What's new

Aquaman vs Batman

Hey, can someone explain this match up to me? I heard Aquaman beats Batman but I'm not sure what to do about his neutral jump cross-up kick when I try to wake up. Also, I thought Brady said that the water shield wake up was invincible but he always knocks me out of it. Any tips for this match up would be really appreciated, or if you can point me to a thread that has already gone over this? Thanks

-Lycan Frost

WonderWoman

Amazon
i have seen some crazy batmans out there, he has range and cross ups. you should try to watch some pro's who use him, if you are having trouble. atrocious does have some nasty potential.

i have seen some crazy batmans out there, he has range and cross ups. you should try to watch some pro's who use him, if you are having trouble. atrocious does have some nasty potential.
The pros seem to just keep him off of them as much as possible. They don't wake up very much so thats what I'm confused about. Water shield seems to be something they use a lot instead of wake up.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Stop waking up if he keeps crossing you up. The only time I would wake up is if he is being super respectful for whatever reason then wakeup trident rush. In the neutral, you can beat Batman's jump ins clean, abuse his t-rex arm range with your superior normals, use tentacle strike and water shield to keep him from out zoning you, and Aquaman's trait makes the mechanical bats less terrifying.

Shaikhuzzaman

magicmeerkatman
Hey, can someone explain this match up to me? I heard Aquaman beats Batman but I'm not sure what to do about his neutral jump cross-up kick when I try to wake up. Also, I thought Brady said that the water shield wake up was invincible but he always knocks me out of it. Any tips for this match up would be really appreciated, or if you can point me to a thread that has already gone over this? Thanks

-Lycan Frost
Water shield isn't a very good wakeup it has very little invincibility. If batman jump to d2 you uppercut is most likely going to beat his jump in unless you leave to your late, it has insane vertical and horizontal reach. If batman hits you with his bat's, a jump in, 22, 12 or straight grapple you should trait immediately. You really don't need to wake up to often if they are trying to pressure you on the ground then you could trident rush but even then it can still get stuffed with a well timed attack. Another thing you might want to do is push block for example after you block 12 as it's +4 or before you thing he's going to mb batarang. Pushblocking will also get rid of batman trait

Your trait destroys his (one of the reasons bats loses honestly, cuz not only do you make it easy for yourself to block his hard to blockable setups you nuke his neutral as well cuz now he has no bats). D2 really good for stopping jump 2 from bats. Its hard for for batman to approach you cuz your normals are better than his. And you dont get outzoned.