What's new

Aquaman + Shazam (Captain Marvel) trailers.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I think they both look awesome and I'm pumped.

Aquaman's under water effects look pretty damn good which is what I was worried about and Shazam's trailer is fantastic.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I wanna be excited, I really do. But WB has the best written and beloved characters in all of comics and all they have to do is adapt it to movies. But instead we’ve got Superman who hates life and shoves a Jesus metaphor down your throat 24/7 and misses the entire point of what makes the character so great, a psychotic Batman who has no value for human life and doesn’t follow the most important part of the character and is just another version of the Frank Miller Batman which for some reason people are jizzing over still, and once again misses what makes Batman great. And we just get shit movies like Justice League in the end. WB doesn’t deserve these characters, if these movies turn out to be shit again they need to let these characters die and give the movie rights to people who respect them like the MCU does their heroes.

Gamer68

Fujin!
The Aquaman trailer was kinda all over the place like it was trying to show to much, but I think it looks pretty cool. Black Manta, Mera, and Aquaman himself look perfect. Exactly how I would want them to look on the big screen. Some of the scenes I'm not sure how I feel about, like boy Arthur being casually bullied in an aquarium, and then he goes into shark boy mode. Like what, lol. Overall, in terms of trailers, I would give it a 8/10.

Shazam is perfect. It doesn't even look like a DC movie to me, not even like Wonder Woman. It's just it's own separate thing 100%. No Justice League tie-ins, no dark tones, etc. No scenes stood out to me as being out of place, it's just perfectly Shazam. In terms of trailers, I'm going to say a full 10/10.

I didn't see the Godzilla reboot yet, so I'm not really show what's going on and how I should feel about 2. But I watched it anyway. Some of the shots are very good, I like how they keep using the silhouettes of the monsters in these big mood shots. My favorite thing about it was the use of Clair De Lune, though (the music). That song is just perfect -- and a classic. I would say in terms of trailers, it's an 8/10.

All of it was good, but Shazam was definitely the highlight in my opinion.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Shazam actually looks good. I haven't liked a DC movie since the Dark Knight but this looks like my kind of movie and I'm excited to see it. Weird considering I couldn't give fewer fucks about Shazam.

Aquaman however looks just about how I expected and I am not excited about it. Looks like another boring DC cringefest. Sucks because Aquaman is the only DC hero I like lol.

Jynks

some heroes are born, some made, some wondrous
I'm surprised everyone likes Shazam so much.. I think it looks good but it is clearly made for children. There is nothing wrong with that, I think it is cool that they are making a kids movie like that.. but I find it odd that adults are digging on it so much.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I'm surprised everyone likes Shazam so much.. I think it looks good but it is clearly made for children. There is nothing wrong with that, I think it is cool that they are making a kids movie like that.. but I find it odd that adults are digging on it so much.
It's the same target audience as Spiderman.

I just think the character is great and love to see him, he's always been aimed to be more wholesome and PG then a lot of superheroes.

Swindle

Philanthropist & Asshole
While the Shazam trailer certainly appears to be made for a younger audience, it had a natural charm and believability to its scenes. By contrast, the Aquaman trailer felt too artificial and forced. Ironically, Aquaman came off as something that would probably appeal more to children, while Shazam had more of an inclusive "all ages" vibe to it. IMO, of course.

Jynks

Each to their own I guess.. though Shazam is basically that old Tom hanks film "Big" but with superheroes. There is some GREAT depictions of Captain Marvel in the animated DC stuff. Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam and The Justice League Unlimited episode "Clash".

Still I do not get the Aquaman hate.. I mean the trailer is nearly identical to Black Panther, as that comic was kinda a rip off of aquaman to begin with.

freerf245

11 11 11 11
Each to their own I guess.. though Shazam is basically that old Tom hanks film "Big" but with superheroes. There is some GREAT depictions of Captain Marvel in the animated DC stuff. Superman/Shazam!: The Return of Black Adam and The Justice League Unlimited episode "Clash".

Still I do not get the Aquaman hate.. I mean the trailer is nearly identical to Black Panther, as that comic was kinda a rip off of aquaman to begin with.
Cause the Shazam trailer is the first DC trailer thats made me excited for the movie rather than cringe.

Levaranoia

War God

I don't see black panther and aquaman being anything a like.

Jynks

Hidden Kingdom
A King
Power Struggles for the Crown
Various Factions in the Kingdom represented by different "peoples"
Advanced Technology
Stories of integration with the other governments of earth
Their own mythology

etc etc.

I could go on. Wakanda is basically Atlantis in design. I mean after so many years differences have turned up, but in conception it was a Aquaman rip off.

Should be noted Gorilla City is also pre-dates Wakanda and is also very siular but that is a publicly acknowledged Atlantis copy.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Most superhero movies are made with kids in mind. The only superhero movies that aren’t are movies like Deadpool, Logan, Watchmen, Blade and Kickass. Basically, any superhero movie not rated R are made with kids in mind.

The quality of a movie is irrelevant to who it was made for, tbh. Shazam looks great.

Jynks

I dunno... Shazam looks like the Percy Jackson or something. There is a difference in my mind with something for children and family entertainment. This trailer makes it look like the kind of thing Nickelodeon would make,

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
I don't care what the haters say, Aquaman looks very, very promising and Shazam looks a lot better than expected. I think we all know Godzilla is going to own, already looks better than the first one which did very well in it's own right. What I love about DC films and shows is they don't always have kids in mind unlike Marvel, Shazam is known for cracking corny jokes and being a wiseass because he's a kid.

I just want to add that Constantine, BVS, WW, V are also comic films not exactly kiddy. I'm having a hard time seeing why some folks on the net are hating on Shazam when I bet those same people flocked to see GOTG which is beyond kiddy in execution and riddled with cheesy jokes. If people can enjoy a movie with a dancing tree and a wiseass raccoon I think Shazam should be fine.

Jynks

To be clear I am not saying Shazam is going to be bad. I'm just saying it appears to be aimed at children.

Yeah, I think Aquaman looks frick'n awesome. I have zero problems with that trailer.

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Why, because it has children actors? Was Pennywise for kids? Of course Shazam's setting is going to be schoolyard, it's about Billy Batson, that doesn't mean it's going to be DC Universe's Minions lol. Film looks exceptional from that trailer and I'm incredibly encouraged by it

Last edited:

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
This guy and one other do this stupid thing where they constantly make this claim that every Marvel character is a rip off of DC, and make massive reaches to say so, and then just leave the thread when you counter it with logic. He'll do it here and he'll do it again in another thread to come, they favor a repetition over substance approach.

This is the same guy who said Gwenpool is a Harley clone which has so many levels of nonsensical irony that it's just delicious. Also Captain America is a Superman clone because, and I quote "Capitan America is the all round nice guy and all American symbol who is the guy that always dose what is morally correct and right". But thinks this fella from well before the time of Aquaman has only "limited similarities", but Black Panther is apparently an Aquaman rip off now. You won't find logic here.

Last edited:

Cursa

Counterpoke with armoured DB2 at all times.
I like the Aquaman one better but I think the Shazam one will be more of a favourite

HeroesNZ

Baconlord's Billionaire Sugar Daddy
The Shazam series alone could carry DC for a good 6 years or so. This movie looks crazy good, then you've potentially got The Rock's Black Adam solo movie and finally the two can face off in a third movie.

Aquaman looks good too, very vibrant and colourful which is great. But Shazam stole the show personally.

Things are all of a sudden looking very good for DC, what with WW84 coming out too which I'm sure will be a huge hit with Gal Gadot as WoWo. I'm glad cos Marvel's great but I grew up with DC

Jynks

Things are all of a sudden looking very good for DC, what with WW84 coming out too which I'm sure will be a huge hit with Gal Gadot as WoWo.
yeah.. lot of potential incoming for WB. If they have a lick of sense they would hire James Gunn immediately and put him onto Doom Patrol or Legion of Heroes or something and sit back and collect cash! For those that do not know. Disney fired James Gunn from Guardians of the Galaxy 3,

Future is looking bright at the moment for WB for sure. I'm also super excited for the Monster Verse.