What's new

Are throws highs, mids, or what?

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
What's the logic? Or is this a known bug?
Its not a bug, if your hitbox goes under stage during your D3/D4 then you beat it but NRS made throws have priority over pokes, they are the counter to them other than jump, duck and delayed D2.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Works as intended. Since people are mashing pokes in this game like there is no tomorrow and online d1 into d1 on block for certain characters is a frame trap lol.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
Throws are highs but some attacks have a throwable hurtbox that extends out when they poke. But throws don't "beat" pokes. If your poke active frame hits before the throw active frame then the poke wins.

DanCock

Cock Master!!
i dont know about the d4. however when you are in negative frames and if you are hitting d1 the throw will beat out that poke

D

Deleted member 35141

Its not like highs or mids are consistent anyways in this game, throws are the least of NRS hitbox issues

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
i dont know about the d4. however when you are in negative frames and if you are hitting d1 the throw will beat out that poke
Yeah but only if the frame data says it will hit first. I think a tie goes to the throw though, so it does have some priority in that sense.

Let's say you are -2 and you press d1 and it's a 6 frame d1. The d1 should beat their throw attempt because throws are 10 frames.

If you are -4 and the same situation happens, the throw should win because the throw and d1 hit on the same frame and the tie goes to the throw. That's the only time the throw would actually have priority.

Wigy

There it is...
I'm very glad this is a thing. Basically gives everyone a universal 10f mid to stop mashing. Heard reo and shit complain about it on the podcast but it's a godsend if you're characters got bad mids.

Last edited:

trufenix

bye felicia
Yeah but only if the frame data says it will hit first. I think a tie goes to the throw though, so it does have some priority in that sense.

Let's say you are -2 and you press d1 and it's a 6 frame d1. The d1 should beat their throw attempt because throws are 10 frames.

If you are -4 and the same situation happens, the throw should win because the throw and d1 hit on the same frame and the tie goes to the throw. That's the only time the throw would actually have priority.
throws just have a shit ton more active frames than strikes, when they actually hit frame perfect one on one the characters do that thing where they kind of grab then both fall over. You've seen it.

It works this way only if you are negative, so stop mashing when it's not your turn you scrub. Duck the throw or tech it.

Having said that, throws should do less damage.

Rip Torn

ALL I HAVE IS THE GREEN.
throws just have a shit ton more active frames than strikes, when they actually hit frame perfect one on one the characters do that thing where they kind of grab then both fall over. You've seen it.
I don't think I've seen that happen unless something hits while the throw is already happening, like kung lao orbiting hat or d'vorah bugs.

No, it's the complete opposite. Throws only have 2 active frames. There is not a single move in the game that has less active frames.