What's new

[April 3-5, 2020] Cincinnati Kombat Klassic UMK3, MK2, MK Trilogy (Arcade Legacy)

[April 3-5, 2020] Cincinnati Kombat Klassic UMK3, MK2, MK Trilogy (Arcade Legacy)
Posted by tehdrewsus
Arcade Legacy 662 Cincinnati Mills Drive, Cincinnati, OH 45240
Friday, April 3, 2020 - 05:00 PM
Until: Sunday, April 5, 2020 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: America/New_York)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: America/New_York

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates

Presenting the 5th Annual Cincinnati Kombat Klassic!

Held at Arcade Legacy in Cincinnati Ohio, April 3-5, 2020.

Tournaments for UMK3, MK Trilogy (N64) and MK2!

Hosted at Arcade Legacy by @tehdrewsus and NYCFurby of Team Sp00ky!

$10 venue fee, good for Saturday and Sunday.
Events entry:
$10 - UMK3 1v1
$5 UMK3 2v2 teams ($5 each player)
$5 MK Trilogy 3v3
$5 MK2
Free Entry: MK2+ 2v2 Tag, UMK3+ 2v2 Tag - both Exhibitions

Casuals as well and access to 70+ arcade machines on free play at Venue!

We look forward to the biggest turnout yet! Last year we had 31 total players across all events, and over 80 total entries. 26 for the Main UMK3 event!!

Prize Money: These numbers are likely to rise as we have event sponsors as well as crowd funding through Matcherino.
$800+ for UMK3 1v1 main event
65/35 2nd Third place entries

$100+ UMK3 2v2 Teams per player
65/35 2nd third place entries

$100+ MK Trilogy
65/35 2nd third place entries

$200+ MK2
65/35 second third place entries

Schedule:
April 3 - Casuals, Catch Up, Meet and Greet - 5PM til ?? Location: McLov1ns house (PM for info)

April 4 -
12 PM UMK3 1v1 Main Event
6 PM MK Trilogy N64 (3v3)
9 PM MK2+ 2v2 Tag (Exhibition)

April 5 -
12 PM UMK3 2v2 Teams
4 PM MK2
8 PM UMK3+ 2v2 Tag (Exhibition)

Bring your own controller! We may have extras but no guarantees. If you have a 3rd party controller, BRING A FLASH DRIVE WITH DRIVERS TO INSTALL!!

Tournament Rules:
ALL NON EXHIBITION EVENTS:
Winner is Character Locked. Bring your own controller! We may have extras but no guarantees. If you have a 3rd party controller, BRING A FLASH DRIVE WITH DRIVERS TO INSTALL!!

UMK3 Events (non exhibition):
Noob Saibot is banned
Played on UMK3+ Public Beta 1 on MAME - Gameplay is identical to UMK3 revision 1.2

MK Trilogy (N64):
Winner is roster locked, but may change order of 3 character lineup. Example: Player wins with Scorpion, Sub Zero, and Ermac. Must pick same characters next match, but may pick in any order.

UMK3 2v2 Teams:
Winners are character locked but may swap order. Player 1 (H smoke) and Player 2 (Sindel) must pick the same characters, but EITHER PLAYER may select their character first in lineup.

MK2:
Played on MK2+ Public Beta 2 - NO ADDITIONAL GAMEPLAY OPTIONS, Gameplay identical to Revision L3.1
MK2+ 2v2 TAG TEAM: ALL ADDITIONAL MOVES/FEATURES ON

UMK3+ TAG TEAM:
Rain and Noob Saibot are legal

TOURNAMENT FORMAT:

UMK3 1V1 (MAIN EVENT):

Pool Play - 4 pools round robin
2/3 or 3/5 matches TBD
Cut to Top 12:
Top 8 - 1st and 2nd place in each pool
Next 4 - 3rd place finisher in each pool, START IN LOSERS BRACKET
From here, Double Elimination - 3 out of 5, 4 out of 7 Winners/Losers/Grand Finals

UMK3 2v2 Teams:
Double Elimination - 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 winners/losers/grand finals

MK Trilogy N64:
Pool Play - 4 pools round robin
2/3 matches
Cut to Top 12:
Top 8 - 1st and 2nd place in each pool
Next 4 - 3rd place finisher in each pool, START IN LOSERS BRACKET
From here, Double Elimination - 2 out of 3, 3 out of 5 winners losers/grand finals

MK2:
Double Elimination
3 out of 5, winners/losers/grand finals 4 out of 7

EXHIBITIONS:
Double Elimination
2 out of 3, winners/losers/grand finals 3 out of 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

Comments

Also, I know drew mentioned it, but this event is being streamed by Arturo aka Nycfurby of TeamSp00ky! Should bring some great exposure! Also, apparently several international players are making the trip!

Oh, and me and @NoDoubt are teams partners! ;)

Also, I know drew mentioned it, but this event is being streamed by Arturo aka Nycfurby of TeamSp00ky! Should bring some great exposure! Also, apparently several international players are making the trip!

Oh, and me and @NoDoubt are teams partners! ;)
Well, using some of his gear, he and his crew will be helping make this huge ! Still our commentators and all that. Multi streams for Mass exposure!

I definitely am entering the UMK3 and MKT events. But, not sure about MK2. I suck at MK2. If there’s enough interest I’ll join just for the support tho.

In addition to international players coming to this event, there’s rumors that the legend Crazy Dominican himself will be at this tournament. It seems like a lot of the classic MK legends are trying to make this event. This should be a great event to attend and to spectate!

Just for a reminder, both Drew and Arturo will be streaming the event. Check out their streams here:

Arturo aka Sabin:

Drew:

Event postponed @Juggs Hopefully to reschedule in October.

View attachment 16673
Unfortunate but nothing you can do. Situation was out of your hands (that you should be washing!)

The only really bad part other than no offline classic MK is non refundable flights. Delta is allowing free rescheduling but since it’s so far out and the specific date is unknown, not sure if it can be done. I actually was really looking forward to putting on a show for everyone that is stuck inside. But we will live to fight to the death another day!