What's new

Any Underground Hip Hop Fans? (EVERYONE) I NEED YOUR HELP!!!

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Peace everyone,

It's been a minute since I posted but I wanted to pose the question in my title to everyone here. I've been hard at work on a new PodKast and I want to combine my love for music with my love for gaming or... Mortal Kombat to be more specific.

I am an audio engineer/producer out of the Los Angeles area. I've worked with several Kali underground artists and a few New York and Jersey acts on the east coast. As far as MK goes, I've been active in the NRS scene since about August 2011, when Freddy was released as DLC in MK9 (serves as a nice bookmark).

With introductions out the way, the reason for the thread is to see if it would be at all possible to get some love from the TestYourMight kommunity on helping me build this PodKast/Stream. We already have our 1st guest booked but want to see if there are any real hip hop heads out there before I reveal who it is.

My PodKast will also incorporate MK11 by streaming on twitch at
Twitch.tv/wargamesmedia I'm hoping to get every guest I have on to play MK but will settle for any other game I can get them to play (fingers crossed). I figure this would be something new and fun for everyone and would at least bring some well deserved attention to Mortal Kombat from the artists fan base.

Also, any help or suggestions I can get would be highly appreciated!!! I am doing everything on my own from artwork, to equipment, to booking these artists which can be tough.

We are stating things off with a giveaway at 100 followers on
Twitch with one of the koolest Funko Pops I've seen.

I may not be the best player out there but I love MK to the fullest. Please help us by just following the channel and spreading the word.

There will be a lot more to the channel and PodKast but those who follow will soon become acquainted with everything about me and the show.

Thank you to everyone and my PSN is xWARGAMESx

PEACE!!!

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Love the idea, def not the biggest head out there anymore but I know most shit from 96ish til 2008 and then so much shit started dropping and life and shit.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
Love the idea, def not the biggest head out there anymore but I know most shit from 96ish til 2008 and then so much shit started dropping and life and shit.
I completely understand where you are coming from. Give us a follow on twitch and spread the word brother. I guarantee you will enjoy the PodKast.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I was big into underground in the 90s early 2000s. What’s considered underground these days? SoundCloud rappers? I barely listen to any new music, it’s kind of a bummer.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
I was big into underground in the 90s early 2000s. What’s considered underground these days? SoundCloud rappers? I barely listen to any new music, it’s kind of a bummer.
Definitely not SoundCloud rappers lol. I can’t stand mumble rap either. I’m talking about music with context. Underground is non commercial hip hop by artists who actually have talent. Here is an artist that I’m sure many have never heard of. He was a big comic book head out of Philadelphia and even made a track about battling various comic characters. I’ll post that track and another more recent one here.

The Last Emperor

stokedAF

casual kahnage
Yeah I know the last emperor. That secret wars song is the time frame I was listening to underground. That’s 90s stuff I believe lol. I’ve heard Marco Polo as a guest on songs.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
Have not heard the last emp track in ages. Marco Polo beats are dope though I like his stuff with masta ace a lot.

The Abbot

Unit LK-52O
So who’s the guest lol?
I will be posting it soon. Rappers are notorious for backing out of commitments. Trust me, I know.

My interview is scheduled for next Saturday. I will update who my guest will be mid week but I will say this artist is LA based and part of a crew of emcees.

I just need people to follow on us at twitch.tv/wargamesmedia so if I can get him to play MK, we can have fans ask questions live during the matches.