What's new

Video/Tutorial Aquaman is not as safe as you think -- Defending against Aquaman

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
I recorded some videos just showing what specials can easily punish Aquaman's tools.

There are a lot more and a bunch of normals that do a better job for more damage, but it is considerably harder to show that. These are just some examples:

Also could they have made the Flashpoint skin any uglier? =[

EDIT:

New video 5/7/13

Here I made a new video, Shazam:

also the process of punishing Trident Rush is really weird, so I created a 2nd video:

Last edited by a moderator:

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Yeah the flash aquaman matchup is interesting because of the ability to punish. I wonder how many characters can punish trident rush

I am gonna be doing some experimenting with bane vs aquaman once i get home. Ill be sure to post my findings as far as punishment goes.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

killa_solid

Friendly--foe
EGP Wonder_Chef dont forget about his trait. In the superman mu or any other mu where his moves can be punished you can take the risk and immediately activate and be safe, only getting hit with a single hit. This kinda makes the fact that his moves are punishable less of a factor. His trait recharges relatively fast too.

Dizzy

False Information Police Officer
Premium Supporter
NetherRealm Studios
Nice, now I can point to this thread Chef. I've been posting in every thread about how to punish aquaman but no one seemed to care. People need vids nowadays :(

Also, aquaman is definitely top, don't be a downplayer chef. If you know what's punishable you don't have to do it. Just because he loses to superman doesn't mean he doesn't beat most of the cast (for now at least)

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
Another thing... b2 is special cancelable, so depending on the range you could make it safe with trident rush. Or maybe even a water shield, depending on what your opponent is punishing with.

EGP Wonder_Chef

Official Quan Chi Nerf Demander™
Nice, now I can point to this thread Chef. I've been posting in every thread about how to punish aquaman but no one seemed to care. People need vids nowadays :(

Also, aquaman is definitely top, don't be a downplayer chef. If you know what's punishable you don't have to do it. Just because he loses to superman doesn't mean he doesn't beat most of the cast (for now at least)
I'm not being a downplayer. Against chars like Raven, Deathstroke, and Flash he can't zone safely at all. That means he has to rush down too, but that isn't safe either.

He definitely beats a lot of characters, but when you have to play such a different game against so many of the cast, I feel like it's hard to say that he's top. Especially when there are characters like Superman and Nightwing are around.