What's new

Question - Brawler Anyone Else Feel Like Brawler Is Underused?

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I honestly have NEVER seen a Brawler in Ranked. I've seen a few Spec Ops and many Hollywoods. Obviously I'm not saying it's her absolute best, but I feel like no one plays it. Even if it may not be as strong as the others, it is solid in my opinion. (I don't think the BF3 ender in Brawler is better than BD3 in Hollywood)
"Ding Dong"

Is this just me? Maybe it's just the luck of who I find.

JerzeyReign

PSN: JerzeyReign
After watching Sonic play with her I've been interested in using her but I haven't got a feel for Cassie yet. I like the variation a lot.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
After watching Sonic play with her I've been interested in using her but I haven't got a feel for Cassie yet. I like the variation a lot.
She's fun but hard to learn (Until you get her Run cancels down). I may be delusional but I feel like girls and guys are easier and harder in some aspects of the same combo.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Her throw is great for punishing stuff that is hard to punish, but its hard to get good with - and that is really its good for other than spiking damage at the end in combos. Her other variations offer more ways to gain a tactical advantage.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Her throw is great for punishing stuff that is hard to punish, but its hard to get good with - and that is really its good for other than spiking damage at the end in combos. Her other variations offer more ways to gain a tactical advantage.
That's why I feel like too. Although as I said, Brawler is still solid. I would even say she's easier than the others.

Reactions: GAV

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Why in your opinion does spec ops give cassie a better tactical advantage.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Why in your opinion does spec ops give cassie a better tactical advantage.
Spec Ops has the missiles. Hollywood has the air gun. They're both better at zoning. In MKX, if you can't zone - you end up with a few really bad matchups. In Brawler, she can't zone against those that have fast projectiles.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I'm taking a shot in the dark here, but I believe (Correct me if I'm wrong) it has to do with her missiles?
Spec Ops has the missiles. Hollywood has the air gun. They're both better at zoning. In MKX, if you can't zone - you end up with a few really bad matchups. In Brawler, she can't zone against those that have fast projectiles.
The missiles don't give her the ability to zone because of the bad start up and recovery. I play HQT and it's hard for him to hold his own as a zoner in some matchups so I don't really see Cassie in Spec Ops being able to hold her own in a zoning battle. Losing the armor on flip and it becoming 7 frames hurt Spec Ops more than the others, and the Brawler buffs make her able to play MKX better. Cassie has a really good run speed and B1, so can you elaborate a little more on why you think Brawler gets zoned hard? I agree that Spec Ops is better in a way of having more of a full screen prescience, but I think Brawler is better because of the ender, the grab, and damage over Spec Ops. I for sure accept your opinions, but that's just my two cents on the matter. Any Cassie players feel free to educate me if I'm wrong.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
The missiles don't give her the ability to zone because of the bad start up and recovery. I play HQT and it's hard for him to hold his own as a zoner in some matchups so I don't really see Cassie in Spec Ops being able to hold her own in a zoning battle. Losing the armor on flip and it becoming 7 frames hurt Spec Ops more than the others, and the Brawler buffs make her able to play MKX better. Cassie has a really good run speed and B1, so can you elaborate a little more on why you think Brawler gets zoned hard? I agree that Spec Ops is better in a way of having more of a full screen prescience, but I think Brawler is better because of the ender, the grab, and damage over Spec Ops. I for sure accept your opinions, but that's just my two cents on the matter. Any Cassie players feel free to educate me if I'm wrong.
I guess we really couldn't call her a full blown "zoner" That title goes to Quan Chi. But yes, she does have more ability from full screen. Though, Cassie is great at getting in while being zoned out.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I guess we really couldn't call her a full blown "zoner" That title goes to Quan Chi. But yes, she does have more ability from full screen. Though, Cassie is great at getting in while being zoned out.
Yeah that's basically what I was trying to get across.

Arzumis

Noob
I would play Spec ops is certain matchups where Cassie would struggle to get in.

Brawler is supposed to be most offensive variation of cassie but Hollywood offers more offense and defense through ex nut punch which is cassie's best move

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
I would play Spec ops is certain matchups where Cassie would struggle to get in.

Brawler is supposed to be most offensive variation of cassie but Hollywood offers more offense and defense through ex nut punch which is cassie's best move
If I'm not mistaken, Hollywood got nerfed? I'd still consider that her best, but not entirely sure.

Wigy

There it is...
Jk grab is lethal also, reaaaally helps in MU's like liu kang where you need to jump punish projectiles.

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
Jk grab is lethal also, reaaaally helps in MU's like liu kang where you need to jump punish projectiles.
"JK" is jump kick right? Jump kick grabs (I believe that's what you're saying) I really don't find myself using those too much. Should I be using them? lol

I think Brawler is very under used and like much of the variation system fills some wholes in the MU for Cassie. She has INSANE damage form that air grab and is my go2 for jumping characters. You can condition in the corner for jump outs and completely nail people. Like much of MKx I think people are very narrow minded about what is good and what is not, and imo, Brawler is VERY good.

As for "pros"? I think Dab used to run her and had good success with that variation until he switched to Tanya.

Addhad

GOD OF EARTHRELM
I think Brawler is very under used and like much of the variation system fills some wholes in the MU for Cassie. She has INSANE damage form that air grab and is my go2 for jumping characters. You can condition in the corner for jump outs and completely nail people. Like much of MKx I think people are very narrow minded about what is good and what is not, and imo, Brawler is VERY good.

As for "pros"? I think Dab used to run her and had good success with that variation until he switched to Tanya.
thanks for sharing your opinion

D7X

EMPEROR | D7X
thanks for sharing your opinion

I agree!