What's new

Question Anyone else experiencing bad lag on ps3 og MK2?

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
Here's my story.
When I got my ps3 and og MK2 in 2010, I had 3 mbps download speed DSL internet.
I had near perfect connections to all my friends that I would play against.

Over the last few months however, connections with people that live in neighboring states, that I never lagged with before, are now lagging 99% of the time.
My internet was fluctuating between 0.1 and 2.5 mbps download speed, so I just upgraded last month to 30 mbps download speed cable internet. To my amazement, this has done NOTHING to improve my connections on og MK2. My connections on MKAK with guys in other countries have definitely improved. I can now play a guy in Russia with very little delay. So IMO it can't be my internet that is the issue, because my MKAK connection has improved. Also, a game that used to take me 60 minutes to dl from the PS3 store, now takes me 3 minutes lol.

So the question is, since PS3 took og MK2 out of the stores in 2011 when MKAK was released, is it a probability that they are just ignoring the og server and letting it go to hell? I'm not the only one that has complained of og MK2 lag issues lately. Our MK2 community would be flourishing if we actually had a solid version that played lag-free (between the states at least).

By the way. what determines the speed of. When i started to use kaillera and i needed good connection, i've noticed this: download speed affects to your ping, yes, 30 mbps is a good ;] But there are something else, i'd call it channel cleanness and it more important than speed itself. For example, many ppl around the world have a shitty dnld speed like the 1-2 Mbps and they feels good online just because they have high cleanness. And conversely: few years ago i had 50 mbps but very low cleanness and i've really sucked with my delays & lags.
So, it depends from your internet service provider, what quality equipment he uses.

mortal_jason

Kitana's Bodyguard
By the way. what determines the speed of. When i started to use kaillera and i needed good connection, i've noticed this: download speed affects to your ping, yes, 30 mbps is a good ;] But there are something else, i'd call it channel cleanness and it more important than speed itself. For example, many ppl around the world have a shitty dnld speed like the 1-2 Mbps and they feels good online just because they have high cleanness. And conversely: few years ago i had 50 mbps but very low cleanness and i've really sucked with my delays & lags.
So, it depends from your internet service provider, what quality equipment he uses.
I think that's called latency? Or do you mean something else? www.ping-test.net does a latency test. On my computer my latency is 40ms, but on PS3 it's around 100ms. But everything reads low on PS3, so it's hard to know. Plus, when I had 2mbps download speed, I had perfect connections with many people on og. But nothing changed at my house, all of a sudden everyone just started lagging on og MK2. Obviously something is wrong. I'm going to take my PS3 to two different friends houses and test it on the internet at those places, and see if I still lag in og.

Alex, I thought our connection the other day was just as delayed as it used to be. But when I play "scorpiononlygood" on PS3 MKAK, it is pretty good. He lives in Russia too. Also when I played ironcage with my new internet, the connection was way better than it used to be.