What's new

[Apr 14, 2012] Flawless Victory (Fairfax, VA)

SWBeta

TYMCP 1 and 2 Creator
NOTE: REGISTRATION CUT OFF TIME IS 1:30PM

The venue and other things (Extra Info Section) have changed so please read all of the information below. VERY CAREFULLY.

WHERE:
George Mason University
Student Union Building I, Room 3B
4400 University Drive, Fairfax, Virginia 22030 - Google Directions to Parking Lot A

PARKING AND METRO:
Parking
Please park at Lot A if possible. If Lot A is full, the other free parking lots are K, L, J, and C. Below are map images to help you find the lots.

Braddock/Rt.123
Braddock/Roberts

Metro
Get to VIENNA METRO STATION and go to the NORTH exit and a mason shuttle should arrive near the parking deck every 30 minutes. "METRO TO MASON"

For more detailed instructions, check out this website provided by GMU.

TOURNAMENT RULES
1v1 Double Elimination 70/20/10 (or 80/20/00 depending on turnout) ; FT2 (Best 2 of 3 Matches)

Entry Fee = $10 per person
Venue Fee = $10 per person
Mason Student = $4 discount (Must have valid Student ID)
Bring Setup (PS3+MK9)* = $5 discount
Parking = Free

*Must notify us prior to tournament date; First come, first serve basis (Number of people we need to bring setups is limited, so let us know asap if you're bringing a setup)

EXHIBITION MATCHES
- Salty Run-Back MD vs VA region match???

KLASH 4 KAHN
Lion Heart (The Kahn) vs ????
The name of the challenger will be kept secret until the match itself is announced at Flawless Victory. So how is the challenger going to be decided? We need your votes! To cast your vote send an E-Mail titled “K4K” to [email protected] with your handle as the subject and the name of someone other then yourself in the currently registered/RSVP'd list that you would like to see compete at Flawless Victory. If you yourself are a currently registered player the act of sending in a vote will also count as a vote for yourself.

Example
Subject: Your Handle
Vote – JoeSmith

Match Rules
The match will be a FT5 with only the loser of a round allowed to switch characters per normal competitive rules. The stage will be Kahn’s Arena.

Prize
The winner of the fight, henceforth known as the Kahn of MAK, will receive $100 and will automatically be selected as one of the competitors in the next showdown where their competition will once again be voted upon. If the Kahn is unable to make the next event both competitors will once again be left up to vote.

No money required to participate.

EXTRA INFO
- As always, we will order pizza and drinks
- ASUS Monitors at every station
- AT LEAST 5 PS3 setups for MK9
- Two wired 360 controller converters
- Camera Crew will be present!
- MK Gals are returning, with friends!
- Possible 2nd Round Table Discussion on the MK Community

Questions? Please PM SWBeta or N0rdicNinja or email us at [email protected].

RSVP ABOVE

Tim Static

Adminerator
That really sucks its the same weekend as an Evo qualifier for MK9 so close by....

is there ANY way you can change the date? I already have been and will be trying to pull all the big names in the area to that event. man this sucks. :(

ps- also, that sig is ginormous. please resize it at 460x160 please.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
Not without changing the venue or pushing the date much further in the future. Our parent group secures the venues and we work with what's available. This particular venue was secured about 4 months ago so our options are limited.... =\

Korpse

PTH | Korpse
damn sucks it happens on the day of power-up, if we get more to come to us, then powerup wont have alot of MK entrants and then we get to hear the whole "MK9 SCENE IS DEAD HURRRR DURRRRR I ONLY PLAY CAPCOM FIGHTERS SO THIS I KNOW DERP" but if they all go to power-up then there wont be that many at our event, sucks we couldn't get a better date, but hey you have to play the cards you are dealt and i KNOW we will make this event huge (if anyone mis-translates my paragraph here you should feel ashamed of yourself)

rev0lver

Come On Die Young
hold on... didn't you guys say you have a smaller tekken event planned in march? switch?

if nothing can be done about it, believe me, i will not let powerup overshadow it. they can both coexist with good turnouts.

Tim Static

Adminerator
Lets just move on. Sorry i brought it up. I want the best for both events, and i will do what i can to ensure that too.

N0rdicNinja

Digital Pro Sports
They do have a room reserved for march, the problem is pretty much our entire support team can't make that weekend which is why we didn't go with it when originally planning the dates.

Edit:

No problem Tim, in honesty we should have looked up the dates of the other tourneys before jumping on the April date. It didn't even occur to me personally until the beginning of this month when Power Up was.

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Ok, you know what I'm going to do.

Total Entrants: 15 (2 possible)

--SOVA--
Blackula
Curse
Immortal Skillit
Vegeta

--NOVA--
NordicNinja
Korpse
Enforcer

--RVA--
Chronos (Possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Citizen Snips
Eazail

--PA--
Revolver
SwiftTomHanks

--NC--
Death

--SC--
SonGohanX (possible)

Blackula

I SEE EVERYTHING!
Total Entrants: 19 (3 possible)

--SOVA--
Blackula
Curse
Immortal Skillit
Vegeta

--NOVA--
NordicNinja
Korpse
Enforcer
Creepy00
BeatDownMao88

--RVA--
TBA (he doesn't know what name he wants to use)
Chronos (Possible)

--MD--
SWBeta
Citizen Snips
Eazail

--PA--
Revolver
SwiftTomHanks

--NC--
Death

--SC--
SonGohanX (possible)

--NY--
Hitoshura (possible)

Lulzlou

Noob
I'll be there. Hopefully I'll do better than the last one. I found a controller I am comfortable with and I fixed a lot of the things I was doing wrong so maybe I can place a bit higher.

Trying to find more meets ups though; the ones that aren't too far away from my location. Waiting every til every wednesday night isn't doing it for me lol. Once my car situation is fixed, I don't mind how far I have to drive.