What's new

General/Other Are Smoke players the biggest downplayers in the community?

Are Smoke players the biggest downplayers in the community?

• Total voters

RiBBz22

TYM's Confirmed Prophet/Time-Traveler
First of all, this thread has nothing to do with me losing twice to Wafflez at Season's Beatings. I was going to make this thread anyway. But I did not have any time last week.

With that being said, I would like to know whether this community is as sick and as tired as I am about Smoke players constantly down playing their character. I was talking to FrothyOmen and RiBBz22 this weekend on and off stream about Smoke's match ups. The following are a few examples of them down playing Smoke's match ups to make themselves look better when they lose.

Smoke vs. Freddy = 6:4

Smoke vs. Jax = 3:7

Smoke vs. Kung Lao = 3:7

The following is what I believe about the Freddy vs. Smoke match up. I consulted CD Jr. for the Jax vs. Smoke match up and Perfect Legend for the Kung Lao vs. Smoke match up.

Smoke vs. Freddy = 8:2

Smoke vs. Jax = 5:5

Smoke vs. Kung Lao = 5:5

With these differences in mind, I have some questions for this community. What should happen to these Smoke for lying and deceiving the community? Should they be made to apologize? Kitana players are also infamous for lying about match ups. But have Smoke players surpassed Kitana players in the beautiful art of down playing their respective character? Share your opinions in this thread and make sure to vote.
m2dave why would you say we said that Smoke v Jax is a 3-7 matchup when there is proof on a stream archive that we had been saying that matchup is 6-4 Jax. If Smoke was able to punish a blocked f4 from Jax instead of having to be jailed by that entire string (since he can abuse Smoke's larger hitbox) I do think that matchup would be a 5-5 for sure. Smoke's main tool in that matchup is d4. Also, Smoke v Kung Lao being a 5-5 is the biggest crock of s*** I have ever heard. This is without a doubt Smoke's worst matchup, and if his worst matchup is now a 5-5, why isn't everyone playing this character that goes so even with the top tier in the game? This thread is insane...

Breaker

~AKUMA~
m2dave, once Smoke is broken down to its complete essence you can see that he barely makes top ten. Not having any armor and a normal pressure under 9 frames with none-existence frame traps, makes Smoke suffer against ANY player that has high-level pressure game. It's also easy to bait SB as is exploiting the parry, smoke phase and teleport. Sonya, Cage and Kabal can rape Smoke and imo they're his worst match-ups and I wouldn't go through caring the exact number for other chars for everyone in this game has the potential to win in the right persons hands.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Soooooo funny watching m2dave troll people, he's so good at it very few people even know he's doing it. Look at all the people he got in an uproar w/ just a few words lmao. Notice how no one that actually KNOWS him well has posted in this thread? lolol

The_SNKE

BLT | RM
Perfect Legends says 5:5 because of resets and I believe it. Cyrax's resets are easier to do, but landing a smoke bomb is easier than landing a net. Wafflez landed the reset on me 90% of the time.
I'm sorry but this is such an ignorant thing to say. EVERY character has to worry about resets. Any 7-3 would potentially be a 5-5 because of resets. KL is easily Smoke's worst match-up. I'd rather fight every Kabal in the world before I fight a good KL.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
trolling or not he's been complaining about Smoke for how long. The joke has run it's course.
I almost want to explain how he works, but it's just gonna be sooooo much funnier if I don't say anything and wait. There's a rreason he's so funny to the people who know him, and seemingly really annoying to the people who don't, but i'm not gonna ruin it.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Soooooo funny watching m2dave troll people, he's so good at it very few people even know he's doing it. Look at all the people he got in an uproar w/ just a few words lmao. Notice how no one that actually KNOWS him well has posted in this thread? lolol
Most people should know Dave is a major troll by now. It has been said numerous times. On the other hand, he is not a funny troll. He posts the same thread fishing for the same responses every single time. Just because your trolling doesnt make your posts any less annoying. Hence why I posted "Oh boy, here we go again".

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
Most people should know Dave is a major troll by now. It has been said numerous times. On the other hand, he is not a funny troll. He posts the same thread fishing for the same responses every single time. Just because your trolling doesnt make your posts any less annoying. Hence why I posted "Oh boy, here we go again".
Well, see that's my point...just the same way you feel about ME, (cuz you don't know me and never met me), you make the same mistake about M2Dave. Stop judging people online, man....it's generally not possible to make accurate assumptions. If you don't understand where i am coming from, you simply haven't been around long to know how things work. I thought some people were total fucking toolbags until i met some of them and the majority of them turned out be pretty cool. People getting annoyed by it just have strings attatched to their limbs and he's the Puppet Master. lol

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Well, see that's my point...just the same way you feel about ME, (cuz you don't know me and never met me), you make the same mistake about M2Dave. Stop judging people online, man....it's generally not possible to make accurate assumptions. If you don't understand where i am coming from, you simply haven't been around long to know how things work. I thought some people were total fucking toolbags until i met some of them and the majority of them turned out be pretty cool. People getting annoyed by it just have strings attatched to their limbs and he's the Puppet Master. lol
....Again. I KNOW he is a troll, I just do not think his trolling is funny.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
....Again. I KNOW he is a troll, I just do not think his trolling is funny.
Give it some more time, you're still new in comparison to most of us. I thought like you for awhile but once you get used to him AND understand his sense of humor he cracks you up. Idk why, it's just for some reason only the Ol' Heads seem to get it. ;)

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Is m2dave the biggest bitch and crybaby in the community? God, even Kano players have more balls than this man. Also please do stream viewers every where a favor and never attempt to play Jax again. Never before have I seen views drop like that in my life.
I picked Jax to prove a point. I can rush down when given the proper tools. Besides, my Jax is solid. I am arguably the third best Jax player after CD Jr. and Tyrant.