What's new

[April 25, 2015] MID-ATLANTIC KOMBAT: REUNION (Reston, VA) $500 Pot Bonus for MKX

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
MAK. What does it stand for? To some, it's a contest of skill, a means to test their mettle against the other kompetitors in the region and beyond. To many, it's a loyal kommunity brought together by their passion and shared desire to improve and elevate. But to those who lived it, who truly experienced it, it's more than another contest. Month after month players would amass in Northern Virginia from as far as New York and North Carolina to compete, celebrate and bond over a shared love. Engraving every hype moment in their memory for years to come.

Moments like LionHeart defeating Eazail to become the first Kahn. Watching Lulzluo's rise from an 0-2 player to a Grand Finals winner. Maxter defeating the indomitable REO for a flight to Vegas. SwiftTomHank's epic 10 round bout with the distinguished TomBrady. Insuperable's legendary come from behind victory!

And when not competing we could often be found partying together. From SWBeta showing off his impressive break dance skills to watching CD Jr learn how to use chopsticks for the first time. From the swimming and diving competitions at the pool parties to watching UFC-158 together in the theater. MAK is more than a competition, it is the family bond that brings people together.

Well Mid-Atlantic Kombat and VA Tekken Rage are back at it! Come join us in this Reunion to kick off a whole new exciting era for Mortal Kombat and Tekken players alike! There will be hype. There will be salt. There will be pool parties, Korean BBQ and plenty of competition! Come on out and join us on the journey.

Who?

Hosted and run by Digital Professional Sports (formerly Mid-Atlantic Kombat) in association with Top of the Food Chain and The Common Wealth.

Stream - http://www.twitch.tv/digitalprosports

What?

MKX on PS4 with a $500 pot bonus!
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on PS3 with a $100 pot bonus!

Double elimination
Best of 3 for all rounds except finals
Best of 5 for Winners/Losers/Grand finals

Pot will be split 60% / 30% / 10%

MKX will have character and variation lock for winner​

When?

April 25th, 2015

12:00pm - Doors open
2:00pm - Tekken starts
4:00pm - MK starts
10:00pm - Doors close​

Where?

Sheraton Reston Hotel
11810 Sunrise Valley Dr
Reston VA, 20191

1 Mile away from the Reston Metro Station
HOTEL OFFERS FREE SHUTTLE SERVICE TO/FROM THE METRO STOP!

How Much?

Entry Fee: $10
Game Fee: $10​

Last edited:

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Why isn't there more hype for this? Doesn't anyone remember MK9 days with MAK?
I think that has more to do with the fact that we posted it at midnight, we've already caught wind of a van coming down from the North and a bevy of people coming up from the South. =) I'll let those players speak on their own behalf though.

Hope you can make it out Zyphox! Help us kick off MKX right!

Creepy00

Noob
A 20 min drive from where I live? Yes please! You can count me in attending and repping Subzero for sure!

I will see if I can convince my friends to come to the event. They aren't the best in fighting games, but more numbers would do.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Just found out the hotel offers free shuttle service to/from the Reston metro station!

OP updated

edit: wait a minute. this isn't an april fools thing right?
Blackula pointed that out to me after I made the post, didn't even think about that. XD No sir, it is not an April fools joke. =)

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
@N0rdicNinja
What's the deadline for MKX registration? I'm considering it, but I REALLY hate the DS4 and constantly drop things...but I still have an urge to compete and see what happens.

Last edited:

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
I kinda wanna go for the casuals... But I play this game on xbox one and hate the DS4 pad as well.

I know everyone is on ps4 but I play KI3 and refuse to play on an inferior console.