What's new

Are people really stupid or lame? MK11 is best NRS game ever

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
MK9 is overrated. That is not bad game, but most of MK9 popularity just duck syndrome. You see something in your childhood and it seems beautiful to you, but it's not. That is cognitive distortion.
MKX was shittiest game i ever played. No footsie, autoopeners, opp offence, no defence, normals, like Kotal b1 when it was mid, broken air, broken ALL. It's like marvel versus capcom.
And when... we have a brilliant. Game with good core mechanic, game, where all archetypes works - wanna zoning - go cetrion, wanna braindead rushdown - KO jackui, wanna PLAYABLE grapplers (in NRS game!) - kotal, geras and etc.
When people called game "boring" i imagine a child, who a fan of MKX where even you have mental disease you can open enemy, because rule "safe, fast, damage, but choose 2" not working in this game, because you cannot play in neutral in this game, because that game even with last patch have a characters, like liu kang, tremor or sonya demolition.
"Boring" - when you loose and can't use your imagination and skills to open enemy without autoopeners
"Boring" - when you dont understand why MKX was broken on core mechanics and MK11 is not
NRS community still so young and stupid. You have a brilliant and called it "stone". Best NRS creation ever

Blade4693

VIVIVI
Honestly makes me question my tastes. I didn't play MK9 seriously so I can't speak on it really outside of casual stuff like roster,stages,music story etc. but I did play MKX and I2 quite a bit and tried to gitgud at them and I love MK11 a lot more than both of them in every way possible but it seems the community consensus is that 11 isn't good? Idk I like it a lot more than all of the other NRS games so im rolling with it.

I bet I have clocked in more hours in 11 than X and I2 combined. I love the game and it's the first one I have felt I have gotten ok at and of course it's the one everyone apparently hates lol

Sage Leviathan

I'm platinum mad!
People have all sorts of differing opinions; subjective in the end, ain't it?
I myself love MK11 a lot.

The people who dislike it are the most vocal, and also sound like entitled babies sometimes. Not all of them. The game has valid criticisms. There is valid criticism to be found on TYM. A lot of it is not. You'll notice plenty of rattle shaking if you close your eyes and click on a random thread.

REO

Undead
Promoting and praising MK11 is fine, but doing so over the expense of other NRS or MK games is not. Especially when you're blatantly bashing MK9 or MKX in doing so.

One day players in the community will be able to appreciate and be OK with any person enjoying any of the game(s) NRS / Midway has created. I just don't understand the point of tearing another game to shreds just to place your preferred game on a pedestal.

Also the "nostalgic" talking point as the only basis for someone enjoying MK9 or any older MK game is a fallacy. How can one be strictly driven by nostalgia for MK9's gameplay, but not for Mortal Kombat: Deception gameplay? There is no consistency in the statement and it's just used as a cop out to feel validated when shutting down a game someone enjoys without hearing them out.

I'm a nostalgic fanboy because I like MK: DA but I don't like MK4... You see the problem here? Is it really just nostalgia? Or is it much more than that like individual player preference and gameplay mechanics.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
There is pre-patch Mortal Kombat X, which was catastrophic, and then there is the final product of Mortal Kombat X, which was a decent game in my opinion. NRS clearly tried their very best to normalize offense by removing lots of overhead attacks, all lunching armor, and double digit block frame advantages, limiting the run in a handful of ways, changing how the breaker system works, etc.

As far as Mortal Kombat 11 is concerned, I can sympathize with constructive criticism (i.e., fatal blows, low pokes, variation system, etc.) even if I disagree. However, there is a small yet noisy as well as persistent minority who simply makes stuff up about the game (i.e., horrible balance, no anti-aerial attacks, no footsies, etc.)

MadPropz101

"I still got it...but not much of it"
Mk9 and Inj were absolutely retarded bullshit, MKX and Inj2 were an improvement yet still ridiculously stupid and annoying. MK11 isn't perfect but it is waaaay better than any other NRS game.

DeftMonk

Noob
There is pre-patch Mortal Kombat X, which was catastrophic, and then there is the final product of Mortal Kombat X, which was a decent game in my opinion. NRS clearly tried their very best to normalize offense by removing lots of overhead attacks, all lunching armor, and double digit block frame advantages, limiting the run in a handful of ways, changing how the breaker system works, etc.

As far as Mortal Kombat 11 is concerned, I can sympathize with constructive criticism (i.e., fatal blows, low pokes, variation system, etc.) even if I disagree. However, there is a small yet noisy as well as persistent minority who simply makes stuff up about the game (i.e., horrible balance, no anti-aerial attacks, no footsies, etc.)
that could be. Honestly I played A-list from the get go and when I saw nutpunch lost armor I was like oh... gg a list. I never touched the final product lol. I played A list kinda like a counter hit character in tekken using run cancel after strings into ex nut punch to bait a response into launch.

I wish mk11 had a bit more depth to it as far as set ups go and the like but, I don't think its a bad game. Definately is very innovative and does some things quite right. People saying its garbo are just being toxic imo.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Mk 11 isnt received as well as MK 9. No MK game is perfect. NOt even MK 11, but I dont think it's a great game and do not like it more than MK 9, UMK3, Deception, MkT, MK4 or even mk dc. To call others stupid though for a difference in preference is in itself stupid.

Zhidoreptiloid

Watcher from the sky
Honestly makes me question my tastes. I didn't play MK9 seriously so I can't speak on it really outside of casual stuff like roster,stages,music story etc. but I did play MKX and I2 quite a bit and tried to gitgud at them and I love MK11 a lot more than both of them in every way possible but it seems the community consensus is that 11 isn't good? Idk I like it a lot more than all of the other NRS games so im rolling with it.

I bet I have clocked in more hours in 11 than X and I2 combined. I love the game and it's the first one I have felt I have gotten ok at and of course it's the one everyone apparently hates lol
absolutely same, bro

Calling people stupid while posting a rant that reads like a grammatical aneurysm. Nice.
Hello, nazi grammar. English is not my nattive language and i use it only at TYM. And what's your point or Ad hominem is your style of discussion?

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
There are so many good games of all shapes and sizes right now. There is no good reason for anyone to be crapping on or playing one they don't like.

Let people play what they like, and everyone slow it down with all the "that game is stupid" talk.

Nobody becomes cool just because they don't like something or because the can see flaws. If it did, that group includes just about everyone who has ever existed, making us all cool. And if we are all cool, then we need know how to chiiillll.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
MK9 is overrated. That is not bad game, but most of MK9 popularity just duck syndrome. You see something in your childhood and it seems beautiful to you, but it's not. That is cognitive distortion.
MKX was shittiest game i ever played. No footsie, autoopeners, opp offence, no defence, normals, like Kotal b1 when it was mid, broken air, broken ALL. It's like marvel versus capcom.
And when... we have a brilliant. Game with good core mechanic, game, where all archetypes works - wanna zoning - go cetrion, wanna braindead rushdown - KO jackui, wanna PLAYABLE grapplers (in NRS game!) - kotal, geras and etc.
When people called game "boring" i imagine a child, who a fan of MKX where even you have mental disease you can open enemy, because rule "safe, fast, damage, but choose 2" not working in this game, because you cannot play in neutral in this game, because that game even with last patch have a characters, like liu kang, tremor or sonya demolition.
"Boring" - when you loose and can't use your imagination and skills to open enemy without autoopeners
"Boring" - when you dont understand why MKX was broken on core mechanics and MK11 is not
NRS community still so young and stupid. You have a brilliant and called it "stone". Best NRS creation ever
As someone who actively played the 3 games, i have to disagree with this post.

MK9 was amazing and i would still prefer that model over any of the one we got later on.
Not only for the things that were consistent, but also because it was probably the only NRS mk game where normals didn't have insane travel distance as they do now since MKX.

While ppl say MKX was terrible at launch, i think MKX shinned more while having armored launchers than not having them later on, it was a great game for what i was, and as things changed we found new issues and consequences that came along which was a turn off to many.

Now saying MK11 is the best game ever, that's just your opinion, as many would make comparisons to Kabal Cyrax and cage being broke, we had Pre-Patch quan in MKX, B14 sonya, a Kung Lao with a hat that has no hitbox which was a distaster, we still have these issues in MK11

Just look at upgraded Jacqui, Outtake Johnny with his insane D4, Highborn Kitana, Geras, poke grab meta which is far worse than previous games, broken j3s and limiting real defense to Flawless block

Many of what ppl are trying to say is that MK11 it's not a bad game but it could definitely be better, sadly some of the things implemented in the game are not working out and could definitely receive an overhaul

DeftMonk

Noob
As someone who actively played the 3 games, i have to disagree with this post.

MK9 was amazing and i would still prefer that model over any of the one we got later on.
Not only for the things that were consistent, but also because it was probably the only NRS mk game where normals didn't have insane travel distance as they do now since MKX.

While ppl say MKX was terrible at launch, i think MKX shinned more while having armored launchers than not having them later on, it was a great game for what i was, and as things changed we found new issues and consequences that came along which was a turn off to many.

Now saying MK11 is the best game ever, that's just your opinion, as many would make comparisons to Kabal Cyrax and cage being broke, we had Pre-Patch quan in MKX, B14 sonya, a Kung Lao with a hat that has no hitbox which was a distaster, we still have these issues in MK11

Just look at upgraded Jacqui, Outtake Johnny with his insane D4, Highborn Kitana, Geras, poke grab meta which is far worse than previous games, broken j3s and limiting real defense to Flawless block

Many of what ppl are trying to say is that MK11 it's not a bad game but it could definitely be better, sadly some of the things implemented in the game are not working out and could definitely receive an overhaul
Ya I agree with what you said about armored launchers. Safe armored Launchers was a huge deal in mk11 but completely removing them made new issues. A list went into the dumpster imo.

How do you think about the meter system in mk11? I agree with almost all ur points usually and I actually like this meter system so curious what your take is.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Ya I agree with what you said about armored launchers. Safe armored Launchers was a huge deal in mk11 but completely removing them made new issues. A list went into the dumpster imo.

How do you think about the meter system in mk11? I agree with almost all ur points usually and I actually like this meter system so curious what your take is.
While i like it there are moves which are just too good and with the no need of filling the meter themselves they just sit around and wait until the meter refills and try the same moves over and over. As result the vulnerability these characters could have are binded to their meter ability, and sadly there is a lot of moves in MK11 which fits the same criteria.

There are definitely some characters who should have been a more meter dependent character in this game, but this isn't exactly a thing it doesn't really matter. Sadly.

DeftMonk

Noob
While i like it there are moves which are just too good and with the no need of filling the meter themselves they just sit around and wait until the meter refills and try the same moves over and over. As result the vulnerability these characters could have are binded to their meter ability, and sadly there is a lot of moves in MK11 which fits the same criteria.

There are definitely some characters who should have been a more meter dependent character in this game, but this isn't exactly a thing it doesn't really matter. Sadly.
I think you are right but honestly one thing that annoys me way more than this is fighting the mass amount of characters in this game with a far teleport. I don't know why this is something the development team thinks so many characters should have. I know the last patch changed these tho and I haven't played those characters since.

Kenshi-Keanu-Kool

D1 mashing is the tactic when skill fails !
There you people go with your footsie neutral zoning high level playing it smart IQ bs : i can play the 3 games and be good at the same time : MKX had a lot of broken shit that could and should be fixed ; but saying MKX had no footsies and neutral is dumb .
Does MK 11 has more options and is more fair in some aspects ? for sure : The roll escapes and the wake up system are a much needed mechanic . Shit like Liu kang Tremor kung lao in MKX with a patch to fix those stupid endless string patterns on block are the main problem in MKX . MK 11 IS a great game ; but the blend soundtracks ; the lack of trash talking of the characters during the fight ; no stage fatalaties ; no classic stages ; and most of all ; the lack of fan favourites like kenshi cyrax sektor fujin rain takeda ermac leave the game empty .
i think its a great game ; but the game MK games have to be a fast paced feel . As INJUSTICE also should be ; otherwise the game doesnt feel like a superhero game . you guys keep asking for NEUTRAL SPACING FOOTSIE based bla bla just to show off how smart you are :
IN OTHER WORDS ; MK X its FORMULA 1 and MK 11 its like karting ,
Stop asking for MK to be SF or other boring fighting games .

Agilaz

It has begun
That is a trend apparently. I wasn't doing too well in MKX cause the pace kept throwing me off, it was too fast of a game for me and I didn't like the whole run in and go ham mentality of it.

MK11 plays to my strengths and guess what? The people I used to lose to are now nowhere to be seen, they all gave up on the game because of how bad they think it is.