What's new

April USA UMK3 Tournament (PSN) - CANCELLED

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Cancelled due to lack of interest

Please note - this is a USA PS3 only tournament. Matches must be played on MKAK for PS3.

CHAT ROOM
When you enter the chatroom, do the following:
1. Enter your username
2. Wait for the room to load.
3. Once room appears, enter the following text (without quotes) then hit enter.
"/join #MK2"

RULES
  • All matches are best of 5 (first to 3.) You do not need to play all 5 games if one player has already accumulated 3 wins.Winner/Loser finals are best of 7. The championship match will be best of 9.
  • Double elimination
  • All participants will need to access the TYM Chat during tournament play to report their match scores and setup their games with opponents. If you cannot access the TYM Chat during tourney play, you cannot enter the tournament.
  • You, yourself, must post in this thread and declare your entry to the tournament. Do not message me through PM, AIM, PSN, or through someone else. By posting your intent to enter in this thread, it shows you are a TYM member and you will check the thread for updates rather than relying on us to tell you.
  • All entrants are responsible for checking this thread regularly for updates; including dates, times, and match brackets. We will not send out reminders to participants.
  • If connection breaks then both players must restart the match with the same characters (prior round win is omitted). If the breaking connection is suspicious like breaking right before a victory then the player has a right to report it.
  • In the case of lag, keep trying. If after a few tries the connection is not good, please report back to the chat room IMMEDIATELY and a new matchup may be made for you with another opponent. Bear in mind this applies to first round matches.
  • You are permitted to quit on account of lag after the first match if it is really unplayable without being faulted (after the 2nd match is started you must continue the rest of your remaining matches even if lag begins to creep in.) You must notify your opponent you are quitting due to lag and must report this ASAP in the chat room in order to get a new opponent. Otherwise, you may both be disqualified. Therefore it is best to play early in case you may need to swap opponents as there may be no available opponents left if all matchups have been played. This lag exception ONLY applies to first round matches. All subsequent rounds MUST be played regardless of lag.
  • If you have been previously banned from the Kombat Network, you are not permitted to enter the tournament.
DISQUALIFICATIONS
  • All participants will have a 10 minute grace period to show up in the chat room for the start of the tournament. If the player has not arrived by that time, they will be disqualified.
  • Failing to post score results of a match in the chat, voluntarily quitting in the middle of a match or at any time in the tournament, any sort of suspicious activity (impersonation, ban evasion, etc), or anything else deemed inappropriate or unsportsmanlike is grounds for disqualification. The staff reserves the right to disqualify a player with or without notice at any time.
  • If a player is DQ'ed then a reserve will be used. If there is no reserve then the player will receive a bye.
One last thing: Video recordings are not required, but definitely appreciated!

BRACKET LINK
(Will be posted once signups close)

SIGNUPS (minimum of 8 players required)
1. AREZ God of War
2. Diablo666
3. MIKECALDWELL
4. DemoniChris
5. DCIguy

RESERVES

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
DCIguy Sign me up please. I have a xbox as well, so I'm down for both if they happen. I don't have the 06 version of UMK3 tho.
Done. If I get at least 4 people who say they would like an XBL exclusive tourney, I will hold one for those players too. So far I have 2 players.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Im in for XBL 06. I can probably get 7-8 more to enter. do they need to be registered on this site?
Yes, anybody who wants to play in an online tournament needs to be a registered member of the site. I'll create the XBL thread right now.

I'm trying to invite people up but they don't seem interested at all :(
Invited everybody on my f list( i only add people on my lvl) yet nobody has entered wtf lol

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
I invited a couple people, including a guy named Opulus-23 (U-Sub player.) Hopefully he joins up.

This blows. Between the XBL and PSN UMK3 tournies, I was hoping this one was gonna happen bc at least my moves come out with the ps controller. This doesn't look good tho. Hopefully we get a last minute surge of interest.

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Made myself an actual player. We need 3 more players by Friday night or this tourney is cancelled.

Don't mean to be annoying about this, but why the USA only rule? If this is just a friendly tournament, with no prizes or any fame up for grabs, why not let others play? Someone might lose due to lag, but that person will know that and shouldn't really feel cheated because it is just for fun. Just my 2 cents. :)

MKB

Forum General Emeritus
Don't mean to be annoying about this, but why the USA only rule? If this is just a friendly tournament, with no prizes or any fame up for grabs, why not let others play? Someone might lose due to lag, but that person will know that and shouldn't really feel cheated because it is just for fun. Just my 2 cents. :)
One word = lag

The lag can get so bad at times that it makes the game unplayable, which takes the fun out of it.