What's new

Are you disappointed?

Hi all,
Long time i follow TYM but never registered nor posted anything (lazy af)... But now with shang out i had to do this thread.
He' beautiful, almost perfect, but i am kinda disappointed since they made a LOT of matketing about the ninja shapeshifting and such (rain tweet, ninja gif, the trailer...) and now no one of his tournament mode has any of them... i feel like i've been trolled, and really disappointed. What's your thought about it?

KingKhrystopher

Official Merlin of TYM
It is pretty disappointing, ngl. Because even if he did have them in a tourney variation, he'd only have 3 of them as they all separately require a slot, so unlike the trailer which showed us Shang using all 4 in one single loadout, that's not the case. Very disappointed.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
My thoughts are I don’t care about tournament variations. I am strictly customs, the way the game was meant to be played!

Ermac, Reptile, and Smoke ftw. Rain’s move doesn’t seem as useful (though I only tried him out for like 20 mins so far). Also love that you don’t lose soul steal when equipping the ninja moves! That’s amazing.

I’m only disappointed in his strings. They don’t feel good yet. But I just need to actually learn them and get used to them.

It is pretty disappointing, ngl. Because even if he did have them in a tourney variation, he'd only have 3 of them as they all separately require a slot, so unlike the trailer which showed us Shang using all 4 in one single loadout, that's not the case. Very disappointed.
I would even be ok and honestly i thought we couldn't have them all in one variation (would be rly op) but from that to fully exclude them.. i was like "wtf are you serious?"

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
They didn’t actually show all 4 together. It was clever editing to show off all the moves. They always do that.

The one combo you’re thinking was just Ermac, Reptile, and Rain.

EDIT: My memory failed me. I was wrong.

Last edited:
My thoughts are I don’t care about tournament variations. I am strictly customs, the way the game was meant to be played!

Ermac, Reptile, and Smoke ftw. Rain’s move doesn’t seem as useful (though I only tried him out for like 20 mins so far). Also love that you don’t lose soul steal when equipping the ninja moves! That’s amazing.

I’m only disappointed in his strings. They don’t feel good yet. But I just need to actually learn them and get used to them.
Yeah, but for all the ppl like me who plays kasual just to lab, is rly frustrating..

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
At first I was kind of like, "for real, NRS?", but now that I see the moves in practice I'm actually glad the two tournament variations don't have them. You can't get all 4 ninjas at once and they all serve a simple purpose, with Rain's being the most interesting gameplay wise. Like I'd rather have some classic Shang fire ball stuff or the wacky soul moves then a slide, parry + Ermac lift combo starter. Kustom moves being kustom only has been major buzzkill in the past but I'm actually cool with it here, but obviously people were excited to use those moves.

I've also been a big advocate for kustom variations in the past but they make it hard to want that too badly when they are putting moves in there like an unblockable teleport that switches places with the opponent.(Eat your heart out Dairou!)

Shang Tsung is a disappointement as a whole. The only thing that I like are the movie references and Cary Tagawa portraying the character. From a gameplay point of view, he's disappointing and I will just lab him as an opponent to learn him, that's it

I hope Nightwolf and Ash fucking Williams will make the Kombat Pack worth buying (and maybe Terminator but I won't touch him if it's not Arnie's Terminator)

we can't even trust the trailers lmao.
It's not new tho. I remember in MKX, Johnny did impossible combos with an Ex Nutpunch followed by an X-Ray :D

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'm a little disappointed with mk11 as a whole. it is a fun game. got a rushed game and trapped into the scheme that is unusable abilities. honestly this game was worth $50 maybe $40 on launch
It’s only more fully-featured at launch than every other fighting game on the market...

The Krypt alone has more love in it than some FG’s entire singleplayer. The tutorials.. Yeah this is a chin-scratcher.

It’s only more fully-featured at launch than every other fighting game on the market...

The Krypt alone has more love in it than some FG’s entire singleplayer. The tutorials.. Yeah this is a chin-scratcher.
that's absolutely not true. i believe that goes to either unist or GG. the tutorials are bare minimum at best and there's even wrong information in it. the krypt is literally rng bloated nostalgia and I like the krypt.