What's new

Are any of these characters not viable?

So I tried everyone and gave all the characters a chance when picking my main, and narrowed the list down to:
-subzero cryo
-jason unstoppable
-liu kang
-alien
-Ermac
-tremor

From your experience, are any of these chars or one of their specs not viable anymore? I'm sure there's many specs that get their ass handed to them at higher tiers, and since it looks like mkx won't be getting any more patches or updates, no more nerfs/buffs are coming.

Also, all the latest tournaments have the same mains everytime. It's always shinnok, melina, cyborg. So while those three are probably s, I don't wanna pick them up. Thx

masherofbuttons

I'll mash out of +30 I know no fear
They're all okay/good. Watch out for dualist liu kang, he requires alot of work and isn't worth it IMO and tarkattan alien is just shit so stay away from him

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
You should be fine between all of those. Some variations are better than others (Crystalline Tremor is ridiculous right now for example while Metallic is not nearly as good and Aftershock is also, ridiculous right now)

Snake Sound 222

Tonight, Tarkata feasts
All of them are viable. Unstoppable Jason is one of the best fighters in the game. Alien's Acidic and Konjurer variations are better than Tarkatan. Ermac (I think Mystic) is supposed to S tier as well.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Cryo is alright

Jason is very good

Liu Kang is good but mainly Dragons Fire/Flame Fist

Acidic Alien is still really good

All of Ermacs variations are good, especially Mystic

Crystalline Tremor is very good, Aftershock isn't too far off

GOOD DRAGON

Awesometacular
Wait there is no more updates coming for mkx? I thought the word one the street was they were going to keep supporting the game even tho no one from NRS had anything to say about that fact yet- leaving it open to speculation. So has it now been confirmed that there's isn't going to be an update?

Oh and Ye those characters are fine