What's new

Are we getting a free MK11 Upgrade for Next-Gen consoles?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
That will depend on which console is primarily used in tourneys, it's been Playstations for a while now though.
yep, for tourneys, major ones, I really doubt Xbox series X to be the dominating platform ..... people that organize these events seems to have a explicit preference for Playstation, so, there is no real reason for them to just change now, in the next console generation ......

despite Microsoft building a really good console, the FGC fanbase is normally more active and bigger on the Sony product, so, this maybe could pass the impression that , in major tornaments, if they stickin up with PS, they guarantee a bigger crowd to watch the event, so ....

Last edited:

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
I just hope the PS5 controller will be as good as PS4, cause I really cannot play on an Xbox controller.

yep, for tourneys, major ones, I really doubt Xbox series X to be the dominating platform ..... people that organize these events seems to have a explicit preference for Playstation, so, there is no real reason for them to just change now, in the next console generation ......
True, but keep in mind, cost plays a factor as well. Most tournaments I've seen it's the base model that's used. I never saw PlayStation 4 Pros being used, for example. Xbox Series S is the big cost winner, and if people do shift over to that ecosystem, tournament organizers may follow.

I say may, not will, we'll need to see. I do expect that PlayStation will continue to be the tournament standard myself, but you never know.

cause I really cannot play on an Xbox controller.
I'm not a fan of the Xbox Wired Controller's D-Pad for fighting games either, otherwise, it's an excellent Controller. They've redesigned the D-Pad for the new Wireless Controllers though, so if it responds well to fighting inputs, that would be a very big deal.