What's new

Question Are Zod Players Execution Masters?

Are Zod Players Execution Masters?

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I thought I would create a thread in order to start an interesting and stimulating discussion. I thought I would create a thread that is related to Injustice and ask a question that is dear to my heart. Are Zod players execution masters? Here are my two major arguments.

Instant Aerial Zod Balls - or, as I call them, "just frame" fireballs. iaZBs are the most difficult move to execute in the game consistently, and unlike Kabal players who received incessant credit for spamming instant aerial gas blasts for whatever reason, there are no shortcuts to executing iaZBs. Very few players, if any, can execute them consistently, particularly on a pad. @WoundCowboy was bragging about having an "8/10" execution in Las Vegas. @Pig Of The Hut offered the following challenge - perform consistent iaZBs very low the ground. Cowboy's iaZBs were so high that Pig asked me to adjust the screen up on the TV so that they can seen.

Low Laser - the low laser does not necessary require high execution as the instant aerial Zod balls do, but it does require high level usage. Unlike an Aquaman player like @EMPEROR_THEO who is able to spam From The Deep without having to know the opponent's exact position on the screen, Zod's low laser requires the player to know the opponent's precise location on the screen. The low laser also does not have a full screen version like Martian Manhunter's alien pillar. In addition, the frame data on the regular low laser is anything but impressive. 26 frames of start up. About -15 on block. Negative on hit.

bdizzle2700

gotta stay sharp!
I say yes, I tried to do couple standard bnbs with low laser in it, 2 hours later I said f*** this and went back to DD and my day got better. Zod is def an execution heavy monster.

16 Bit

Mash d+1~Cat Claws
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
The real skill of this game is in the rush down characters. They have the most combos, need creativity to learn new setups, and require just frame timing to stuff wakeups. They can't compete without those critical skills. This thread is ridiculous. Stop fishing for props and buy a Hitbox.

RM Jonnitti

Hot Dog
injustice overall isn't a very execution heavy game. most of the harder inputs of this game can be easily done on a hitbox, so if you aren't using one of those and are complaining that those inputs are too hard for you, you're fucking up. the skill of injustice more so people's overall neutral. i agree with 16 bit that learning new setups and learning character specific timing for meatying wakeups is a lot more impressive, especially when you consider how much invincibility your average wakeup has in injustice, that even the easier wakeups to meaty are kinda tricky and require a pretty small window. i also gotta give a nod to those who can block all sorts of nonsense that rushdown characters throw at them, having really good defense in injustice is really hard seeing that most setups in this game are ambiguous af.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Yes.
Pissing with my hands behind my back without spilling a drop on the floor or seat takes serious practice and precision.
Zod players are magnificent.

trustinme

xbl-OBS trustinme
Yes.
Pissing with my hands behind my back without spilling a drop on the floor or seat takes serious practice and precision.
Zod players are magnificent.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I don't get the issue with laser not being full screen. There are 2 reasons that it doesn't matter:

1. If it was, then mb laser wouldn't combo into itself fullscreen.
2. Fully charged laser reaches fullscreen anyway, and you don't need the mb version to hit instantly because they're already fullscreen anyway, that's where you want them if you don't have trait.

Also, regular laser having bad frame data doesn't really matter because why would you bother doing it regular and not just mb it?

Last edited:

SneakyTortoise

Official Master of Salt
No, major top 8 placing Zod's are execution masters. The rest can continue to attempt to ride off the success of others

DreadKnight1

Beaten, by this mere man
I can IAZB on a regular dualshock 3, my execution is above average if I were to rate it myself but I don't consider Zod to be the highest execution requiring character. If I had to pick a top 5 (in no order) it'd be ZOD, joker, flash ,MMH and...doomsday...:DOGE

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The real skill of this game is in the rush down characters. They have the most combos, need creativity to learn new setups, and require just frame timing to stuff wakeups. They can't compete without those critical skills. This thread is ridiculous. Stop fishing for props and buy a Hitbox.
Rush down characters and creativity? Those monotonous 50/50 mix ups are definitely creative!

What a fool.

I don't get the issue with laser not being full screen. There are 2 reasons that it doesn't matter:

1. If it was, then mb laser wouldn't combo in itself fullscreen.
2. Fully charged laser reaches fullscreen anyway, and you don't need the mb version to hit instantly because they're already fullscreen anyway, that's where you want them if you don't have trait.

Also, regular laser having bad frame data doesn't really matter because why would you bother doing it regular and not just mb it?
MB low laser can never combo into itself anyway, so I am not sure what you mean.

Fully charged low laser still whiffs on some full screen neutral "floaty" characters like Superman and Wonder Woman. This hitbox issue was also present with Freddy and the full screen spike but to a less extent.

A full screen low laser would help a little versus Aquaman and Sinestro.