What's new

Are you happy with how NRS patched the game?

Are you happy with how NRS decided to patch the game?

• Yes, I'm happy with how NRS patched the game.

Votes: 119 50.0%
  • No, they could've done better.

Votes: 75 31.5%
  • What were they thinking?! They ignored many problems with the game.

Votes: 44 18.5%

• Total voters

Inzzane_79

Every time someone farts, a demon gets his wings
Happy with the Kollector buffs, wanted to pick him up for a long time. I love his second Variation, now he just needs some good looking skins

I think the patch was good but still inconsistent. Johnny had his issues fixed...
Definitely not got his issues fixed, only two things have changed for him to his 2nd variation to make it somewhat usable from 100% trash. Overall, this patch sent Johnny lower in tier list and did not fix his issues - this player has practically 0 kb and one of his main tools whiffs on most of the cast.

M.D.

Spammer. Crouch walk hater.
Definitely not got his issues fixed, only two things have changed for him to his 2nd variation to make it somewhat usable from 100% trash. Overall, this patch sent Johnny lower in tier list and did not fix his issues - this player has practically 0 kb and one of his main tools whiffs on most of the cast.
Also forceballs whiff midscreen just the same on crouch block on a shitload of characters, which is A BUG AND MUST BE FIXED.

Matix218

Get over here!
Because a bunch of people asked for it.
People asked for characters that feel more "complete" rather than useless variations. In my opinion what we got is not that, if anything the characters feel less complete in mk11. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way...

Sanjo

Noob
Also forceballs whiff midscreen just the same on crouch block on a shitload of characters, which is A BUG AND MUST BE FIXED.
I don't think it's a bug. If it was, it would most likely have been fixed. It whiffs against small hurtbox characters but on the other hand it's hard to jump over it.

I don't think it's a bug. If it was, it would most likely have been fixed. It whiffs against small hurtbox characters but on the other hand it's hard to jump over it.
Giving a character a tool that will only work against 30% of the roster is plain stupid. On the other hand, balancing characters by changing their hp is lazy and stupid as well so maybe it is intended. But also, this tool is in the heart of his gameplay, not having it leaves him with a move that has gap in it and can be ducked and this tool comes to replace his non existent mids from the first place. He's maybe mid tier even with them fixed. Still no crushing blows when other char can kill him with few touches even if he dominated the round.
And BTW, no need to jump the fb, if I accidentally use them and they whiff it's easy punish and from full screen just duck...

Sanjo

Noob
People asked for characters that feel more "complete" rather than useless variations. In my opinion what we got is not that, if anything the characters feel less complete in mk11. I am sure I am not the only one who feels this way...
IMO, "complete" is bad design. I like it when characters have have clear strengths and weaknesses ; and if a character is a jack-of-all-trade (in other words complete), he is average in every department of the game. I think NRS is doing a GREAT JOB with MK11. I hope they continue like that. This game is not MKX. People need to stop asking for MK11 to be like its predecessor (thank god it's not because MKX was not a very good/interesting fighting game).

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Samurai Shodown game director believes that ''perfect character balance'' is boring

Kuroki admitted he’s not a fan of making the power diversity in the game’s cast “too flat.”

When asked about this discrepancy, Kuroki told me that while the team is likely to release a balance patch sometime in the near future, it might not make things as balanced as some players may hope.

“I feel that if you make everything too flat in a game like Samurai Shodown, it’s going to be boring,” Kuroki explained via interpreter. “There is a lot of character personality, even among how weak or strong they are. There’s going to be some balancing, but we’re never going to make it completely flat.”

Imagine if NRS devs had the same mindset
Your complaint is seemingly the opposite of many in here

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
As much as I despite the lack of changes I wanted, I do prefer a more laid back approach that they’re doing I just want them to communicate it more. Telling us about the DLC trailer AT LEAST was a good indicator that they’re trying to step it up a degree.

Does anyone know when the “season” for a fighting game is over? Is it EVO?

trufenix

bye felicia
"Complete" is arbitrary. The characters already have useless and redundant moves. Does Johnny need 4 projectiles two anti airs and three stuns to be complete? No. There would still be moves on the bench, never used except in combo videos. Or are you literally advocating NRS put less in this more "complete" game?

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
I’m more confused than anything. A lot of those buffs and nerfs didn’t address some
of the fundamental flaws of the characters or overall game. It was a step in the right direction, I suppose.

Sanjo

Noob
I’m more confused than anything. A lot of those buffs and nerfs didn’t address some
of the fundamental flaws of the characters or overall game. It was a step in the right direction, I suppose.
I think that NRS adressed the most frequent and justified complaint which was "most of the characters only have one viable variation, the other one is trash!" . Now it's " scorpion is dead now !", "Johnny is not strong enough!", "They buffed Kano's useless variation but it's still trash!" ....again and again. I found it hilarious at first. But now, it's pathetic.
Now, and I'm not talking to you karaokelove but to people in general, If you really like a character's design, play him no matter what. Whine less, train more, make it work. Or pick a top tier (and cry about how broken are the other top tiers while saying that your character is not that strong blablabla).

Matix218

Get over here!
"Complete" is arbitrary. The characters already have useless and redundant moves. Does Johnny need 4 projectiles two anti airs and three stuns to be complete? No. There would still be moves on the bench, never used except in combo videos. Or are you literally advocating NRS put less in this more "complete" game?
Bad design by having useless or redundant moves is not want anyone wants. Better character design so each move has a purpose is what we want. There is no reason this cannot be done with the variation system if it is done correctly.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
More on topic, outside of MKX Netcode patch, think this is the best patch NRS has done.

Polished up the poke meta and hitstun/whiffing issues that were an issue in past game, big buffs to low tiers, adjustments to lesser used variations and fair nerfs to high tiers. They didn't have to gut anyone like they did Aquaman(not to say he wasn't still good) and they did buffs that kept characters playstyles the same but better.

It feels like they made the game more balanced, more polished and just more interesting.

Sanjo

Noob
This !
More on topic, outside of MKX Netcode patch, think this is the best patch NRS has done.

Polished up the poke meta and hitstun/whiffing issues that were an issue in past game, big buffs to low tiers, adjustments to lesser used variations and fair nerfs to high tiers. They didn't have to gut anyone like they did Aquaman(not to say he wasn't still good) and they did buffs that kept characters playstyles the same but better.

It feels like they made the game more balanced, more polished and just more interesting.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
I think that NRS adressed the most frequent and justified complaint which was "most of the characters only have one viable variation, the other one is trash!" . Now it's " scorpion is dead now !", "Johnny is not strong enough!", "They buffed Kano's useless variation but it's still trash!" ....again and again. I found it hilarious at first. But now, it's pathetic.
Now, and I'm not talking to you karaokelove but to people in general, If you really like a character's design, play him no matter what. Whine less, train more, make it work. Or pick a top tier (and cry about how broken are the other top tiers while saying that your character is not that strong blablabla).
Welcome to tym ;)

They didn't cover everything I had hoped they would, but I prefer more reserved changes rather than massive ones. Nothing is really more broken then before and a lot of those changes helped bring everyone closer to the middle imo