What's new

Are There Any Leaders In The NRS Community?

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I don't know what's going on these days (especially after mk9) but I think Tom Brady, Pig of the Hut, and 16 bit were icons and really influenced my personally and I'm sure many others...
I'm noticing theres a BIG disconnect with the Old heads vs the new generation. Its as clear as day.

Mikemetroid

Who hired this guy, WTF?
The community has dozens of leaders, each of which have their scene/platform/region that they attend to.

There are tons of great people who work for this community, it's up to you to recognize who's in your area, and if you can help them.

STORMS

Co-founder
Founder
Premium Supporter
Thank you, Gerchap. I work just as hard now and as i did back then, if not even harder.

My most recent contribution was buying a PC strong enough to run MKX, in order to play as NPC characters, just to make a combo video with another member of the community, called MKX Corruption. The video itself is a huge commitment, playing with both controllers at the same time.

The video also took 5 months to edit. In the 4th month of editing, i took a break and went to the store, and got brutally mugged on the way home. It took me a couple weeks to recover from the attack, and i still somehow found the strength to finish editing that video. I also had a couple fights left to record, which isn't fun when you have to use both controllers at once after getting smashed in the head by a mugger. I consider this the biggest contribution of all listed above.

I've done a lot for the community, but those last few stand out the most to me. Moving from Florida to New Jersey to go to college for Game Testing was another huge commitment. I gave up my entire life here in Florida, including pets that i loved very much. I did this because i wanted to become a game tester to help make the best MK possible for the community someday.

These are the type of commitments i've made for the community, along with breaking down every character to the fullest extent. I've tried to do in year long projects for many years now, because i didn't want to look for credit for anything. A year gives everyone else a chance to post things before me.

I've tried to be as humble as possible about everything i do for a very long time. I've tried to be a leader in the best way i know how. I spent 3 hours a day replying to fans on youtube for over 10 years. I've done everything i can possibly do to be a leader. Whether i am or not to anyone won't ever change the way i feel, and the things i have tried to do to help, inspire, or toasty boost your way to victory (i was just diagnosed with Chronic Urticaria around the time of Toasty Boosts and maintaining a 4.00 GPA, but still dedicated myself to finding them as much as i did).

Again, i don't want credit from anyone as a leader, because i won't change the way i feel. Ever. To know i inspired players like Sonic, NinjaKilla, Vman, Hro, Tony T is all i could of asked for. I still remember when i met Sonic at NEC12, and he was so excited, he wanted to show me a Cyrax combo. Stuff like that sticks with you later on in life.

I continue to fight everyday to continue doing what i love, but its tough. I can't promise any more sacrifices than i have already made. Another year long project is a huge commitment that i'm not sure i can make anymore. That's another year of my life gone. I've already sacrificed so much, i'm just not sure if i should do it anymore. Noone should have to sacrifice that much of their time for combo videos. I need to work towards a better future for myself.

In the end, i just want people to know how much i've really sacrificed. I could go into more, but i've already gotten too personal. I hope you all can forgive me for that, and anything wrong i did in the past. Just know the good outweighs the bad, and the bad was usually brought on by something else that was happening in life at the time. It's very hard for the people around you to see you sacrificing so much with these combo videos, and not be worried about you.

I don't want to feel the last 15 years was for nothing, including those 5 years of college for Game Testing. In the end, i just feel like i've failed. That's where i'm at right now. I just gotta keep fighting everyday, like i said earlier. Just hope everyone understands everything i've given up these past 15 years. I pretty much gave up my life for it, and in the end i just feel like i've failed. I'm never a part of any stream, or anything. I felt hated for a long time. I feel left out. I feel like i'm never allowed to play any games with anyone. Then when i break down every character for a year straight, just for one single video, i feel like it never even happened. That Injustice 2 video was 8 hours long, another huge commitment. I still did it, feeling the way i did. I can't do that anymore.

I just hope things get better. And shoutout to guys like @Mikemetroid who have stuck with me through everything. Always did the best i could, and in the end, that's all we can do in this life.

Later everyone. Thanks to anyone who read this whole thing.
I certainly read the whole thing, @Check . I'll be in touch via PM.

Its all gravy. If you can, id love to hear your personal perspective :)
The site doesn't shine much of a light or focus on some of the competitive areas of the community. Also the regulars by and large don't seem to bring them up either.

Which is mostly the sect of players who shoot on the site via Twitter or personal conversations.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
If this community wasn't 75% anarchy, I'd love to be a leader.

You'd all think I'm fucking crazy most of the time, but that's just who I am. And if you knew Actual Angelman, you'd know I'd be damn good at it, because i love this community in spite of itself, and I want it to get as big and well-developed as I hope MK11 will be for a while. Plus even though I've never been much good competitively, I've been around for like 8 years and change, and I'd hope that time spent in the dojo counts for something.

I'm not running for President for no reason, man.

CO-KANO

psn: UNFUCxWITABLE_1
Threads like this are this are whats giving a bad vibe and bad rep to the community. Look how yall talk about your pioneers, i frequent this website and i enjoy the content but the way yall talk about the folks that put us on the map, you should be ashamed. Unless they did some bitchass hater shit or disrespected a fan, i dont see the need to disrespect them. And this coming from the one and only Co-Kano the God

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
Thank you, Gerchap. I work just as hard now and as i did back then, if not even harder.

My most recent contribution was buying a PC strong enough to run MKX, in order to play as NPC characters, just to make a combo video with another member of the community, called MKX Corruption. The video itself is a huge commitment, playing with both controllers at the same time.

The video also took 5 months to edit. In the 4th month of editing, i took a break and went to the store, and got brutally mugged on the way home. It took me a couple weeks to recover from the attack, and i still somehow found the strength to finish editing that video. I also had a couple fights left to record, which isn't fun when you have to use both controllers at once after getting smashed in the head by a mugger. I consider this the biggest contribution of all listed above.

I've done a lot for the community, but those last few stand out the most to me. Moving from Florida to New Jersey to go to college for Game Testing was another huge commitment. I gave up my entire life here in Florida, including pets that i loved very much. I did this because i wanted to become a game tester to help make the best MK possible for the community someday.

These are the type of commitments i've made for the community, along with breaking down every character to the fullest extent. I've tried to do in year long projects for many years now, because i didn't want to look for credit for anything. A year gives everyone else a chance to post things before me.

I've tried to be as humble as possible about everything i do for a very long time. I've tried to be a leader in the best way i know how. I spent 3 hours a day replying to fans on youtube for over 10 years. I've done everything i can possibly do to be a leader. Whether i am or not to anyone won't ever change the way i feel, and the things i have tried to do to help, inspire, or toasty boost your way to victory (i was just diagnosed with Chronic Urticaria around the time of Toasty Boosts and maintaining a 4.00 GPA, but still dedicated myself to finding them as much as i did).

Again, i don't want credit from anyone as a leader, because i won't change the way i feel. Ever. To know i inspired players like Sonic, NinjaKilla, Vman, Hro, Tony T is all i could of asked for. I still remember when i met Sonic at NEC12, and he was so excited, he wanted to show me a Cyrax combo. Stuff like that sticks with you later on in life.

I continue to fight everyday to continue doing what i love, but its tough. I can't promise any more sacrifices than i have already made. Another year long project is a huge commitment that i'm not sure i can make anymore. That's another year of my life gone. I've already sacrificed so much, i'm just not sure if i should do it anymore. Noone should have to sacrifice that much of their time for combo videos. I need to work towards a better future for myself.

In the end, i just want people to know how much i've really sacrificed. I could go into more, but i've already gotten too personal. I hope you all can forgive me for that, and anything wrong i did in the past. Just know the good outweighs the bad, and the bad was usually brought on by something else that was happening in life at the time. It's very hard for the people around you to see you sacrificing so much with these combo videos, and not be worried about you.

I don't want to feel the last 15 years was for nothing, including those 5 years of college for Game Testing. In the end, i just feel like i've failed. That's where i'm at right now. I just gotta keep fighting everyday, like i said earlier. Just hope everyone understands everything i've given up these past 15 years. I pretty much gave up my life for it, and in the end i just feel like i've failed. I'm never a part of any stream, or anything. I felt hated for a long time. I feel left out. I feel like i'm never allowed to play any games with anyone. Then when i break down every character for a year straight, just for one single video, i feel like it never even happened. That Injustice 2 video was 8 hours long, another huge commitment. I still did it, feeling the way i did. I can't do that anymore.

I just hope things get better. And shoutout to guys like @Mikemetroid who have stuck with me through everything. Always did the best i could, and in the end, that's all we can do in this life.

Later everyone. Thanks to anyone who read this whole thing.
As a cyrax main I always loved your videos. Sounds like you've got some problems going on, that's just life. It's not easy on anyone..dont give up or get discouraged just because you haven't been mentioned yet in some dumb TYM thread. Seeing you at that mkx event was awesome

Last edited:
I think right now Tom Brady is proving with his content and knowledge that he is a leader within the NRS Community.

His Fighting Philosophy videos, his upcoming FGC History videos, his Bradycast on current news on MK11 and his desire to do the Living Guide for MK11 is showing me he is more wanting to not just perform well in MK11 but he is being an example for the scene by trying to help.

I doubted him from before due to his past bitter behaviours but I am really liking the change he has taken and if he continues it then I feel he will be a relevant leader to our scene in regards to sharing high level news, content and other information regarding the NRS Scene.

His knowledge base and personality I feel has always grabbed me more than anyone.

I have seen videos from top players that just doesn't grab me the way Brady does.

His mentality seems to be inviting to not just top players but casual players too especially when speaking of how to address tournament nerves.

I just hope he isn't distracted from Trolls as that's been a weakness he has had.

Other than that Brady might be the best at commentating MK especially when him and 16 bit get together. I think those two are better than any commentator when it comes to NRS games.

When Tyrant beat REO at MLG Anaheim it was extremely hype because of Brady.

Tyrant and Blake's match is also classic because of Brady's commentary.

Tom Brady is a leader.

I would put K&M in there as well.

Undeniable at this point that they care about leveling people up and their Science videos on past to current MK games have to me made them leaders.

They deserve to be on commentary despite my gripe of them misusing the word trip guard over and over lol. I do think they are a good team and they keep up to date with the NRS scene.

So yeh Brady and the Condiment twins.

I don't neccessarily see top players as leaders to be honest. None of the current top players strike me as leaders. They are excellent at the game but I don't see them as leaders of the scene.

The closest who I think could be is Honeybee because his content and news keeps people up to date. He is the only top player though.

I think everybody else don't seem to be interested in that which is fine.

DragonofDadashov24

Let’s see whose fire burns hotter
People I enjoy watching and follow in MK community:
Devs: 16Bit (criminally underrated guy),Tyler, Boon
Players: Any pro player, don’t think there is a leader when it comes to playing.
My favorite Youtube channel hands down K&M and they are even more criminally underrated. They cover everything and provide every viable info for the players of any skill. Uncaged a.k.a the best Cage player, Dynasty and other trash youtubers should be banned for having more subs and less informative content.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I feel like the MKC whole doesn't need a "leader" honestly, as long as the demand is there from us that's all MK needs. But if I had to pick one, and I know this will be unpopular opinion here but Ed Boon. I mean he stuck with MK, while Tobias left, he takes feedback from EVERYONE in the MKC which I love about NRS and Ed. If not for him, MK would have arguably died off years ago.