What's new

Question Anybody know of some PC mods for MK9?

Now that MK9 is finally on PC, I want to mod the living shit out of it, I want to start making custom skins and toying around with the game's data. I've googled around and haven't found any modding communities that are tackling this game, if anybody could link me to some resources I'd really appreciate it. But perhaps it's too early and I need to be patient lol.

EDIT:

Found a pretty nice all in one thread about what's currently possible (along with some sweet skins) -

http://w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/8956770/1/

Another MK9 modding forum -

http://www.mksecrets.net/forums/eng/viewforum.php?f=80&sid=87c92b1c985da73b3a488ed285b7dc3e

Brink

Noob
Now that MK9 is finally on PC, I want to mod the living shit out of it, I want to start making custom skins and toying around with the game's data. I've googled around and haven't found any modding communities that are tackling this game, if anybody could link me to some resources I'd really appreciate it. But perhaps it's too early and I need to be patient lol.
I too want this game heavily modded. I did some texture edits but the tools for the PS3 don't work on PC. I still managed to hex edit the textures into the game and it worked though. If you have a DXT5 texture ready to import, I could put it in for you.

haha, that's really cool. i can only imagine the things that will be done in the next month or so with this game.

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Hmm, if fatality swaps were found that quickly, what else can be done with the code..

How about we make MK1 Reptile, UMK3 Jade, MK2 Noob and MK2 Smoke (the arcade ladder versions) legal for a tournament if they can be made playable? I wonder if that version of Jade is actually fully immune to Kenshi's specials..

Qineuro

Noob
Check the Steam Community forums for MK9 - there's a few people discussing ideas over there. Nothing major has been released yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Boss Fats won't swap for the generic characters', obviously.
Actually, that's totally possible. It looks really goofy seeing the 2-armed characters doing Goro and Kintaro's finishers, but it won't crash anything.

Check the Steam Community forums for MK9 - there's a few people discussing ideas over there. Nothing major has been released yet, but I think it's only a matter of time.

Actually, that's totally possible. It looks really goofy seeing the 2-armed characters doing Goro and Kintaro's finishers, but it won't crash anything.
Is that so? Then I might try giving someone Kahn's body-rip Fat... at least until he's playable himself.

You can swap 'some' fatalities (in the "Assets" folder) by simply renaming them. E.g., Subzero's head rip for Kano or Kitana's for Sonya. Boss Fats won't swap for the generic characters', obviously.
Sonya doing Mileenas fatality is terrifying.

Nightmare fuel.

Sent from my Gameboy Color using Tapatalk 2

I gave Quan Chi Khan's body-rip Fat and it works just as if it were Chi's own. The command input remain Chi's, which means the actually commands are kept in a different file. ...the executable, perhaps.

Yeah, like Mike said, I found a utility that allows one to decrypt the coalesced.ini and the two other .eng and .int files. There is a whole host of settings one can modify, including things like the framerate, connection timeout settings etc.

I've also contacted guys over on a PS3 website to assist us with file conversion between the PS3 files to make them compatible with the PC version. This will allow us to add the bosses like Shao Khan, Goro and Kintaro as well as Kratos. I'm also still digging on my side, toying with settings. I'll definitely let you guys know if I find something interesting that I can share :)

My ideal mod would be a versus set-up where one player can use a boss character and the second player/ers a tag team of generic characters - i.e., 1v2 tag matches. This would make the bosses far more balanced and the bouts competitive without the need to place arbitrary constraints on boss play.

Given the Tower mode comprises of all sorts of versus combinations, at least on face value, this seems doable. Thoughts...?