What's new

Ares buffs that will NEVER HAPPEN.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Let's be serious here, this character is bottom 10. But some of these buffs...

B1: 5% on hit.
B2: 15 frames from 19. Does 9%
F2: 16 frames from 18.
D1: More range on floating characters (WW, Raven)
A top tier D2.
Phase Shifter: Render Ares completely invisible without the use of meter. The MB version keeps him invisible even when blocking or hit and reduces chip and damage taken.
Teleports: The new teleports would have the same recovery as the other two while taking the MB versions out (New teleports).
...or after 10 frames, have invincibility until after the teleport (would be still vulnerable to throws)
MB Dark Energy:
- Cancel out other projectiles
- More chip damage (both versions)
Swords:
Projectile - 8 frame startup to summon. Breaks armor.
Rising - 11% and come out at 17 frames. Pops opponents straight up (I wish :( )
Downward Weapons: Auto tracks the opponent. DF motions for both weapons
DF4 for Sword and DB4 for Axe.
Trait weapons: Less cool down (5/6 seconds)
Better recovery on his backdash

Took out some fantasy buffs...cause those weren't necessary anyway.

Last edited:

4x4lo8o

Noob
Some of these would be fucking broken. I like it.

How did you not mention his general mobility? His walk speed is pretty bad, his back dash barely moves, and his forward dash recovers slower than some characters back dashes. His movement feels like... he's wearing a suit of armor

And could they please just fix all his moves? Everything's broken. d1 whiffs in absurd situations because some characters randomly get to float off the ground, the second hit of 112 has a practically non existent hitbox, the second hit of 22 still doesn't hit mid consistently and sometimes after the first hit of the string hits the second hit whiff leaving you open for a full combo punish, b3 has a terrible terrible hitbox and you can't dash out of it like you're supposed to be able to, b1's hurtbox is nearly identical to it's hitbox making it lose to almost every advancing normal in the game and it's vertical hitbox sucks(because being 15's and not hit confirmable into combo wasn't bad enough), everything about his d2 is lacking(it doesn't lower his hurtbox, the horizontal and vertical hitboxes are both small, it's super punishable on whiff and block, and it's slow. Give it one of the above and I'll be a happy camper), some characters can FORWARD dash right through Axe, his trait launchers don't hit consistently in the corner, the hitbox on MB GS seems to change randomly(sometimes it will launch them while they're outside of f3 range, I've never figured out why), his f3 won't anti air or hit above his head even though the animation looks like it should and other character's have f3s that work that way. Even the hitbox on his super is fucked up.

All I want is to be able actually move and hit people. I mean, I know Injustice doesn't have footsies but it'd be nice if I had the tools to at least pretend

4x4lo8o

Noob
Ares only needs three buffs to be top tier.

- three seconds of cool down on axe and sword
- axe has the same hitbox as Martian Manhunter's MB alien pillar
- axe and sword do not disappear during trades
Every 3 seconds Ares would have an Axe (that on hit does 12% and gives a knockdown, ie wins trades with almost any projectile in the game, and on block does 1.5%-4.5% chip and pushes back) that can't be stuffed or avoided(I presume being unavoidable/must be blocked is what you mean when comparing it to pillar)?

Yeah, those would make him top tier. Probably wouldn't make him a well designed character though

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Every 3 seconds Ares would have an Axe (that on hit does 12% and gives a knockdown, ie wins trades with almost any projectile in the game, and on block does 1.5%-4.5% chip and pushes back) that can't be stuffed or avoided(I presume being unavoidable/must be blocked is what you mean when comparing it to pillar)?

Yeah, those would make him top tier. Probably wouldn't make him a well designed character though
He'd still would be fucked against Martian. Still would give no shits about Ares' projectiles and the corner game is still flawed even with the 3 second cooldown.

Cabronium

Stream monster: Qperg.
I have thought that low sword should be able to launch into a b3/f3
That could be broke but i'm not certain

All I want is to be able actually move and hit people. I mean, I know Injustice doesn't have footsies but it'd be nice if I had the tools to at least pretend
Just wanted to say this, injustice definitely has footsies, all fighting games have footsies, it's just that some characters ignore footsies and others have much worse (or much better) footsies than others which makes footsies a secondary tool that people usually ignore.

The meaning of footsies is vast and the way footsies work in injustice is different than other games, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, ares is one of the weakest footsie characters, but when you play a character like superman, aquaman or green lantern footsies become a primary focus.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
You have, more or less, just described Martian Manhunter's overhead teleport.

In order to be a top tier character, you must have good tools, and Ares does not.

Ares only needs three buffs to be top tier.

- three seconds of cool down on axe and sword
- axe has the same hitbox as Martian Manhunter's MB alien pillar
- axe and sword do not disappear during trades
Solid buffs but not enough to sky rocket Ares up the tier-list. That would require buffs to his mobility.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Solid buffs but not enough to sky rocket Ares up the tier-list. That would require buffs to his mobility.
He would have great zoning. You cannot have both top tier zoning and improved mobility. The teleport already makes for his lack of mobility, but his other tools are terrible, which is the problem. I was told the axe used to be better in the beta anyway.

Are low shots better than all of Ares tools combined?
Pre-patch low gunshots? Absolutely. Current low gunshots? Of course not.

ryublaze

Noob
They should fix his low sword in the corner, on some characters 22 low sword won't combo. Traits shouldn't disappear after he's hit. Buff his backdash. Maybe make his b2 overhead faster.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Just wanted to say this, injustice definitely has footsies, all fighting games have footsies, it's just that some characters ignore footsies and others have much worse (or much better) footsies than others which makes footsies a secondary tool that people usually ignore.

The meaning of footsies is vast and the way footsies work in injustice is different than other games, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist, ares is one of the weakest footsie characters, but when you play a character like superman, aquaman or green lantern footsies become a primary focus.
Yeah, I was making a joke. The main point I was getting at in that post was that Ares doesn't have the tools to play them very well and I wish he did

Last edited:

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
id be over the moon if trait didnt go away on trades.
if they did that with a trait cooldown buff awell, ares be sailing lol

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
i had a dream where i was playing @Mr Aquaman in an ares mirror. the only thing was my ares was flying a dragon. perhaps this should be ares's new trait. he flys on a dragon and teleports with the dragon to do an unbloackable 1000% combo? on a serious note. a great buff would be his dashes. also make his normal tp his mb. and his mb now has armor.

Mr Aquaman

Protector of the Realms
Lead Moderator
i had a dream where i was playing @Mr Aquaman in an ares mirror. the only thing was my ares was flying a dragon. perhaps this should be ares's new trait. he flys on a dragon and teleports with the dragon to do an unbloackable 1000% combo? on a serious note. a great buff would be his dashes. also make his normal tp his mb. and his mb now has armor.
you dream of your revenge?