What's new

Arctic Anarchy is just what frost needed!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Hello everyone,

I recently started a matchup video series with frost. Shortly after the posting of my first video and half way through recording my cetrion video nrs announced that the 3rd variations were right around the corner. So I patiently waited to see if this new variation would give frost a new dimension of kombat and indeed it has. Here is my breakdown on why i think arctic anarchy is the additional variation that frost needed to have some flexibility in her gameplay.

In the video i go over the new moves in detail and how to use them effectively.

Happy labbing Frost kommunity!!
@Wigy @KIllaByte @Tweedy @Doctor Stabs

Darth Mao

Your Tech is Mine! #buffRaiden
Very nice work!
I've been waiting for this review when I saw you commenting on it in another topic hahah. Very enlightening, I will give it one more chance and see if it works for me.

Any idea which matchups this variation might help more than Ice Machine?

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Very nice work!
I've been waiting for this review when I saw you commenting on it in another topic hahah. Very enlightening, I will give it one more chance and see if it works for me.

Any idea which matchups this variation might help more than Ice Machine?
I'd say matchups like cetrion and shang which I will be posting in depth match videos on shortly. Thank you for the support!!

NYCj360

i Use a modded cyber now
Couple things to add.

You can get a freeze off of throw plus detonate if you time it right.

When you do freeze someone, you have enough time to charge another detonate and continue combos.
When it comes to core overload I am admittedly novice with it so I will be labbing it out alot more. Thank you for the tips!

SinkFla

Noob
I tried out the variation tonight and man... I understand regular Core Overload being cancelled on hit but AMP CO really should remain until detonation. It's a huge gamble to spend 1 meter on a move that takes forever to detonate and can be nullified by a simple d1 poke.

DeftMonk

Noob
if
I tried out the variation tonight and man... I understand regular Core Overload being cancelled on hit but AMP CO really should remain until detonation. It's a huge gamble to spend 1 meter on a move that takes forever to detonate and can be nullified by a simple d1 poke.
if u block the poke does it go away or they have to land a touch?(don’t have patch yet on pc)

Jonovah

Noob
Played a private match against someone I fought in ranked. Excuse the total slop fest (was pretty drunk) Core overload I think is pretty good after a knockdown if you know you're opponent won't do a wakeup. Whatever string into enchanted blade spin seems to be a good option to eat up the timer until the bomb goes off. Kept the rest of the footage because I just love the brutality, lol

SinkFla

Noob
They have to land a solid hit, so if you it rewards you the better you play. @DeftMonk
The problem is you're talking about avoiding any hits for what, 5 or 6 seconds? (I can't remember) Doesn't sound that difficult until you actually are in the match as that is an eternity in fighting games. And getting hit not by even combos or specials, but by a d1/d3 counter poke and having it nullify your 1 bar freeze attempt can be a huge gamble that you might even be better off not taking altogether. I definitely need more time with the variation but even the greatest players are subject to having wasted a bar to get d3'd out of it too often. Amplified Pirouette Chopper (that's what I'm calling it lol) does a good job of keeping the opponent in blockstun at least, but then you're blowing 2 bars within seconds for a highly unreliable setup.

Wigy

There it is...
Yeah I've not been able to make core bomb to work outside of against Jacqui or characters with little to no zoning.

The way I use it is after a grenade or spin on hit I pop it and back off start some zoning. I get damage boost on grenade spam and if I catch them moving in as the timer goes to the end you can do a b22 spin etc. Managed to get it once in the corner off string x bf3mb. I definitely feel you use it like a fear deterrent thing. Don't try force it. Pop it and play your usual game. Its predictable flying in to combo at the end of the timer every time.

Overall it definitely has its uses centered around the dolphin dive for hard zoner matchups, that move is crazy good. Auger is good for b2 stagger mindgames blowing up the fb gap and for 344 to add some mindgames to the stagger.

I would really love to see some change to the bomb but the variation has its use at least.

Good video :)

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
Played a private match against someone I fought in ranked. Excuse the total slop fest (was pretty drunk) Core overload I think is pretty good after a knockdown if you know you're opponent won't do a wakeup. Whatever string into enchanted blade spin seems to be a good option to eat up the timer until the bomb goes off. Kept the rest of the footage because I just love the brutality, lol
Honestly this is what I love about AA. You can do funky shit and because her pressure is really good. It literally paralyzes opponents to the point that you can do a -22 blocked dive kick and the opponent keeps blocking :D

Kindred

Let Be Be Finale Of Seem
The problem is you're talking about avoiding any hits for what, 5 or 6 seconds? (I can't remember) Doesn't sound that difficult until you actually are in the match as that is an eternity in fighting games. And getting hit not by even combos or specials, but by a d1/d3 counter poke and having it nullify your 1 bar freeze attempt can be a huge gamble that you might even be better off not taking altogether. I definitely need more time with the variation but even the greatest players are subject to having wasted a bar to get d3'd out of it too often. Amplified Pirouette Chopper (that's what I'm calling it lol) does a good job of keeping the opponent in blockstun at least, but then you're blowing 2 bars within seconds for a highly unreliable setup.
If I can play devil's advocate here...

The explosion comes after 7 seconds. In 7 seconds half your bar is back so strategically, you should only use this amplified move if you have 2 bars.

With that being said, while the freezing is situational, I see it more as a tool to force the opponent to act. In other words, when core overload is ticking away, their neutral has to change. As they hear the countdown they are forced to sit passively and block or press something to hit you and that's where you can either get a free throw (bonus points if you time it right for the freeze albeit hard) or you go for some safe pressure while keeping in mind that they are looking for any opportunity to attack (if you're against an aggressive opponent. There is potential for something to be done with this move so I see its aspect of extending combos a secondary bonus more than its primary focus.

vegeta

Saiyan Prince
Yea I actually caught that guy a day after I decided to look at this variant. That put the nail in the coffin for me on using it and man am I glad I am. This variant is solid and allows her to finally be less passive all the time

As for core I decided I’d use it more like I use crown in V1. Not really intent to freeze but intent to force a block or an action. If it freezes, cool. But I use it to make something happen.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Yeah this is definitely my favorite frost variation. Seems like a solid middle ground between Ice Machine's damage and Frost-Bytes setups, with a sprinkle of utility from her divekick.

This variation breathed new life into the character for me.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
I'm tempted to pick up Frost when I'm back home from work travel this weekend solely due to this variation looking fun as hell. Yall got any basic tips specifically for Arctic Anarchy?