What's new

Are you disappointed?

TrashMKX

Noob
Don't care. The "tournament scene" is such a small percentage of ppl, so who cares. Yet for tons of ppl who only watch tournaments cry about tournament stuff!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JDM

Noob
1:19

Here you can see him use Smoke's shake, then go into the combo with the other 3 Ninjas, with no cuts or anything between. Hence why I feel misled.
ya this is annoying as fuck., this led me to believe his ninja moves were under 1 custom move and would just count as a whole variation itself. Kinda annoyed but he's cool either way.

I am, but not for the reasons most are.

I feel like MK 11 has a lot of neat ideas, but the tournament variations feel SO vanilla. A few have some interesting stuff, but every unique or interesting looking move across the cast is mostly found in the casual only movelist

I really hope this game gets some variation overhauls (i'm not a fan of customs but that's a separate thing) because that feels like all it's missing. The fact that some KB's are still awful feels fucking werid as well.

But yeah..in the end I want to play shang because he's what i've been waiting for, but also was looking forward to fire tornado...and yet...

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Not really. I think the ninja moves are cool but I like that his tourney variations are mainly his fire and soul stuff instead.

Samsara

Resident Cynic
NRS' problem is that too many game features exist for the sake of marketing (10s long overblown Xrays). The variation system was and always will be a marketing gimmick. They've never implemented it in a balanced fashion and have practically abandoned it in favor of watered down, directionless "make your own variation bro -- but not in tournament lmao."

Then when ppl wanna make their own variation they realize that theres too many caviats or that their favorite way to play the character is banned from ranked. Thanks, NRS. Very cool.

I am curious you guys put so much stock in the gameplay trailer, I always assume there's some trailer magic somewhere. I feel sorry for Shang fans though.

I wanted to like this game way more than I do. Characters dont seem to have as much depth as they did in X. It took me literally a full week of grinding to actually figure out a character. In 11, pretty much what you see on the tin is what you get.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Uncle JBeezY is gonna keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE with y'all. I'm disappointing by this game as a whole! From the messy marketing, to the misleading marketing, to every bad decision NRS has made with this game that has override the good things.

We have a RIGHTEOUS story mode and even Rhonda did a good job in it. Yeah...I know....everything else about her performance sucks, but shes good in the story. The tutorial is pretty fucking stellar compared to all FGs and I appreciate NRS teaching us the concept of frame data.

But everything else....

From the VERY rocky start of ToT, to their Kombat League being postponed 3 times, to finding out Custom Variations arent Tournament/Ranked legal which is why MOST CHARACTERS OF THE CAST SUCK because they can't fully shine with these lame, thrown together tournament variations with clearly no thought put into it.

Shang looks good, but accepting the fact that having his coolest looking moves that NRS sold us on in the trailer is not even legal is asinine! This was one of the things they did in Ij2 and we all HATED IT so why are we giving them a pass? Fuck that! I will NOT accept bullshit from any company, especially when I've paid $100 too in and others as well. We have the right to be disappointed and call the bs like we see it.

Will NRS make better decisions down the line? Man, I dont even know anymore. It might be little to too late for people to wanting to deal with this current state because its already stale. The game is not even 3 months old! We NEED a change! NRS needs to make better decisions because this rollout of this game thus far has been piss fucking poor of a franchise thats LEGENDARY, this effort is mediocre at best. Just saying.
Sounds like you’re mostly disappointed with the marketing and not the game.

Because the game itself is pretty good.

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
This entire game is a disappointment. If it aint broke dont fix it. MKX variation system was fine and INJ2 gear system was universally accepted as whack. Why the actual FUCK would they even attempt the custom variation theme when they are not gonna include all the moves? Game play wise it feels really meh. I think this is more of me playing BBTag for a while and loving how it feels. I cant stand MvCI or DBFZ but BBTag is so fun and has layers to it's offense and defense which welcome all skill levels. MK11 isnt noob friendly sadly which turns off majority of the people that bought the game. For me personally the gameplay isnt fun in general with it being a very slow patient game which is something I woulda loved if I hadnt played anime fighters but after getting the hang of the speed, I dont really want to go back.

Edmund

Kitana & Skarlet
I hope that MK11 is a really good learning experience for NRS and WB.

What I will say, is that they have made this game the most honest in the series that I can recall. There is no game breaking character, or glitches that are so hard to patch. So, from a competitive stand point, they did a pretty decent job.

The flaws come in their business and marketing practices. Marketing the game as make your variation was simply a terrible idea. Likewise, leaving out pieces of information or a lack of formal reveals and dry spells of information (namely DLC) with false marketing attempts is disrespectful. But the thing is, it only hurts the REAL fans and not so much the casuals who just pick up the game to do a couple of fatalities with their friends while they drink beer before playing another round of an FPS.

For me, it’s been somewhat of a let down, but where it shines, it blinds. Where it’s murky it’s opaque.