What's new

anything new?

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police
Hey guys,

Since this forum is pretty much dead... Just wondering if anyone has come up with any new tactics or tech or anything worth discussing?

Just thought I'd check =P

Yoaks

A spaceman
I've been working more on my spacing and such than looking for tech.

I do at times have a random idea when I'm playing and do something completely wacky.

I did try to find something we can do to blowup some wu's like Superman's and MMH.

I've had trouble confirming b1 xx toss after a low pump. So what I;ve experimented with was after a low pump shot *traited* I jump forward and do an air normal ji1 or ji2.

Ji1 avoids all of Supemans wakeups/stuffs some. If Superman does Rising Grab or Flying Punch. Lobo will avoid both and could punish both with either Low Hook or Hook Charge. A well timed ji1 will stuff Flying Punch.

So this is basically a Safe-Jump against Superman. But it only seems to work well against Supes. Everyone else seems to have a wakeup that beats this.

It's also dependent on if Supes blocks say 113 or 21 but than gets hit by Low Pump. If he gets hit, he ends up were this will work, but he blocks the 113 or 21 but gets hit, the "safe jump" isn't very effective.

It's been awhile since I tried this. So I'm gonna look into it more.

Decay

King of the Bill
I have been playing with this grab set up after a back 3 to keep it unclashable, I wiff a jump 3 to make the opponent's brain signal to hold forward and meter burn, then I instantly grab when I land. It's a gimmick but it's fun. I used it in summer jam. I'll link the video here:

It's exactly at 19:05

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I have been playing with this grab set up after a back 3 to keep it unclashable, I wiff a jump 3 to make the opponent's brain signal to hold forward and meter burn, then I instantly grab when I land. It's a gimmick but it's fun. I used it in summer jam. I'll link the video here:

No silly, like the commentator said you "missed the jump 3" :DOGE

Chaosphere

The Free Meter Police

lol nice decay. I've done that before, although not on purpose... where I actually did whiff the j3 on accident and went into "holy shit I better do a grab" and it's worked. But I didn't think about it like that. Might play around wif dat.

Lately I've been taking a huge liking to 3~mb pump shot as a whiff punisher if I have a life lead. I've been doing a lot of predicting when opponents will try to get in on me... and when they try to get in they make themselves vulnerable to the 3. It's 34%.