What's new

Anyone else thinks Destruction Orb is what trait shoulda been the whole time?

SixPathsOfHate

Make triple skulls input BDF or DF Hold F
I mean, its better than Beta strike/bomb in almost every way besides the speed but that can be good or bad depending on the situation. It is +132 on block and can be safely canceled into with b12/f23/11/23/d1/df1. It launches when meter burned and looks so Brainiac.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
I don't have it yet, is this the one that's the drone from his ship? Or is it the orbital laser?

I will say though that I adore his trait, to me it's what makes the character really fun.

SixPathsOfHate

I don't have it yet, is this the one that's the drone from his ship? Or is it the orbital laser?

I will say though that I adore his trait, to me it's what makes the character really fun.
small drone that shoots a laser that targets the opponent.
  1. Doesnt go away on block and is fast enough to catch floaty(ish) jumps.
  2. Makes most of his normals safe from what I am seeing, tested against another brainiac.
  3. +132 on block (doesnt seem like 132 tho but higher than Beta Bomb on block for sure)
  4. 131 hit advantage, once again better than BB by alot
  5. 14 cancel frames
  6. 122 start up but that is for the actual laser to fire not the summoning of the orb which is fast. The laser charge time is not fast enough to jump in and do 12u2 and make it safe cause the laser will come out at the end of 2.
Meter Burned version
  1. summons 2 and is unsafer and launches them slight backwards and up, can be easily followed up with a f23 or b12
  2. +127 on block
  3. 160 hit advantage
  4. 126 once again its counting the frames it takes for the laser to come out and in this case the extra 4 frames are the times inbetween the two orbs shoot.
Overall its a better version of BB/BS in almost every way and can be done yolo style with great results, good at controlling space by making your opponent afraid to do something and can probably be used cyrax style with bombs that safe your ass in tight situations. I will see if I can get a video on it.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
looks really good, but part of the strength of his current trait is that you can hold it.

Does this one stay on hit?

SixPathsOfHate

looks really good, but part of the strength of his current trait is that you can hold it.

Does this one stay on hit?
small drone that shoots a laser that targets the opponent.
  1. Doesnt go away on block and is fast enough to catch floaty(ish) jumps.
  2. Makes most of his normals safe from what I am seeing, tested against another brainiac.
  3. +132 on block (doesnt seem like 132 tho but higher than Beta Bomb on block for sure)
  4. 131 hit advantage, once again better than BB by alot
  5. 14 cancel frames
  6. 122 start up but that is for the actual laser to fire not the summoning of the orb which is fast. The laser charge time is not fast enough to jump in and do 12u2 and make it safe cause the laser will come out at the end of 2.
Meter Burned version
  1. summons 2 and is unsafer and launches them slight backwards and up, can be easily followed up with a f23 or b12
  2. +127 on block
  3. 160 hit advantage
  4. 126 once again its counting the frames it takes for the laser to come out and in this case the extra 4 frames are the times inbetween the two orbs shoot.
Overall its a better version of BB/BS in almost every way and can be done yolo style with great results, good at controlling space by making your opponent afraid to do something and can probably be used cyrax style with bombs that safe your ass in tight situations. I will see if I can get a video on it.

SixPathsOfHate

OMG, why was this not part of his base skill set? -___- with his base skillset, the only thing that DOESNT involve tentacles is his trait x-x

#TopTierWithGear

lets make this a thing eh?
IDK, his current trait shoulda been a gear move, better yet his trait shoulda been the ship and his sky laser and death orbs shoulda been different inputs like down trait up trait side trait

SixPathsOfHate

who knows what NRS might do tho, would be great if they made gear moves available for competative mode.
it would be fine if they made ability only comp., that way no need to choose what gear can and cant be used. I feel brainiac is missing moves from his list but w/e

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
it would be fine if they made ability only comp., that way no need to choose what gear can and cant be used. I feel brainiac is missing moves from his list but w/e
exactly, feels like they made the character with some of these moves....then decided to remove them for u to find later x-x ugh.

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
It seems like there was a conscious choice to limit his combo potential, hence not getting the spear or laser as base moves. The slide I also understand as it functionally overlaps too much with the shoulder charge, and I suppose they didn't want to give him the Lex Probe as a default on top of his trait.

Still though, that doesn't explain why the parry shield is a gear move. That one feels like it should be in his base kit.

How many gear moves do other characters have on average anyway?

SixPathsOfHate

It seems like there was a conscious choice to limit his combo potential, hence not getting the spear or laser as base moves. The slide I also understand as it functionally overlaps too much with the shoulder charge, and I suppose they didn't want to give him the Lex Probe as a default on top of his trait.

Still though, that doesn't explain why the parry shield is a gear move. That one feels like it should be in his base kit.

How many gear moves do other characters have on average anyway?
Brainiac is the one I see with the most gear moves so far. DS with the least having what seems to be only 1... It seems they thought some of these moves would give brainiac "too much". I dnt have the parry move yet and tbh forgot it was even a thing but I can see how it should be in base kit. hopefully they add atleast that in or maybe might use the gear moves to help with balancing, so instead of nerfing something truly busted, they could just swap it out with a gear move.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
It's so annoying that he has all these tools that could have made him actually a decent character, but they decided nope, he doesn't need a wake up, a launching special cancel, a hitconfirmable string, a safe mid, a safe special, a real mix-up, a real projectile, any plus or even neutral buttons, walkspeed thats not the slowest in the game, etc, or just any one of the many tools you might find on a decent character. Lets instead just give him gimmicky "air pressure" off the floatiest jump ever, in the form of cross-ups that are easily anti-aired, dashed out of, or just held seeing as it's all reactable, and let's keep the useful shit for gear mode.

Ah well. Brainiac is gear only for me. No worries NRS.

Last edited:
Looks like Lex's prob from IGAU) I think his trait just shouldn't disappear or should come out if held when he blocks an attack. And he needs either the spear move or the laser from the ship to extend his ground damage.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
This how i feel about cyborg. The only way he got better was because of the gear system which you can't use in competitive mode

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
Sooo many cool moves hidden behind the stupid gear system.

NRS PLEASE. PLEASE MAKE A COMPETITIVE GEAR MODE WITH NO DAMAGE/HEALTH HANDICAPS WITH ALL ABILITIES UNLOCKED AND PREMADE LOADOUTS.

This would be no different than the variation system in MKX and make the game so much more exciting. All these amazing abilities are an absolute waste right now because we will never see them in high level play. It's really the only gripe I have about the game.

XxSYNDROISxX

For the Shokan since Mk3
Honestly the only thing I think Brainiac needs is for his trait not to go away on block I mean look at poison ivy atrocitus Batman none of their trait go away on block some don't even go away on hit

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
im starting to wonder if brainiac should have trait stay on block, im thinking it might make it TOO easy to get in on people. TBH id rather they leave the trait the way it was and give him faster walkspeed as well as the ion cannon.

i dunno about destruction orbs tho, could use slightly better frame data on some of his high strings.