What's new

Are there any Dvorah mains who have custom variations that compensate?

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Its no news that Dvorah is considered low tier which is unfortunate because I actually realy like her. Do anybody who mains her have any custom abilities to 'balance out' the amount of unsafe moves she has? Or are all of her moves unsafe in general. Do mains do just fine with her tourny variations if they work hard in ranked?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Not really. A lot of her other moves are either terrible (Super Swarm) or an ok neutral tool like her air dash. You'd think that Flippin' Out, the overhead, would be a good choice, but it replaces her db4, which is the glue that holds D'vorah together into a sort of playable character, imo. Without that, she can't close gaps safely, stop people from poking, or even keep standing pressure. You lose all that for a -22 overhead that leads to a ~260 damage KB the second time you hit it. The mix is there, but it's just not worth losing db4. If I could have both, I'd probably make Flippin' out, Bombardier Beetle, and Parasite a kustom.

Buzzed is honestly one of the best variations she could have, I think. Arachnaphobia...not so much. I don't think Widow's kiss or Deadly Swarm are particularly good moves.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
Not really. A lot of her other moves are either terrible (Super Swarm) or an ok neutral tool like her air dash. You'd think that Flippin' Out, the overhead, would be a good choice, but it replaces her db4, which is the glue that holds D'vorah together into a sort of playable character, imo. Without that, she can't close gaps safely, stop people from poking, or even keep standing pressure. You lose all that for a -22 overhead that leads to a ~260 damage KB the second time you hit it. The mix is there, but it's just not worth losing db4. If I could have both, I'd probably make Flippin' out, Bombardier Beetle, and Parasite a kustom.

Buzzed is honestly one of the best variations she could have, I think. Arachnaphobia...not so much. I don't think Widow's kiss or Deadly Swarm are particularly good moves.
Ah man, I would have thought Flippin' Out is Dvorah's saving grace. Without kapido rush, I guess her quickest mix ups are absent. I guess replacing db4 is my Jade equivalent to replacing db2 with deadly butterfly. I mean it has a brutality but its not worth the flashy Delilahs dance special cancel mix ups. Shame :( hopefully she gets a major buff, I'd totally add her to my main list.

As @DivineImpalerX said, her special moves are not her issues. Check out the other thread we have going about her normals. There are some cool suggestions in there but I do agree with the above that the specials equipped with not make a difference in the grand scheme of things.

Sonzai

Noob
The buzzed variation probably already has the best specials
I can't think of playing her without the parasite combo strings