What's new

Are you being counter poked after you hit d1? You're doing it wrong (Jailing system explained)

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
So the counter to people blindly mashing d1 pokes is to blindly mash out your 1f link jailing high string on hit or block after you d1 poke? Sounds totally in favor of the person trying to play with some modicum of skill.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
So the counter to people blindly mashing d1 pokes is to blindly mash out your 1f link jailing high string on hit or block after you d1 poke? Sounds totally in favor of the person trying to play with some modicum of skill.
You can also walkback and punish with F2~db4 which sends them back to fullscreen while you're plus
You can also walk back and punish with f43 which its +15 on hit and they have to take a 50-50 with throw, low or a jailing high
You can also short hop and punish
You can also B3 after d1 hits
You can also slightly step back and B1, 2 for a KB activation on whiff punish
You can also throw
You can also cancel your d1 into db1 so when they mash you gain 95 health back
You can also do D1~db4 and hit them because they are mashing
You can also Double d1 to force them to respect your D1
You can also walkback and hit them with the longest reaching low in the game as you walk back
You can also, ask nicely and stop being on the side of the modicum skill for once.

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
You can also walkback and punish with F2~db4 which sends them back to fullscreen while you're plus
You can also walk back and punish with f43 which its +15 on hit and they have to take a 50-50 with throw, low or a jailing high
You can also short hop and punish
You can also B3 after d1 hits
You can also slightly step back and B1, 2 for a KB activation on whiff punish
You can also throw
You can also cancel your d1 into db1 so when they mash you gain 95 health back
You can also do D1~db4 and hit them because they are mashing
You can also Double d1 to force them to respect your D1
You can also walkback and hit them with the longest reaching low in the game as you walk back
You can also, ask nicely and stop being on the side of the modicum skill for once.
I was clearly referring to the “jailing system explained” specifically since that’s the name of the thread, so you might want to start being on the side of staying on topic, bud.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I was clearly referring to the “jailing system explained” specifically since that’s the name of the thread, so you might want to start being on the side of staying on topic, bud.
Its possible, and its doable even if its a 1f link, if you can't do it don't blame the game for it besides Skarlet can jail a bunch of highs from even better moves, in this case in particular its a case of choice, its not the only route you can take but its one of them.

And yes i will stay on topic when your question stays on topic, the way you "assumed" and asked its like if Skarlet gets a d1 her only answer is to jail a hit string which i responded accordingly and now you are demanding to stay on topic, how is this?

Johnny Based Cage

The Shangest of Tsungs
Its possible, and its doable even if its a 1f link, if you can't do it don't blame the game for it besides Skarlet can jail a bunch of highs from even better moves, in this case in particular its a case of choice, its not the only route you can take but its one of them.

And yes i will stay on topic when your question stays on topic, the way you "assumed" and asked its like if Skarlet gets a d1 her only answer is to jail a hit string which i responded accordingly and now you are demanding to stay on topic, how is this?
Who said anything about not being able to do it? Can you read? All I did was imply that the mechanics are heavily skewed in the favor of the masher in terms of this one concept (or free for them, if we’re talking about online) and you went apeshit for no reason. Calm tf down.

Last edited: