What's new

[Apr 2, 2016] Hypespotting V: MKXL Cup Qualifier (Glasgow UK)

Tim Static

Adminerator
Hypespotting V will be hosting the UK heat of the Mortal Kombat XL Cup! Take part in the MK:XL tournament at the main event this April for your chance to win a share of this massive £10,000 minimum cash prize pot!

Looking to secure your entry now? Simply visit: http://www.hypespotting.co.uk/registration & check out all the info about the event here: http://www.hypespotting.co.uk/

The winner of the tournament will not only win the top cash prize, but also travel and accommodation to take part in the European Mortal Kombat XL Cup (Date TBC).

Win the European Final in Paris and you will then secure your travel and accommodation to the World’s biggest stage for fighting games – Evolution 2016!

Take your place at Hypespotting V and start your journey to Mortal Kombat XL Cup glory!

The prize pot allocations are below:

1st place
£4,500

2nd place
£2,200

3rd place
£1,400

4th place
£800

5th place
£400

7th place
£150

More info as it's made known! Stay tuned!!

MKXL_Cup_banner.png

Attachments

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
WHAT THE HOLY HELL

Wait so the MKX tournament at Hypespotting this year IS the MKXL Cup qualifier? In that case you might want to change the title to Hypespotting V or HSV/MKXL Cup Qualifier since it's at Hypespotting

Tim Static

Adminerator
WHAT THE HOLY HELL

Wait so the MKX tournament at Hypespotting this year IS the MKXL Cup qualifier? In that case you might want to change the title to Hypespotting V or HSV/MKXL Cup Qualifier since it's at Hypespotting
Cool, thanks. Keep me updated with any changes or new info to add to this please. I couldn't find any times, so as of now, the event starts at noon Saturday & ends Sunday night at midnight.

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
I didnt buy my ermac skin to give it to you filthy fucking Europeans.

(I bought it to pay for sonic fox's tuition)

Youphemism

Cool, thanks. Keep me updated with any changes or new info to add to this please. I couldn't find any times, so as of now, the event starts at noon Saturday & ends Sunday night at midnight.
Starts at 10am on Saturday 2nd and finishes at 9pm on Sunday 3rd I believe.

Scott The Scot

Where there is smoke, there is cancer.
Daaaamn that pot is really spread amongst those people. I might actually have a shot of making some money outta this game lol. Noice...

st9rm

viennality.com
awesome stuff!
eu getting the recognition it deserves

i guess i have to change the viennality thread name as well now :)

JTB123

>>R2 - BF4 = Unblockable.
If I can get the time off work I'll be down for this. Anyone looking to travel from the Nottingham area via train should check out tickets now as they are very very reasonable.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Yooo this is dope!!!

Can anyone tell me when and where this whole MKXL cup thing started? And is it hosted by NRS??

Youphemism

awesome stuff!
eu getting the recognition it deserves

i guess i have to change the viennality thread name as well now :)
Is Viennality going to be an MKXL Cup spot too? :O
Yooo this is dope!!!

Can anyone tell me when and where this whole MKXL cup thing started? And is it hosted by NRS??
Looks like this is also the announcement of the MKXL Cup! It's part NRS part whatever company the Cup spot will take place in :)

There was an MK Cup back at the release of MKX that had spots all over Europe, in the UK there were 4 spots: one in Glasgow, Scotland (which is where Hypespotting is) which was only 4 days after the release of the game -_-, and the other three were in England in Manchester, Birmingham and London. The UK finals also took place in London and the winner of that represented the UK at the European Finals of the MK cup where the winners of the Cup spots in places like Italy and Austria and Sweden also were to determine the European MK Cup champion. Fun fact: F0xy actually came 2nd in the UK finals and a Spec Ops Cassie player called ED | Aixy ended up going to represent the UK, F0xy went over to Dreamhack in Sweden and won that so he was actually at the European finals representing Sweden :D You can read a little bit more about what happened here as well as the countries who took had spots and took part in the finals: http://cup.mortalkombat.com/european-final/final/

Youphemism

:D are you coming to vienna man?

i really wanna go to hypespotting, but the flight connection are just abysmal X_X
Yes I will be!

BOOOOO JUST DOO IIIIITT, I'll have to make the same connections to get to Viennality ;)

st9rm

viennality.com
Yes I will be!

BOOOOO JUST DOO IIIIITT, I'll have to make the same connections to get to Viennality ;)
i guess there's no way around that ;)

how long is your flight back to glasgow man?
because with stop over and stuff, one way takes me like 5-20h to get there, depending on the flight

Youphemism

i guess there's no way around that ;)

how long is your flight back to glasgow man?
because with stop over and stuff, one way takes me like 5-20h to get there, depending on the flight
Uh I think it's about 5/6 hours in total but 2/3 of those hours are waiting for my flight at my connection at Amsterdam. I don't mind, means I can get something to eat :coffee: there are other flights that are like 20 hours but I just looked for one that suited the times I could leave/get there/get back :)

Oh also is anything happening on the sunday or are people just heading home?