What's new

Match-up Discussion Aquaman Matchup Discussion

Syknis

King of the Kiddie Pool
I wanna ask something about the WW match up. If I know for sure that she's gonna do b2 into lasso, what should I do to beat it out ? i dont think f2 is good in this situation, but I'm not sure
Walk back? Mbb3? Think of something to make wowo think so you can play yourgame

Drizzle

Jump and shoot.
I wanna ask something about the WW match up. If I know for sure that she's gonna do b2 into lasso, what should I do to beat it out ? i dont think f2 is good in this situation, but I'm not sure
From point blank you can punish lasso grab with b12 and from a little further out, f2. If you're just reading the b2~lasso is coming then MB b3.

Last edited:

Espio

Kokomo
Advice on HG and MMH matchup?

Your jump normals are good for hitting Hawkgirl out of flight, try to catch Hawkgirl on the way down from flight since trait does not last forever and must be refreshed at some point, even if she blocks your from the deep in time, you still get chip, which is better than nothing.

Your jump normals are good for knocking her out of mace charge and wing evade. Water shield repels mace toss zoning.

You play way too lame without a lifelead. This was a recurring issue when we played earlier today, you kept trying to trade zoning versus Martian when there was a gray bar life lead deficit and it cost you the matches. Overhead teleport can cross up on hard knockdown set ups in particular so learn those. 1,1,2 has a low while in trait, which is great for blowing up walk back. You also jump too much, I mostly was able to let you hang yourself on stuff like that

Use trident rush after blocked teleport to chip Martian Manhunter out. Back 3's of both characters are plus so most times unless I do something quite slow, you'll lose and be punished by both my characters and you were very predictable with your post blocked back 3 game and did down 2 every single time, no back dashes, just blocking or armor were used to keep me guessing.

Stop dashing around so much as all that really does is make it easier to blow up your movement.

If you have specific questions, let me know. That's just mostly general advice.

Appreciate the feed back @Espio

How else should I approach MMH? I mean I can walk you down. And you're seriously probably the second or third HG I've ever played so way behind on what to do against her.

Would like to do more games sometime. Try to put your feedback into practice.

The post back 3 game is a very bad habit. A lot of times the people I play will try to jump after B3. Just of those things I do without thinking. Will work on that as well.

Another thing was I wasn't respecting your wakeups. Will work on that as well.

Espio

Kokomo
Appreciate the feed back @Espio

How else should I approach MMH? I mean I can walk you down. And you're seriously probably the second or third HG I've ever played so way behind on what to do against her.

Would like to do more games sometime. Try to put your feedback into practice.
The best thing I can show you is a top Aquaman rep versus two top Martian reps. Patience is a huge key as well.

Theo versus Jupiter

Theo versus Dab

Great display of how to optimally play the match up from Aquaman's perspective, shows it a lot better than I can write it and it's actual real games.

I'm willing to play whenever, I'm always down to help people level up and get better :).

The post back 3 game is a very bad habit. A lot of times the people I play will try to jump after B3. Just of those things I do without thinking. Will work on that as well.

Another thing was I wasn't respecting your wakeups. Will work on that as well.
I mostly focused on telling you general/non-match up related points because that was a huge part of me beating you, letting you hang yourself and lack of adapting your play to what I was doing.

Good luck, I look forward to your progress :).