What's new

Anyone else going to be checking out Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metin

Ermac & Smoke Main
Yes i do and the reason is i like the visuals but i have no idea about how to play VF. i just know the game is exist for years since i was a teenager but i have never played it before. Seems like Tekken but just visually.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Unless there's some nonsense with pricing, definitely.

Classic series, I remember it having prestige. Feel like I caught it at the arcade at some point. Always wanted to play as the sumo guy

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
PS4 only ☹.. enjoy it ppl

Is what it is, but on a side note, I really hope Microsoft "beats* Sony this console cycle, they got the PC thing going for availability

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
I loved VF5. I played it casually, usually with friends. But it was a lot of fun.

I do think people should make their voices heard about rollback netcode. I feel like at this point, the FGC shouldn’t settle for anything less for new releases of games, regardless if they are re-releases, remasters, remakes, etc. Even if the complaints don’t change anything for this specific game, devs need to EXPECT complaints about it from the rip.

SHAOLIN

内部冲突
I have PlayStation Plus so definitely getting it and I have three characters who always wanted to try: Akira, Kage (Da Ninja) and Vanessa, also thankfully I have a scene out here in Georgia.

So I'm good :D

Gooberking

FGC Cannon Fodder
Ok, so this is going to be as superficial as anything could be, but I'm super bothered by the VF1 style models being in the game. They went to all the trouble to upgrade the visuals, and then I'd be forced to play people destroying those visuals with their customizations. It's also more difficult to visually parse their movement, which is not great.

I'd rather look at infrared Scorpion.

Immortal

Blind justice....
Anything is better then infrared Scorpion. Lets not even talk about this abomination.

Nostalgia factor with VF fans is strong, so that's why you can use VF1 models. Most people won't thou. The most important thing is that online works well. We will see how its gonna be tomorrow when all people can play it.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
While watching VF streams, I realize again, how much I miss the option to be in training mode and search for online games @MK11.
(It also makes the gameflow so mach faster, direct into the fight, no longer fighter select, stupid design choose if you ask me ... EDIT: I mean in an online environment, why the hell do I also not see my cursor on hidden select? ...)
Man I actually can't wait to play this game, didn't saw me being that excited to play it tbh :D

Last edited:

Ashesfall

hmm the game is 2 months free on ps+ and the dlc is only cosmetic + lots of music.
I don't think the dlc is overpriced.
See this (support) money goes towards the franchise. (VF6)
But I also hope we get more stuff in the future for cosmetics.

Ok back to the game, I really enjoy it :D

MuMuGuy

Noob
hmm the game is 2 months free on ps+ and the dlc is only cosmetic + lots of music.
I don't think the dlc is overpriced.
See this (support) money goes towards the franchise. (VF6)
But I also hope we get more stuff in the future for cosmetics.

Ok back to the game, I really enjoy it :D
D and E costumes were omitted and many of the customization items that were in Final Showdown aren’t in the Legendary pack. This is a fucking joke, especially since FS is 10-years old.

Ashesfall

Maybe because the overhaul of the graphics is more work than just a "conversion"?
Maybe DLC pack 2 will have D and E costumes (I really hope so)

This game is a real remaster (not just an HD version), so me playing it for free, feels like a steal tbh lol
(take my 10 bucks supporter money)

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Started a new post-release discussion thread with most of today's posts here:

Status
Not open for further replies.