What's new

Question Aquaman's Worst Matchups??

Flawedzilla

Fraudzilla
Honestly, Aqua has no bad matchups. Doomsdays trait gets blown up by Aquas Trident Rush, Superman can't zone Aqua so is forced to go in. His Parry allows him to take 0 dmg from projectiles so anyone who relies on zoning does not go even with Aqua. In addition Superman is at disadvantage because any of his BNB combos that produce over 30-48% are shut down by Aqua's trait. I would say the only characters that go even with him or can give him a good match are Green Lantern, because he can air him off of one hit, and Killer Frost for the same reasons, still he is even or at slight advantage. So anyone who can air Aqua can give him a good run for his money. Just from my experiences.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Idk, I don't see much that aquaman can do to her, especially when she gets the life lead. His zoning is out of the question, f1 mixups aren't in your favor, and your trait is useless. B1 is pretty good and you can play footsie with that, but other than that, I don't really see how killer frost doesn't win

Killer Frost has horrendous recovery on her Back 2 which gives Aquaman enough time to B12, trait or B12 xx DB1, Trident toss. I will agree that B1 is good for footsies against KF, but maybe its from my own experience that I don't find this matchup the slightest bit of hard. I would agree with the thought that Cyborg being a bad matchup for Aquaman for his quick frames and his corner pressure. I have yet to play a good Raven that does more than B21 spam me and just abuses the trait just because it looks cool.

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
To be honest he is probably 5-5 or better on everything. There might be one or two bad matchups but I can't really think of one. I used to have so much trouble with Batman but I've practice and that matchup might even be slightly in aquamans favor.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
Killer Frost has horrendous recovery on her Back 2 which gives Aquaman enough time to B12, trait or B12 xx DB1, Trident toss. I will agree that B1 is good for footsies against KF, but maybe its from my own experience that I don't find this matchup the slightest bit of hard. I would agree with the thought that Cyborg being a bad matchup for Aquaman for his quick frames and his corner pressure. I have yet to play a good Raven that does more than B21 spam me and just abuses the trait just because it looks cool.
Why are yo worried about her b2 Lmao. No frost uses that

Reptile Orion

A Fire Will Rise.
Ares. Don't sleep on him.
Agreed. I ran across a really good Ares main a few days ago. It took me a few matches to get used to his strings and moves because I rarely see an Ares in my online play.

As far as the worst matchup. Green Lantern can be a pain in the ass (No Batgirl pun intended). When I hit that SOB with a trident scoop into a 30%+ combo I want to blurb out "Beware my Power". :cool:

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
Superman, Green Lantern, and Black Adam.

All can out zone him. They control the upper corner of their side of the screen which can make for an uphill battle. I'm not saying these are no win for Aquaman, but I believe they are the worst matchups for him. Especially Stupidman.

Realy I feel Sinestro now with that buff he's received now, can go toe to toe with Aquaman. He can def. out zone Aqauman from a far and most Aqau players who tries to F1 xx DB1 (poke string) can get destroyed by Sinestro's trait and standing 3.

Why are yo worried about her b2 Lmao. No frost uses that
It's still a tool that can be used as a popup, I'm mostly aware of this as I am too a KF player. Her slide is still punishable on certain moves Aqauman does, and the slide is a huge part *not so much as her parry* of her metagame; midscreen wise.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
I used those words in a plural manner, but i meant to use them in a singular one. I apologize for that but it still stands that at least one person has said that.
the point of my post is that people don't realise just how well black adam does against aquaman.