of 33 should be listed as BnB's. Nothing wrong with having/coming up with combos off it, but we're probably not helping new comers by telling them 33 is a bnb combo string.

Is there a reason you end all the corner combos with b13? It seems like 112 gives the same damage and is special cancel-able so you can end in invis. Is there something about b13's knockdown?

4x4lo8o

Noob
You can walk forward a step after mis-timed b3 and still end with j3, f23~d4, GS. You must hit the j3 at the lowest possible moment and hit f23 as early as possible after your feet hit the ground.

You can also walk forward a step and end with j3, f12 in this scenario and it is far more reliable.

Delay the D4 a little so the tip of the Sword hits. This will launch them up high and will make the GS incredibly easy to land.

Try it out and see if it works for you. :)
Thanks! Both of these helped a lot, although I still can't land this in a match

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
So 33 is good because you don't need to hit confirm?
It just seems like 3d2 is better on block(it's positive, gives a safe phase shift, or jails them into blocking trait and it has the overhead) and leads to better damage.
I know personally I never use 33. I'm not sure combos off of 33 should be listed as BnB's. Nothing wrong with having/coming up with combos off it, but we're probably not helping new comers by telling them 33 is a bnb combo string.

Is there a reason you end all the corner combos with b13? It seems like 112 gives the same damage and is special cancel-able so you can end in invis. Is there something about b13's knockdown?
To be clear, 3,3 shouldn't be used against low hitbox characters as the last hit could whiff...and then you could get punished. I haven't been able to spend much time in the lab lately, and probably won't get a chance until Monday afternoon...but I don't believe 3,3 to be a useless string IMO.

As far as the corner combos, 1,1,2 does 1% less damage in certain combos but yes 1,1,2 is definately the better combo ender over B1,3.

From trying to execute ji2, 3d2, mb godsmack. My god man, I feel like I'm trying to rub my stomach and tap my head at the same time.

Any execution tips besides practice more?

InFlames

dead
I was watching a BnB combo video and I saw this unique combo that did good damage.

B23-22-112~Dark Energy

I tried it and it's really easy.

I'm sure someone somewhere already found this, but here are some 1 bar combos I just "discovered:"

1 bar traitless 47% (must end in corner): ji2, 3d2~mbGS, b3, ji2, f23, b13

1 bar traitless 45%(?): ji2, 3d2~mbGS, b3, ji2, b23, 112, (ender of choice i.e. WT or PS, GS?)
or
1 bar traitless 45%: ji2,3d2~mbGS, b3, ji1, f23, DE

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Added an anti air section. I might make a Background Bounce section, but right now certain stagers are inconsistent with the combos I have...

Instead of having a 1 bar section, could you just put each combo starter under their own section and specify that the combo requires one bar? Having a 1 bar section is kind of confusing.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Merged a bunch of threads, including the BnB thread into this one.