What's new

Are we ready?!

STORMS

Owner / Director
Administrator
So, we are essentially ONE WEEK away from the official release of MK11... ARE WE READY???

IMO, TYM is the most complete it has ever been. We've started filling out our rankings (UMK3 event by @tehdrewsus so far) and MK11 will be tracked every step of the way. Not to mention the mobile experience...

I want to Thank EVERYONE for their patience, feedback and loyalty to us as we've made changes to improve TYM for the time to come... without you, we'd be nothing.

TYM staff, @Eldriken @CrimsonShadow @HellblazerHawkman @Juggs @scarsunseen and many more... THANK YOU.

Also, we may have an official announcement regarding @Unity and @Jolt assisting @HellblazerHawkman with News coverage as well!

@Circus I not dare forget about you... Thank You for raising your hand to assist with submitting Rankings.

A HUGE thank you to @Jaxel for all of his assistance! Not only did he write most of our features, he's be crazy supportive through the rollout.

And from me personally... Thank you all very much... this November will be 10 YEARS that TestYourMight.com was born!

Last edited:

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
This will be such an amazing year for TYM.

My hopes is that TYM will blow up bigger than ever because of the popularity of MK11 and the incentive to submit rankings into the ranking system to see how you rank compared to everyone else in your region.

And with NRS saying they'll support MK11 longer than they've supported any other game, I'm just super hype tbh.

Could it be Apr 23rd already?

LawAbidingCitizen

MD| Soberless (Cyrax Loyalist)
This will be such an amazing year for TYM.

My hopes is that TYM will blow up bigger than ever because of the popularity of MK11 and the incentive to submit rankings into the ranking system to see how you rank compared to everyone else in your region.

And with NRS saying they'll support MK11 longer than they've supported any other game, I'm just super hype tbh.

Could it be Apr 23rd already?
Sup circus what is this TYM ranking you speak of? Is this linked to just TYM or also in the game?

Circus

Part-Time Kano Hostage
Sup circus what is this TYM ranking you speak of? Is this linked to just TYM or also in the game?
It's that Rankings tab that was added in the top taskbar from the last big TYM update.

Basically, every single time there is a tournament (local, major, w/e), if you submit the rankings to TYM, we will place it in the Ranking System. You accumulate points based on how good you did in the tournament. It's also a good way of seeing who's being the most successful with a specific character in tournaments and it's a good tool to use to find the best players with a specific character.

If you want an example on how it works, 8wayrun has a similar system on their site so I encourage people to check it out if they want to see how it'll play out for us.

https://8wayrun.com/rankings/soulcalibur-vi.3/

Pic Examples:

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I think the site is immeasurably better now than it was before. Both the desktop and mobile experience is really nice now. So thanks for all the hard work behind the scenes.

I'm particularly keen to see how the online event goes. It would be so awesome to move a show like "War of the Gods" to this site. We could have a gofundme before each event for some cash from users of TYM, maybe make it paid entry (like every major on the planet) and actually cultivate a competitive scene around TYM itself.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
I hope to stick around this time and do not disappear until the next Mortal Kombat/Injustice game lol

Good job with the website! Now is looking really well and it's easy to navigate. Thanks

LawAbidingCitizen

MD| Soberless (Cyrax Loyalist)
It's that Rankings tab that was added in the top taskbar from the last big TYM update.

Basically, every single time there is a tournament (local, major, w/e), if you submit the rankings to TYM, we will place it in the Ranking System. You accumulate points based on how good you did in the tournament. It's also a good way of seeing who's being the most successful with a specific character in tournaments and it's a good tool to use to find the best players with a specific character.

If you want an example on how it works, 8wayrun has a similar system on their site so I encourage people to check it out if they want to see how it'll play out for us.

https://8wayrun.com/rankings/soulcalibur-vi.3/

Pic Examples:

That is awesome.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
wiki's are only good if there are dedicated moderators. It is super easy for them to fall into a derelict mess!! Just look at some of those FanDom sites lol.... Or they end up a chaos gate with a zillion people putting up all sorta of crap....

I think wikis only work if you have moderators who check daily or more ... or even better have special wiki team doing it instead of having it open house... and they convert content threads on the fourm that anyone can make into nice neat wikis entries.

98Greener

Greenlord Memelord
The last week always seems to be the longest, and the day before is even absolutely longer. Mildly hoping that time will speed up somehow.

Agilaz

#ShangLivesMatter
Premium Supporter
Ready as ever, but im still gonna go dark starting Wednesday. Im hoping spoilers wont be all over the internet by then.

_CHINOCUDEIRO_

Machakabotones
Estoy preparado :cool:

P.D: Just one thing to moderators.... I LOVE in the old TYM when we saw a picture of the chars in order to have a quick link to his/her forum. Please make more accesible the char forms for MK11 ;)