What's new

Guide Ares BnB Combos

Has anyone experimented using the mb teleport as a loop? Like 112 mb tele, 112 mb tele, ect.? I haven't got to even look at ares since the patch today but if you can hit confirm a string into a mb tele and repeat I can see some serious total damage given your meter is stacked

4x4lo8o

Noob
Has anyone experimented using the mb teleport as a loop? Like 112 mb tele, 112 mb tele, ect.? I haven't got to even look at ares since the patch today but if you can hit confirm a string into a mb tele and repeat I can see some serious total damage given your meter is stacked
He gets up to about 60% just doing 112~mb tele, 112 until you run out of meter then going into the normal 112 combo.

It just doesn't seem very practical. Ares relies on meter a lot and the damage scaling beyond the first bar probably just isn't worth. Although I guess it's not completely unfeasible that there's a scenario where your opponent has already clashed and spending all your meter like that will kill them.

112, b1, and 22 can all be mb tele'd into a 112 loop like that

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Maybe I'm dumb, but i cant get the 112 mb teleport 112 link to work, every time i do the 112 mb teleport 112 it starts a new chain, not doing it fast enough? im trying.

Which teleport? I do the one "Warp Transmission (Behind)" right?

edit: just gotta do it faster, im getting it now.... but its still prettttty hard, still not sure im doing it right.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yes, the timing is kind of strict but you have to make sure to do it in like one motion
You're right, that helps a lot. Im basically already attacking as I appear and i can do it. thanks :D

Im not thinking of it as a break but just like another hit almost andi just keeping inputting and it works :D

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Do you guys think the +7% damage from adding the 112mbtele at the beginning to the 112d4 j2 b23 3d2 combo is worth it?

Or do you Ares players thing its probably best to save that bar to GET IN to start your combos? its early, but what do you guys think?

edit: I should mention that im getting that 112mbte112d4 j2 b23 3d2 = 42% combo almost every time now. What made it even easier was to stop mashing the meterburn button on my teleport like im used to [from Aquaman] and just hit it once then into the 112.

Im loving the mb teleport as a continuation aftet a corner cross up.... opponents in the corner and you land the 3d2,f23,f23,112 invisible to crossing them up and 112mb tele 3d2,f23,f23 continued. ... still trying to figure out ways to optimize the new standard teteports. All and all you gotta love this character.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I imagine the 112,mbteleport, 112,d4, j2,b23, 3d2 to be a good mindgame thing. specifically the teleport part.

if they are blocking you you can decide to teleport either behind them or in front of them and continue with the 112. Its so fast they will have to guess which side to block on, nay?

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Only got to mess with Ares a bit last night, but this MB teleport loop to continue his strings is sexy as fuck. I'm just hoping the Ares bandwagon doesn't begin now. I liked playing an underused character.

Mr Aquaman

Armored Launcher
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Personally probably not going to use MB tele in combos, 3,d2 is the safer started just being a mid and leads to more damage off the same bar of meter. Still experimenting though, found some nice stuff but other combos are just more optimal. I don't really share my explorations anymore but I'll start trying to post up more.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
He gets up to about 60% just doing 112~mb tele, 112 until you run out of meter then going into the normal 112 combo.

It just doesn't seem very practical. Ares relies on meter a lot and the damage scaling beyond the first bar probably just isn't worth. Although I guess it's not completely unfeasible that there's a scenario where your opponent has already clashed and spending all your meter like that will kill them.

112, b1, and 22 can all be mb tele'd into a 112 loop like that

main use i could think of were it would be a good idea was if you landed a 112 while your sword was near done recharging to try buy yourself some time to get it to come back to use in the combo

I imagine the 112,mbteleport, 112,d4, j2,b23, 3d2 to be a good mindgame thing. specifically the teleport part.

if they are blocking you you can decide to teleport either behind them or in front of them and continue with the 112. Its so fast they will have to guess which side to block on, nay?
Can't remember if 112 is an overhead or not. If not then holding down would get rid of the effectiveness of the move if yea then that could be very useful lol. Still might lead to a decent guess

Grave__Intent

Death's Trusty Side-Kick!
Anyone elese find the new Teleports kind of unreliable? It seems an odd motion to have to do so fast to get away.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Can't remember if 112 is an overhead or not. If not then holding down would get rid of the effectiveness of the move if yea then that could be very useful lol. Still might lead to a decent guess
i guess after the mbtele after a blocked 112 you can do the f23 or b23 [cant remember which one] the one thats an overhead, or just throw.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
B2 is the overhead
i imagine the guessing game against Ares to be very annoying for most characters once they are blocking some hits. coming out of a mbtele you can do a d1,d4 attack and the d1 almost comes out before you've even fully appeared. Theyre going to have to block low and have some good reflexes and then block high on read. Playing against the CPU on very hard [which cheats and has superhuman reflexes] you can never get hit out of anything from a MB teleport, after hitting them especially.

4x4lo8o

Noob
Do you guys think the +7% damage from adding the 112mbtele at the beginning to the 112d4 j2 b23 3d2 combo is worth it?

Or do you Ares players thing its probably best to save that bar to GET IN to start your combos? its early, but what do you guys think?

edit: I should mention that im getting that 112mbte112d4 j2 b23 3d2 = 42% combo almost every time now. What made it even easier was to stop mashing the meterburn button on my teleport like im used to [from Aquaman] and just hit it once then into the 112.
I think at times it's useful. It's at least a good option to have that you can use situationally depending on the match up and where you're at in the game. 7% midscreen isn't an insignificant amount of damage, there are definitely time when it's worth using. I'd agree that it's probably not worth spending the bar every single time you land a 112 though.

Thats pretty tricky, but I don't think you can really pull it off in a match. Good stuff...took me a while to get it :)
I don't think it's that bad. I don't know if it's a lot worse online, but I did it a couple times in match last night during offline casuals and it's still day 1 and I'm not execution master. It think it'll be pretty reasonable after some practice.

Anyone elese find the new Teleports kind of unreliable? It seems an odd motion to have to do so fast to get away.
I don't think it's unreliable, I think it's just a matter of getting used to the new inputs. I've been having some problems, especially on wake up, but I feel like it's mostly a matter of me not inputting it right and it'll get better as I develop the muscle memory.

Personally probably not going to use MB tele in combos, 3,d2 is the safer started just being a mid and leads to more damage off the same bar of meter. Still experimenting though, found some nice stuff but other combos are just more optimal. I don't really share my explorations anymore but I'll start trying to post up more.
Thing is, you don't get to chose what starter most of your damage comes from. If I could land 3d2 whenever I wanted I'd agree that mb teleport shouldn't be used in combos, but there's a lot of different starters and punishes and various places where Ares doesn't have particularly great ways to convert and this opens that up a bit.

main use i could think of were it would be a good idea was if you landed a 112 while your sword was near done recharging to try buy yourself some time to get it to come back to use in the combo
This is the main time I was using it last night. I'd land a 22 or 112 while I didn't have trait back but still wanted to convert. It's a really nice option to have. You don't even have to loop it a ton of times. Just one bar can buy you the time for trait or at least get you a bit of damage you wouldn't have otherwise gotten