What's new

Question - Brawler Anyone Else Feel Like Brawler Is Underused?

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
I could see that argument when Hollywood had the hit adv. But you can still make a read and run their backdash in Brawler. Plus do you have to depend on a 50+ hit adv adv everytime for a 50/50? I feel Brawler's meter savings allows you to 50/50 during other times in the match.

Also how is her pressure better in Hollywood?

Just making a counterpoint.
Yes you can make a read in Brawler but the point I'm making is that you don't have to in Hollywood. You pay more for your combo ender but you get more in return. In that scenario, the opponent has an offensive counter to your read, where as in Hollywood there is no answer, they just have to hold a mixup after ex nut punch.

And no you don't have to only use the 50/50 after the hit advantage, but it as at that moment when it is strongest, again, because the opponent has to block correctly or they get opponent up, where as in Brawler the opponent has counter options forcing you to make a read on their action.

I'm just referring to the pressure of the situation Hollywood puts you in compared to Brawler.

The thing is though imo people need to stop thinking about variations being in competition with each other. It dosn't matter that she looses ex-nutpuch or looses the homing rocket (which imo is far and beyond her most powerful variation)... it is about what each variation has that the others do not and how that opens her up to help in matchups that her other variations are weaker against. I like to think that the entire 3 variations are just one character, all the top players learn and know all of the variations and use them accordingly as the base usage of the "variationless" version is identical. It is far easier to be good at the variations than good at 3 different characters and between those variations on a single character you can cover all matchups.. in most cases, and defiantly in cassies case.
This is true, but this thread has been a comparison of tools rather than a MU discussion thread. I agree.

Reactions: GQJ

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
After a knock down with overhead tackle Brawler got a almost safe meterless 50/50 (read my previous post). And all Cassie variations have 99% the same useful strings so their pressure are equal (HW's F34 does more damage and more chip that F33, but that's the only HW exclusive pressure string. In case you didn't know, it's not a hard knock down)
Jump kick is hit confirmable into air throw, she can delay the cancel very late and it still connects on hit
I know all this information, read my above post.

BangBang

Noob
Imo, what makes Hw better than brawler is IAG, but since I can't get it consistently, I choose Brawler. Of course she has a lot of troubles against "zoners" but a Hw whithout IAG has them too.

F3 yes but not df1. df1 is significantly different to the f3 spacing.
its also perfect position for df1 after takedown, flip wont whiff for sure, I guarantee. As yolo said, takedown is better than nutpunch but in MB versions hollywood is better. on CB sonic used brawler I dont recall matchup tho. lets remove armor from ex takedown and make it anti wake up lol.