What's new

Question - Shotgun Any video footage

Why do you think NRS disregards the Jacqui players

• Total voters

Arkane Slim

I did a lot but I never hated...
I want to believe there is a good player out there with real matchup footage of them winning consistently with Shotgun and Hi-Tech?

I really want to stick with Jacqui but I literally can't take being out poked by everyone as well as swinging and not making contact. I recently tried to play her as a whiff punisher but even that sucks. It's frustrating. All this talk about hitting the lab and figuring things out [in my opinion] is cliche and it has been exhausted by the Jacqui community to no avail.

My last hope is finding a good player on video to show me what they are doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I also feel NRS won't seriously consider normalizing her for reason unknown. I want to play my character that I like not some top tier character just for wins.

I was inspired by 16 bit going from Catwoman to Killer Frost back to Catwoman. He really excelled with that character in the later stages of tournaments. I've gotten good with Kotal and Sub but I find myself wanting to go back to Jacqui because she is who I want to play. I have hope somebody can do that for Jacqui but I don't think people understand how much her hitbox, animation, and frame data all take a toll on her offense. Otherwise, I don't see myself playing this game unless I see proof of a successful player. Some characters just need to be fixed...not "figured out"

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
Full-Auto is good enough that they consider Jacqui "fine" with no needs of buffs or nerfs. Same with a lot of characters that are getting their weaker variations neglected coz one is overshadowing them. It's the same with GrandMaster Sub-zero, Shirai Ryu Takeda, ThunderGod Raiden and the list goes on.

As more time goes on more and more variations will become obsolete in high-level, it's just how it goes really. NRS can do something about it but I doubt that they would, seems they see Jacqui is good enough as she is. I see Goro getting the Kitana/Kenshi treatment in an upcoming patch tho.

I haven't seen any footage (dunno if it's there) but I remember a Shotty Jacqui getting top 8 in one of the SoCal tourneys. iKrizzle I think or something close to that :C

I don't know much about her, but I heard she has a safe, standing meterless vortex. How effective is it?
The vortex itself is solid, she gets a Quan style restand into a 50/50 with b33/b2 and it can loop into itself doing 25%~30% each rep, but Jacqui's base design struggles in a lot of areas (anti-air, punishing, counter-poking, jumping in, waking up etc) making it hard to be effective.

Last edited:

cashthesehands

monster masher
I want to believe there is a good player out there with real matchup footage of them winning consistently with Shotgun and Hi-Tech?

I really want to stick with Jacqui but I literally can't take being out poked by everyone as well as swinging and not making contact. I recently tried to play her as a whiff punisher but even that sucks. It's frustrating. All this talk about hitting the lab and figuring things out [in my opinion] is cliche and it has been exhausted by the Jacqui community to no avail.

My last hope is finding a good player on video to show me what they are doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I also feel NRS won't seriously consider normalizing her for reason unknown. I want to play my character that I like not some top tier character just for wins.

I was inspired by 16 bit going from Catwoman to Killer Frost back to Catwoman. He really excelled with that character in the later stages of tournaments. I've gotten good with Kotal and Sub but I find myself wanting to go back to Jacqui because she is who I want to play. I have hope somebody can do that for Jacqui but I don't think people understand how much her hitbox, animation, and frame data all take a toll on her offense. Otherwise, I don't see myself playing this game unless I see proof of a successful player. Some characters just need to be fixed...not "figured out"

It is incredibly difficult getting out of pressure in shotgun. And because your optimal range is sweep distance, and most characters have fast, forward advancing normals, she's always at risk of being put back into the meat grinder. I love playing shotgun but once your opponent realizes they can jump for free, and abuse you on knockdown, it gets alot more difficult to win. I think you're on the right track sticking with whiff-punishing- her back walk speed is killer, and back dashes can help you escape pressure. But her shit pokes and normals are a huge hinderance.

Arkane Slim

Full-Auto is good enough that they consider Jacqui "fine" with no needs of buffs or nerfs. Same with a lot of characters that are getting their weaker variations neglected coz one is overshadowing them. It's the same with GrandMaster Sub-zero, Shirai Ryu Takeda, ThunderGod Raiden and the list goes on.

As more time goes on more and more variations will become obsolete in high-level, it's just how it goes really. NRS can do something about it but I doubt that they would, seems they see Jacqui is good enough as she is. I see Goro getting the Kitana/Kenshi treatment in an upcoming patch tho.

I haven't seen any footage (dunno if it's there) but I remember a Shotty Jacqui getting top 8 in one of the SoCal tourneys. iKrizzle I think or something close to that :C

The vortex itself is solid, she gets a Quan style restand into a 50/50 with b33/b2 and it can loop into itself doing 25%~30% each rep, but Jacqui's base design struggles in a lot of areas (anti-air, punishing, counter-poking, jumping in, waking up etc) making it hard to be effective.
I will look this player up, thanks.

Hey there I’m new here so please bear with me I just made this account . I want to main Jacqui as well and get the game soon. So Yeah I’ve been wanna play this game but I rather have a complete/full edition of it. Yes it hard to find videos of her but I manage to run across this channel. Not only that they use shotgun as a main which I like. I hope I’m not a burden here just wanna spread some love for this underused character whoms my favorite. Please don’t kill me for not buying the game yet I just rather wait.

Here some shot gun footage below of a good of "T-Rex" Jacqui Briggs player on YT I really hope it helps!

Arkane Slim

Hey there I’m new here so please bear with me I just made this account . I want to main Jacqui as well and get the game soon. So Yeah I’ve been wanna play this game but I rather have a complete/full edition of it. Yes it hard to find videos of her but I manage to run across this channel. Not only that they use shotgun as a main which I like. I hope I’m not a burden here just wanna spread some love for this underused character whoms my favorite. Please don’t kill me for not buying the game yet I just rather wait.

Here some shot gun footage below of a good of "T-Rex" Jacqui Briggs player on YT I really hope it helps!

Thanks for posting this. His opponents weren't all that savy, however his punishes are the same as mine. My problem is you can't block forever... So because of that, you have to try to generate offense... And Jacqui loses in the footsies battle badly. Thanks for posting though

WidowPuppy

Attack pekingese
I hear ya. I probably should of made that more obvious [that I was joking] I knew Salt would get it. [I've since edited it]

Why the hell Low Blow becomes a mid at Dusting range is ridiculous. And that fact that the recovery on hit for Bionic Dash is bad enough to make the juggle properties from a low into Bionic Dash followed by Low Blow or running into a 12 sketchy as hell.

:(

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this. His opponents weren't all that savy, however his punishes are the same as mine. My problem is you can't block forever... So because of that, you have to try to generate offense... And Jacqui loses in the footsies battle badly. Thanks for posting though
No problem. I apologize if the video didn't help you but still check out his other videos on his channel because that's not the only one. He's plays jacqui pretty well despite her flaws and he goes against some good players.The sad part is that guy's YT channel alone was the only channel that I could find that's dedicated to Jacqui's online play and they don't use her FA variation, just her shotgun one.

Arkane Slim

Thank you for the videos. I actually started to simplify my game plan and noticed when I would quick punish with 4 xx BF4 several times it condition the opponent into playing a footsie game which went more in my favor. Maybe I was overthinking things always looking for more damage.

Anywho, for that posted the video and had positive responses, thank you.

Arkane Slim

Here's Sonicfox vs Art:

Ikizzle vs Inferno Scorpion. Some good things, but also highlights Jacqui's flaws specifically no AA and counterzoning:

Ikizzle vs Alist Johnny , great use of backwalk:
This is good stuff. I'm going to watch more of IKizzle...this is exactly what I needed to see. I don't mind Jacqui being mid-tier, I just got to see how people work her with her sub-par normals.

cashthesehands

monster masher
This is good stuff. I'm going to watch more of IKizzle...this is exactly what I needed to see. I don't mind Jacqui being mid-tier, I just got to see how people work her with her sub-par normals.
Where I've been struggling with her lately is getting out of pressure. Looks like I need to incorporate more d3/d4~high shots.