What's new

Are Those Klouds? Rain Is Imminent

Rain is in, despite these little haters. Did you notice how Ed never trolled about mileena being out?

Rain was constantly trolled by Ed Boon, if Rain is out, you can say that Ed doesnt give a shit for the fanbase of a big requested character.
I mean, Rain was tweeted so many times for Ed Boon, and most of the time giving us the feeling that he would not be inside.
If Rain is really not in, that was teased a lot of times for Ed Boon. But Mileena? he never said anything, and she was equally requested than Rain. Boom, she is out.
With this tweet i noticed that Ed Boon can be a troll, but he dont want to "hurt" people with their high requested, i mean, he doesnt tweeted a joke about mileena, that was most an apology. With Rain he overtrolled all of us, and i dont think that its because "Some people have once heard that he does not like the character".
Alternate theory: Ed likes trolling Rain fans

Rain hasn’t been any good since umk3. He needs something else like a wraith transformation. Being the butthurt prince of a dead realm isn’t interesting.
Yeah of course, a group of cops is more interesting, some random edenians are more interesting than the prince too.
Love how people give their opinion as if it were a fact.
"He needs a transformation" hello kitana? mileena? jade? kung lao? liu kang? sonya? kano? idk, if you ask me for character transformations i probably just answer ermac and reptile.
They dont need a transformation? and rain yes? ok, again, thats your opinion, not a fact.
Im seeing so many Rain haters acting like anarchyst teenagers here, putting more effort than rain fans in twitter lol.
Im not even a fan of Rain, he deserves the spot anyway and more than the entire actual roster. The only character than deserves more than Rain if you ask me is Fujin.

SxS626

Noob
Let me correct you there:
[Insert character here] demanders suck.
nope apparently it's just rain fans.

when noob fans cried for a month on twitter and reddit after the steam leaks, no one batted an eye. but for some reason, their immaturity is justified because their character was confirmed. but rain fans are the dramatic ones

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
he's more popular than baraka and kabal and they both made the game.
That's subjective. You can't judge character popularity accurately from a Twitter poll. The fan base is far larger than those of whom troll Boon's Twitter feed trying to find bread crumbs leading to any indication that Rain may be included in the roster. Polling a few hundred thousand people is one thing. Polling the entire 11 million people that bought mkx is another thing entirely.

Pizza

Thrill Kill

HOT STICKY SCENES, YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN
LIKE A DESERT SUN THAT BURNS MY SKIN
I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR HIM, FOR SO LONG
OPEN THE SKY AND LET HIM COME DOWN

HERE COMES RAIN
HERE COMES RAIN
HERE HE COMES AGAIN
HERE COMES RAIN

SxS626

Noob
That's subjective. You can't judge character popularity accurately from a Twitter poll. The fan base is far larger than those of whom troll Boon's Twitter feed trying to find bread crumbs leading to any indication that Rain may be included in the roster. Polling a few hundred thousand people is one thing. Polling the entire 11 million people that bought mkx is another thing entirely.
he's more popular IN THE POLL
it's obviously this poll was used as data in forming the roster which is why 3/4 of the characters made the roster. the developers are aware and have identified rain as a most requested character, boon has directly questioned the fans if rain should be added with nothing but positives responses. it's not "bread crumbs", when the proof is in the pudding that rain is highly probable for the roster

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
OP, let me help you out, and I mean this genuinely.

While I feel for you that your favorite character isn't in MK 11 (or probably won't be), there is a way to mitigate that feeling of disappointment: Branch out.

There's no rule saying you have to like one and only one character. If you branch out and try to enjoy one of the other 25 characters currently offered, you may find that you like a few...and thus the irritation from not having your favorite is dulled.

The more characters you learn to like, the higher the odds at least one will make it on the roster in future games.

I like Reptile and Ermac...but I also like Jade, Kitana, Liu, Frost, Subby, Sonya, Jax, Cassie, etc. The odds of me being disappointed are quite slim because of this. shrug

SxS626

Noob
OP, let me help you out, and I mean this genuinely.

While I feel for you that your favorite character isn't in MK 11 (or probably won't be), there is a way to mitigate that feeling of disappointment: Branch out.

There's no rule saying you have to like one and only one character. If you branch out and try to enjoy one of the other 25 characters currently offered, you may find that you like a few...and thus the irritation from not having your favorite is dulled.

The more characters you learn to like, the higher the odds at least one will make it on the roster in future games.

I like Reptile and Ermac...but I also like Jade, Kitana, Liu, Frost, Subby, Sonya, Jax, Cassie, etc. The odds of me being disappointed are quite slim because of this. shrug
i don't need your assistance or self help advice. rain isn't even my favorite character or my main (not that it matter since it has absolutely nothing to do with this post), especially since he wasn't even in the last game but never mind that "tiny" detail.

all i said is that rain has a better chance of being in the game than people are crediting him for. he has the demand so there's no reason why he's not in the game

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
he's more popular IN THE POLL
it's obviously this poll was used as data in forming the roster which is why 3/4 of the characters made the roster. the developers are aware and have identified rain as a most requested character, boon has directly questioned the fans if rain should be added with nothing but positives responses. it's not "bread crumbs", when the proof is in the pudding that rain is highly probable for the roster
A poll of a few hundred thousand Twitter followers vs a poll of every mk fan. Just because he got 22% in that poll doesn't mean he'd fare the same in a larger more significant poll.

Bro, I get that you want your favorite in. That's cool, I wouldn't mind seeing Rain back either. I just don't want you getting your hopes up because Boon is being a troll. Better to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised than it is to expect the best and be let down.

Lord Snotty

Lord of the Bletherrealm.
Look. I don't wish to be mean to Rain fans, but if he's in the game, he's in the game. If he isn't, then there's nothing you can do about it. Any demand for Ed or NRS to listen to your desires will only lead to disappointment. Looking for meaning in troll tweets won't help either. But for the sake of his fans, I hope Rain will be DLC or in MK12. He was in the last two games in some form or other, so there's that, at least.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah of course, a group of cops is more interesting, some random edenians are more interesting than the prince too.
Love how people give their opinion as if it were a fact.
"He needs a transformation" hello kitana? mileena? jade? kung lao? liu kang? sonya? kano? idk, if you ask me for character transformations i probably just answer ermac and reptile.
They dont need a transformation? and rain yes? ok, again, thats your opinion, not a fact.
Im seeing so many Rain haters acting like anarchyst teenagers here, putting more effort than rain fans in twitter lol.
Im not even a fan of Rain, he deserves the spot anyway and more than the entire actual roster. The only character than deserves more than Rain if you ask me is Fujin.
Relax guy, I never said it was anything other than my opinion. It’s character discussion not science. Every character including the Kombat kids were more interesting than rain post umk3, that’s all.

SxS626

Noob
A poll of a few hundred thousand Twitter followers vs a poll of every mk fan. Just because he got 22% in that poll doesn't mean he'd fare the same in a larger more significant poll.

Bro, I get that you want your favorite in. That's cool, I wouldn't mind seeing Rain back either. I just don't want you getting your hopes up because Boon is being a troll. Better to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised than it is to expect the best and be let down.
it's literally the same poll that got noob, baraka, and kabal in the game.

all i'm saying is that this definitive ideology that there's no way rain is not in the game is completely premature and ill founded

Scyther

Mortal Kombat-phile
i don't need your assistance or self help advice. rain isn't even my favorite character or my main (not that it matter since it has absolutely nothing to do with this post), especially since he wasn't even in the last game but never mind that "tiny" detail.

all i said is that rain has a better chance of being in the game than people are crediting him for. he has the demand so there's no reason why he's not in the game
Sure he's not... -.-

But you do you, I guess. I tried.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
These Rain and Mileena threads...this must be what the three poor fuckers from The Blair Witch Project felt like whenever they kept ending up back at the same pond in the woods.

Just wait until the mythical Year Two expansion arrives and they give him away for free like KI did with Omen.
The rain will come...eventually.
(no giggity)

Relax guy, I never said it was anything other than my opinion. It’s character discussion not science. Every character including the Kombat kids were more interesting than rain post umk3, that’s all.
Im relaxed, just arguing, you should try it too! ;)
Purple is a limited color in this game i see lol.