What's new

Anyone else use different control settings for different characters?

Matix218

Get over here!
Does anyone else use different coltrols settings depending on which character you are using?

As an example, I use "release check on" when using reborn scorpion specifically because it makes the jk~teleport part of his max damage bnb easier but I use "release check off" when I play seeing double Noob because if I dont everytime I go for b1~amp slide I get b1~ spiritball instead.

Just curious if I am the only one who switches my control settings around.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Yep, I thought I was the only one who did this XD

I put release check on when playing Cassie, it makes doing her 111 into low gunshots way less cancerous. When I play Kano I put it off because it feels more responsive when doing the command grabs. And I also have trouble doing D1 Kano Ball with it on.

Same for Shao. If I have release check on I get the spear cancel instead of the shoulder charge, which sucks when you're right in the opponent's face.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I've never experimented with Release Check like you and V but I do change other controls.

When I play Ancestral Gift Nightwolf I have:
Input window : long
And Easy Inputs on (makes Ticks easier)

But when I use Cassie or Liu Kang I have:
- Input Window: Medium
Everything off but:
  • KB hold and
  • Easy Inputs Off
If I have Easy Inputs on stuff will come out that I didn't intend.

BecomingDeath13

"You won't winter over?" Who the fuck wrote that?
I actually do not. I leave everything off except for:
Krush hold check on.

This isn't an mk thing I do, but an unusual thing I do with fighters that use qcb, hcf type inputs
I play the neutral with the dpad, but I jump to the analog stick to flick specials and back to the dpad.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I have my lagswitch on the left trigger for Geras and on the right trigger for Erron. Don't need one for Cetrion because she doesn't require a brain to win with and for Liu, he just wins.